Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:09 PM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also 32 and seem getting younger with every mod I had never learned to appreciate what under the hood until years back when a Honda Accord cut me off in my spotless-sporty-pig-heavy 3000gt sl. I was also concerned with being pulled over for no obvious reason when buying the Evo. Well... so far it has never happened to me in any car; it's probably because of the driving pattern -- I don't race, chase, or cut people, and always signal. As for "ricer" ... aren't we in the same category? Really I've never had any issue with people in Honda since. I encounter a kid with a Passat v8 something wanting to race me a few times, too bad.. he'll always win because I'm too young to die on the street.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Well put. Best of luck on your next car purchase down the road.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:31 PM

Thats a very respectful decision. I'm 22 years old and constantly have people of all ages reving their engines at me as well whether it be foreign or domestic cars. I have contemplated selling the evo for these reasons as well. I hate the fact that the evo is put into the ricer category. As much as i hate the unecessary attention given to me, my car is ONE of my favorite companions and cant see myself selling it any time soon....Good luck with the new purchase and thankyou for your input.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

without reading this entire thread, that was easily one of the most on point threads i have read in a while. good luck with whatever you chose next.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 05:59 PM
Eon

Well, I never indented to insult anyone with the age comment. I joined the military at 20 got married and had my kid at 21. I felt after a couple of years that I was mature but it wasn’t until I was about 28 that I started making better decisions and figured a lot of things out. Given my travels meeting a lot of younger people in the military, those experiences backed up my opinion. I never stated that EVERYBODY under the age of 28 is a punk kid. People just took it the way they wanted to read it. Which is probably the only bad thing about this forum, it is always difficult to understand what people are trying to say when they type things out.

I guess I should have posted some things I liked about the car, but I felt there were already enough threads on that matter. The only thing I disliked about the car was not enough luxury for the money. Even civics has navigation systems in them. Everything else I loved.

Again this was just my opinion and experiences on the matter. I did not feel I was too old to have the Evo and I did not get rid of it because of the revving or anything. I had the car for 4 years I was use to it. It was just time for me to get something different. I was considering an M5 sedan. It would have to be used to fit into my price range. Right now I just want to not have a new car note for a little bit. I will see whats on the market in a year or so.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck to you and yours!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

wait a year, get an IS-F.
PS 110% agreed on evoM immatureness
Old Dec 1, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
read the OP and up to pg 3...

personally, i've managed to stay away from chicago much so don't get that much of unwanted attention - i mean, i still gawk at IX's when i see them up close! - i'm probably the only evo owner in 20 mi. radius and mostly have v8'ers, trucks and cop cars. But basically, love the evo, always have, and don't care what other ppl think - esp. having kids and 4 drs (although christmas shopping is an experience with this little trunk space!)

evo owner 4 life
Old Dec 1, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

y didnt u jus try ignoring them or just dont look over?o.O ull regret selling it one day >.<
Old Dec 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Good thoughts man. Good luck with the next car.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

I appreciate your thoughts
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty old too but I did not recieved any bad comments about my evo.....only those who don't know **** about evo and talk alot of trash about it.
I think many time evo was misunderstood and misrepresented by many owners, you see what you do to your car can reflect or show on the comments you gets.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Good post -- I can see why you want to move on.

The whole road racing scene is completely different depending on where you live. I drive around Chicago and rarely get revved at or challenged, everyone is too preoccupied with their cell phone or traffic jams. Sometimes it gets a little boring actually. Maybe you should keep the evo and move to a larger city?? Then you can head out to the rural areas when you want to avoid traffic and have fun -- just avoid the college towns and high schools.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

I'm 50+ and I am keeping the Evo. It's has room and with power. Just a tip for those that don't want attention. I used to get attention from people who wants to show off, and Haters. So I replaced my Spoiler with a Rexpeed FRP Spoiler. Also it is 100 % stock. Now I don't get any unwanted attention. Car people knows them and I still get friendly waves from them. Once again no more challenges. I drive and park it with no problem. So instead of getting rid of it. Try removing and/or replace the Spoiler. Good luck to you all!
Originally Posted by redcat
+1

P.S. I'm 46
Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People that rev at our cars are simply jealous, and want a little bit of attention, they admire your car and want you to give them at least a glance. If you (not just OP, anybody) were mature, as you all claim, you would understand and not get pissed all the time.
Ricer flyby's need to be funny stories to tell your boys while drinking beer, not a reason to sell your car, that's just silly.

Customer service i hope you don't stop banking, using cell phones, internet, tv, because the majority of customer service that you get over the phone lives by "customer is always wrong" motto.

Last edited by mplspilot; Dec 2, 2007 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts