Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had my Evo for 8 months now, and I have yet to come across somebody wanting to race me in the streets or gotten any weird vibes from anybody. Maybe it is because I look my age and nobody wants to race an old man. Anyway - good luck with your next car. I'm keeping mine for as long as I can drive it.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I miss my Evo, but I don't miss the attention at all. I understand where your coming from. I blend in perfect now.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
I miss my Evo, but I don't miss the attention at all. I understand where your coming from. I blend in perfect now.
+1 Speed 3's attractive very little attention

To the OP, EVO's do attract attention, but to be realistic anything with a big wing will do that
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:24 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Not sure why it's still happenning but I don't get any more attention with the evos. They're old school now.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

I'm 32 and could care less what people think of me or my car while I'm driving it. I didn't buy it for anyone else but me and as long as I'm happy thats all that matters. I'm not gonna let some little spankers in other cars revving at me ruin my time in my car. It comes with the territory of owning a performance car.

As far as vendors go, I've done business with several and never thought I should be called sir. I'm not in my 60's. I just expect good business and answers to my questions even if they are dumb.

Good luck with your next car.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who cares what people think. I have had women ask me why I have such a big wing, and look at me like they are thinking "Youre not 18 anymore, whats wrong with you" but I look at them and just tell them to shut the **** up, the car comes stock like this you ignorant bag, and go my own happy way.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

oddly enough its been two years almost since I blew my engine (and the car is still not back together....combo of many things including two jobs, a young daughter just born, and buying the wife a caddy <------all the evo money went there. Those of you who are married will understand) but having bought a much higher class car such as the caddy cts-v, the ricer effect from other drivers is non-existant. Also, GM is so much more warranty friendly.

Although I do dream of the day I can get my poor evo back on the road. Next year sometime.....
Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:38 AM
Account Disabled

I Understand the OP. But Seriously I dont give a **** what anybody else thinks of my car. Its mines I pay for it, Now Im going to buy a X and im sure ill attract more attention.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:18 AM

It must be where I live, but I don't have this problem at all. The car attracts plenty of attention, but rarely any in obnoxious form. I get compliments, especially from the younger folks all the time in drive throughs, parking lots, etc. I don't think I've ever honestly had anyone throw revs on me at a light at all.

The Evo is a bit of an icon, but I'd be hard pressed to believe you wouldn't run into the same exact problem with any other iconic car. M3, M5, Z06, Cobra, etc..

I'm 33, I love my car. I've wanted an Evo since long before they were available in the states, used to kid about moving somewhere just so I could own one. I was at my Mitsu dealer the day their very first one arrived and waited for them to take the plastic off so I could check it out. It took me years to get financially where I needed to be to own one. Luckily, I don't get much harrassment, but I think even if I did, its a burden I would gladly carry.

Good luck with whatever you choose as your new car bro, but I feel pretty confident saying that if you downgrade the attention, you are likely gonna be downgrading your driving experience as well, regardless of what car you decide on. Best of luck!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Saotome9
I Understand the OP. But Seriously I dont give a **** what anybody else thinks of my car. Its mines I pay for it, Now Im going to buy a X and im sure ill attract more attention.

The Evo X won't stand out in traffic as much as the VIII and IX do. So don't get your hopes up.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 37 and could care less what anyone out there thinks of my Evo.. nice car, ricer, tuner, kid car, WHATEVER! For me the Evo is pure driving pleasure and a 4door kid hauler and that's all that matters. Yea everyone revs and mostly I wave or ignore them all together. I hope I dont ever fall prey to thinking I need to conform to some type of "acceptable image" to be happy.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Corey
I'm 32 and could care less what people think of me or my car while I'm driving it. I didn't buy it for anyone else but me and as long as I'm happy thats all that matters. I'm not gonna let some little spankers in other cars revving at me ruin my time in my car. It comes with the territory of owning a performance car.

As far as vendors go, I've done business with several and never thought I should be called sir. I'm not in my 60's. I just expect good business and answers to my questions even if they are dumb.

Good luck with your next car.
I concur, I am 34 and I knew what I was getting into before I bought the car. I have always taken life with a grain of salt and could care less what other fools think of me and my car. Except the jealous, ignorant scum bag that keyed my ride for no reason.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

If you drive a sports car, whether it's an Evo, STi, Corvette or Porsche, you would always get the eventual "street racers" wanting to test their car against yours. It's normal and it has happened to me in my Evo and in my Porsche back in 1999. So it'll keep happening. I just have my windows tinted and don't care about the other stupid trying to race me
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just ask them "why do you wear so much makeup" "why do you wear so much perfume" "why do you wear such tight clothes on a big body"
then say, maybe i got the wing hoping to fly away from someone like you.
that will shut them up.
Originally Posted by nightwalker
Who cares what people think. I have had women ask me why I have such a big wing, and look at me like they are thinking "Youre not 18 anymore, whats wrong with you" but I look at them and just tell them to shut the **** up, the car comes stock like this you ignorant bag, and go my own happy way.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I'm 37 and could care less what anyone out there thinks of my Evo.. nice car, ricer, tuner, kid car, WHATEVER! For me the Evo is pure driving pleasure and a 4door kid hauler and that's all that matters. Yea everyone revs and mostly I wave or ignore them all together. I hope I dont ever fall prey to thinking I need to conform to some type of "acceptable image" to be happy.
to me that's kindof what the evo is all about....just being urself....not conforming to driving a civic like everyone else or a mustang or something.....i mean i only know of 3 evo's around where i live......mine.... and 2 viii's.....my evo is bone stock and people are asking me if i bought that wing and those seats and such....i just laugh and say it came that way......i think it's funny when someone pulls up beside me revving the engine and expects me to race them or something...and what's funnier is it's always some car that wouldn't even stand a chance...i just shake my head and say to myself "what was he thinking?"....i guess sometimes i just wanna let go and put them in there place by blowing them away which i know i could do but my ego just isn't that big....i mean what does that prove?......woohoo look at me i'm faster than u....who cares?....i didn't buy the evo to impress other people or anything...i bought it cuz i liked it...simple as that....i don't have to prove anything to anyone....these guys already know that my car is faster than theirs....the people that have faster cars than mine never give me any trouble.....they just mind their own business....i dunno...guess i am old now...lol...i'm just not that competitive anymore...i just don't care....i mean i've never had a mustang, vette, sti, porshe, z, or any car that had a chance pull up beside me and want to race.....interesting...i don't race my car anyways....just love to drive it.....the best handling car i've ever driven..... another thing that's funny to me...it's like people expect that if u have a sports car that u drive fast all the time and race everyone and such....that's just stupid.....i mean i do drive fast sometimes but most of the time i just drive normal....maybe i'm getting old and i shouldn't be driving an evo....i'm 32....i think my next vehicle will be a truck...but i plan on keeping the evo cuz i like it

Last edited by kilgoja; Nov 29, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts