Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might sell my Evo :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the same boat as you.

I haven't had my EVO for long, but i might be getting rid of it soon to go to collage.
I am 21, still living at home and also with a decent full time job.

I spend alot of my money on my car(s), and i am tired of being broke. I want to start my future, go back to school and get a good paying career.

Good luck!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

being in the army, ther is always the military to help you a long...like air force, navy, etc. do a couple of years of a job that intrests you then after 2-3 years of service goto school for free. thats what i did/still doing( in iraq now, 2nd time).

if you love the car and not 100% on what you want to do in life the military is a good buffer between wasting money at college and getting free training in the feild you want....that is just an option.

and no im not a recrutier, just passing on an option cause its what i kinda did, out of highschool i joined, not because of car or anything important, just felt like trying it. then i got the evo and get my school paid for.... my 2cents

edit : btw in 22 y/o

Last edited by Lancerguy'03; Dec 7, 2007 at 05:12 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leggomycraigo
Going to school is the smart thing to do. One thing you could consider is going to a local community college for 2 years and then transferring into a school of your choice. It may be cheap enough and flexible enough for you to keep your car. I did not do this but I do know many people who did and in the end they still got their degrees from a good school.
Check with the major university you want to go to before you go this route. Many time community colleges will claim credits will transfer, but they really wont. I know Purdue's engineering department screwed over a lot of my friends with that.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lowell787
Definitely make the college choice. The loss of the car can be made up for with the 18yr old girlfriends. In the right position, you'll forget all about it. Make sure you're going to school not only for something you enjoy, but also something that has some decent job prospects. The film industry is not exactly growing at a phenomenal rate, nor is it a guarantee you'll get a decent job. You don't want to invest 4 yrs and still be in a dead end job.
i agree on the transfering from community college... thats what i did and I saved a bunch of money. Just make sure that film and production is what you want... i changed my major 4 times and still not too happy with what i settled with because it is difficult to get jobs. My advice would be to talk to as many people as you can to help guide you. I think you are making the right choice by going back though so best of luck.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go get your degree.. It'll be worth more of an achievement that getting a car. Get a good jobs and who knows maybe later down the line you'll be driving a porcshe. lol
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go to school and get your Diploma.

A car is just a car, an education you will have for the rest of your life.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

I did the exact opposite of what original poster has done. Went to college for 5 years. 4 year degree as advertised is bull unless you go max hours every semester including summer/winter breaks. Anyhow, graduating next week (BS Construction Management) and now im on the hunt for a good job which actually turned out to be a hard thing to do. But I wish to own a ix in the near future.

Go to school bro, Ive seen all my friends that dropped out, get the 30-35k a year jobs and they have plateaued with their income. Granted Im one of the few that still live at home, I feel I made the right decision. I hope you do the same man.

Good Luck!!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

if you can make that decision at 20, u are already a smart kid.... go get that degree now.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
if you can make that decision at 20, u are already a smart kid.... go get that degree now.
i agree
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:08 AM

Do what is best for you man. School will pay off in the long run and you will be able to get another evo
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for your input. You all are just reinforcing my decision. I'm going to start looking through colleges tonight using my login for collegeboard.com. It still works from high school lol.

Another thing I'm still trying to figure out is what kind of car im going to get to replace the evo. I still owe around 18k on the car so whatever I sell it for over that I would put towards the new car. Whatever that might be.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

well its good to hear that you've figured out what to do, with that being said do you know how much you'll be selling the evo for?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Get a civic for gas mileage purposes. School and future is more important than any car.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

XtoEvolution, hey man, everyone here is right. Get your college Ed. first, then go after the Evo. I had to do a similar thing when I bought my house, I got rid of the 9 and bought something more practical and a little cheaper... But i'm gonna warn you, I haven't had an Evo in like a year, but all I do is think about when I'll be getting another one... this sh*t is in my DNA now, you'll probably be the same way... you'll get up in the morning and get on EvoM and see all the posts and be like "f***! why did I get rid of my Evo!" But remember, once you finish school, you'll be able to pick one up for like $20K!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:09 AM

School first

Quick Reply: Might sell my Evo :(