Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:26 PM
Eon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

This was the first car I have ever bought new. I really had no clue on the history of the car and I really didn’t know a thing about modding. Needless to say after I bought it I was hooked on making it go faster. I knew nothing about ricers or the young kid appeal of the car. All I knew was it was nice fast had four doors so I could fit the family in it.

Soon after buying it kids (if you’re younger than about 28 you fall in to this category) were giving me a lot of attention. Any time I would go through a drive through I would have to listen to some kid tell me how bad *** the car was. At first this was no problem but after a while it got really old. I wasn’t rude to anybody, just smiled and drove off. Any kind of civic, cavalier, jetta would rev its engine any time I went any where. I am not talking about one or two revs…the kinda of annoying person who just keeps it going far too long. Now I am really not that old but being 32 I think I have a different out look on life and got tired of being compared to a punk kid car or ricer car. I didn’t think that so many kids would have such and expensive car…fooled me. The people I did let drive the Evo defiantly had some respect for it after ward.

It did get egged at my second job one time. Still would like to find out who did that and kick some ***.

One experience I did not like was dealing with vendors. Being a little older I guess I am use to a little more respect when I am spending my money. I don’t know if they are just use to dealing with younger people customer service usually sucked. A few sirs thrown my way makes me feel like I am dealing with someone mature and they understand that I can go anywhere else with my money. I would have to say that Buschur racing was great. They always answered my questions. They didn’t make me feel like an idiot. I understand why they get a little upset from time to time dealing with so many young people. They should never have to rumor fight in my eyes…NOS…shesh.

Al from dynoflash was another bad experience. I have never handed over $400 for someone to sit in my car for less than 15 min and not tell me what the hell they were doing. He did feel free to tell me how much he hated cops and that they should all die. He does not keep a record for the free reflashes for life. He just wrote down my user name from this site. Over all I was very nervous, but his tuned worked and off I went. I do know that he helped a lot of people out when they needed it but he never made me feel like I knew what was going on or I was getting my moneys worth.

The web site is great and a lot of people on here are willing to help, I know I read the How Tos more than once, so pretty much it from someone who really knew nothing of modding or tuning before I bought the Evo. I will miss it. I will have to save up for something with a little more luxury. Well that’s it, my rant. Take it easy or anyway it comes. I know some of you are getting the flame throwers out..and thats ok..Just my experiences with the Evo
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Good thoughts, thank you
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck. What car are you planning or looking into?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I'm 28 and I know exactly what you mean. I can't stand the attention the car gets from the cops and the F&F wannabees. I think the older you get, you just want to be low key, and have a little bit of luxury in your ride. That said, having a fast car is always fun. What cars are you looking at replacing the evo with?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

As a fellow old fart, I agree completely.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
hmm... well i have to agree with you about the bad rep the evo gets. but i am ONLY 28 and i think your point about "YOUNG PUNKS" reving on you is silly.. did you have your wing on?? did you have a loud exhaust?? the evo can be as practical car as you want it to be. you want a difrent car thats fine but dont come on here bashing the evo, and a generation to make your self feel beter for being a pu$$y. i mean want a difrent car

thank you please drive thru
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

^^ wow chill
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, seriously. He was just saying that young punks are constantly reving their engines at him. I completely agree with him. Only douchebags rev their engines at other people. It doesn't matter what kind of car they drive.

What does his wing and exhaust have to do with anything? Are you aware that unless you purchase an RS, the Evo comes with a wing? No, you're right though. He didn't take it off and he must have an exhaust on there which justifies other kids being douchebags or "young punks" and reving their cute little cars.

He wasn't bashing the Evo and the community that is associated with it. He was saying that others around him act immaturely because of the car he drives. I get that all the time too. I'm not going to sell the car because of it, but I understand his point exactly.

Oh yeah, please explain to me why he is a *****. I mean you're the one talking on the internet so you're obviously pretty mature. Please elaborate.
This should be good.

Last edited by Xx Danny xX; Nov 27, 2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo420
hmm... well i have to agree with you about the bad rep the evo gets. but i am ONLY 28 and i think your point about "YOUNG PUNKS" reving on you is silly.. did you have your wing on?? did you have a loud exhaust?? the evo can be as practical car as you want it to be. you want a difrent car thats fine but dont come on here bashing the evo, and a generation to make your self feel beter for being a pu$$y. i mean want a difrent car

thank you please drive thru
Then there's the "not so young punks" who talk trash while hiding behind a keyboard. I think you just made the OP's point. It's that kind of attitude that people associate with Evo owners because people like you talk and act that way in public. Obviously age is not an indicator of maturity.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you didn't sell your car because you think your too old to own one. I'm older than you and wear a tie to work, and have a child seat in the back. If someone revs me or older f@rts don't like my car then that is their problem. I love that rear wing its like driving around flipping the bird to people who don't know how to have fun in life.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Xx Danny xX
Yeah, seriously. He was just saying that young punks are constantly reving their engines at him. I completely agree with him. Only douchebags rev their engines at other people. It doesn't matter what kind of car they drive.

What does his wing and exhaust have to do with anything? Are you aware that unless you purchase an RS, the Evo comes with a wing? No, you're right though. He didn't take it off and he must have an exhaust on there which justifies other kids being douchebags or "young punks" and reving their cute little cars.

He wasn't bashing the Evo and the community that is associated with it. He was saying that others around him act immaturely because of the car he drives. I get that all the time too. I'm not going to sell the car because of it, but I understand his point exactly.

Oh yeah, please explain to me why he is a *****. I mean you're the one talking on the internet so you're obviously pretty mature. Please elaborate.
This should be good.
very well put
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
Eon

Originally Posted by njboy
I hope you didn't sell your car because you think your too old to own one. I'm older than you and wear a tie to work, and have a child seat in the back. If someone revs me or older f@rts don't like my car then that is their problem. I love that rear wing its like driving around flipping the bird to people who don't know how to have fun in life.
I didnt sell it because of old I am. I just felt it was time for something different. At least until my kid is old enough for his own car then time for another sports car. My car was an 03 Evo with 34500 miles on it. I figured that it would be a good time to sell it before I can not longer get what I want for it.

I have a piece of crap car I drive around and the wife has a 04 GMC 2500 Duramax. I think I will get something a little more family friendly.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Then there's the "not so young punks" who talk trash while hiding behind a keyboard. I think you just made the OP's point. It's that kind of attitude that people associate with Evo owners because people like you talk and act that way in public. Obviously age is not an indicator of maturity.
My thoughts precisely. I'm 20 but plenty mature enough to have no urge to rev my engine constantly at some random person on the road. Unfortunately it seems the Evo community on the whole isn't exactly the most mature...
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
wow, didnt expect any one to get all upset .
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
...it seems the Evo community on the whole isn't exactly the most mature...
+1

That's one of the contributing factors to me trading in my EVO.

There were other reasons too, but that one stands out quite a bit.

Cabo

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts