Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tru evo
This tread is hilarious... Listen Bro, I am way older than u. One thing in life I've learned, is I don't give a damn what people think...U could like my car or hate it, it just does not matter. I get compliments on my car all the time and I would say thanks and keep it moving. If some kid revs is engine at me, I just wave and say no thanks. I would never let anyone dictate to me what car I should drive. Just look at it this way, it's all bout u. Do u like ur car or not ? If the answer is yes, then keep the damn thing... Hey but look at the bright side, I am behind u 110 percent if u want something a little more lux. that's why I got an e92 335
Best of luck with ur next purchase and be careful at work...
I don't care what others think either -- it's what others do. Revving is slightly annoying but relatively harmless. It's the *******s chasing you down to scream at you, cut you off at any chance they get, key your car when its parked outside the mall, toss drinks/change/etc at you, tailgating you to the point of putting your car/safety at risk, etc. The number of times I have experienced the above in an Evo far outnumbers any other car I have owned. It gets old relatively quick!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

yea the revving is annoying and maybe our cars get it a little more but.... this happens to the sti, srt4 (i have a friend with one), corvettes, v8 mustangs and camaros. it is all kinda relative. if you have something that is considered fast it is going to draw attention. the damage to the car sucks and i think it is uncalled for but people are idiots.

i am 28 and love my evo fits me, my wife and my 2 little girls 3 and 1 yrs old. it is a practical car that can be made fun for little money.

my $0.02

STevo
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad your final thoughts don't include anything about the 03 Evo that would be helpful to others considering purchasing one.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

I know one thing that e93 335i's are badass cars. Handle well and are great for the fam.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate the OP's reasons and thoughts over the years of owning his evo. Alot of them hit at home with me. It bothers me as well when other people antagonize me when I'm driving but obviously this doesn't bother some people regardless of age.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by njboy
I hope you didn't sell your car because you think your too old to own one. I'm older than you and wear a tie to work, and have a child seat in the back. If someone revs me or older f@rts don't like my car then that is their problem. I love that rear wing its like driving around flipping the bird to people who don't know how to have fun in life.
+1 seriously live your life the way you want to and dont let other supposedly less mature people bother you so much
Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like it when youngies rev their engines at me, it makes me feel younger. And I even feel more younger when I win.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cabo
+1

That's one of the contributing factors to me trading in my EVO.

There were other reasons too, but that one stands out quite a bit.

Cabo
I am right there behind you...
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Lol
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your thoughts Eon, I'm curious what car you will end up getting next. UT_Evo, interesting that you don't get revved on as much in the Porsche. Do you have tinted windows? I wonder if people just think you're some old man and don't bother, besides that I think Porsches just have an air of respect to them and people who don't know about them think they are super-duper fast so they don't pick on you. I've considered a 996 as an alternative to an Evo, and admittedly am having a hard time deciding what my next car will be (Porsche, Evo, STi, etc.). Sorry hope I'm not hijacking the thread.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by njboy
I hope you didn't sell your car because you think your too old to own one. I'm older than you and wear a tie to work, and have a child seat in the back. If someone revs me or older f@rts don't like my car then that is their problem. I love that rear wing its like driving around flipping the bird to people who don't know how to have fun in life.
I had to use the end of your post in my sig....haha Sometimes I get picked on by guys at work for the wing and I tell them they're just mad cuz they're old and don't know how to have fun. Great post
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

U sure do sound like a whimp.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wazvette
I am 29...How could you justify calling me a "Kid" then?? I did fall in your" less than 28" category you know.

Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

I made it a point to be extra cautious and to ignore the comments from the MuscleBoys, haters and know-it-alls.

Part of the hardships endured are the groups of people who flock into the forums here and create havoc. People who don't know how to address someone properly or argue a good point always hurts when you are desperately trying to extract much needed information.

As far as the vendors. I am a die-hard Buschur fan, and if I ever see him getting attacked on the board, I always come to his defense. I don't know him personally, but I can say for sure his standards and ethics are right up there. Everyone gets the same treatment. I have spoken with Al a few times and have never had an issue, so I cannot comment.

I won't comment on any other vendors, as I have had some bad experiences, but the one guy I would turn to for, for damn near anything is Adam from Z1auto.com

Great guy. Can't say enough.

I agree with your issues though-it really sucks that we just cannot get past it. I wish somehow Evo's would only attract enlightened people, more concerned with forward motion (figuratively) than winning an argument.

keep your head up, and don't be afraid to come back to us!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Nice writeup. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts