Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might sell my Evo :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suck it up man, rub some dirt on it and pay your dues. I have had my evo for three years now and I can't tell you how many times it go to the point where I almost sold it, but I kept telling my self to be a man and suck it up.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

you dont have to go to college full time man, just chipp away at it. Im 20, work full time, take a few classes here and there. There are actually alot of jobs out there that can be had without a degree. I will be starting with a gov. contracted company making 17 dollars per hour with no degree, working in the IT dept. The job requires a security clearance, and with that clearance and 3 years in the field my possibilites are endless, even without a degree. DONT SELL THE EVO! This car is amazing and once you have one it will never be the same without it.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 02:25 PM

dude, decide for yourself and do what you have to do. I wasn't going to post in this forum until I read you were looking into Film. I am 20 years old and a senior Film student. So far the field can be very very rough to get a job in, I also have a degree in video which i would highly suggest, with things like the redcam coming out Film is still a passion but slowly but surly dying. It not a bad field tho, I get great side money right now doing wedding video's, if I got popular enough and was able to fill every other weekend with a wedding it would easiely pay my bills and then some. but I am not graduated yet or anything there is just alot of word its a tough industry. More of a hit or miss. I am having financial issues and my evo is for sale on this exact site, decide what you want to do, Its sad but for me I just need something cheaper for now. good luck

Last edited by MaxxPwr; Dec 8, 2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont let a car control your life...
i wasin the same situation, but i recently got a new job where im making really good money, and my job will fully pay for my college education. so i lucked out

just remember, its only a car....
Old Dec 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Get on your knees and beg your parents to let you keep the Evo ;-). Seriously now, education always comes first. You can always buy a second hand Evo after you're done paying your student loans
Old Dec 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

i sold mine, now i want it back
Old Dec 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
sk8

I wouldn't trade my time spent at college for anything.

college poon
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

College is easily more important than a car. Get a Subaru for a college car. Still fun but much more reliable.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pbirdman21
it a ***** but its possible, i work 35 hrs a week and school full time for engineering....just be ready for close to no social life
the truth.. but i got use to it.. in in the same boat as your probably.. im about to look for a better paying job though...

but its like this... i had an evo for 8 months... work and school... same as now... someone totaled it.. i got another... its really not that bad as long as your job is flexible
Old Dec 9, 2007, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

ride a push bike and get an education.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Get an extra college loan from the bank which can cover your car and insurance. Once you graduate you pay that off, interest starting 6 month after your done with school.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lowell787
Definitely make the college choice. The loss of the car can be made up for with the 18yr old girlfriends. In the right position, you'll forget all about it. Make sure you're going to school not only for something you enjoy, but also something that has some decent job prospects. The film industry is not exactly growing at a phenomenal rate, nor is it a guarantee you'll get a decent job. You don't want to invest 4 yrs and still be in a dead end job.
18 yr old gf's prolly cost more than an evo
Old Dec 9, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think you are making a right choice... Go to college, and get ur degree.. Make sure you fill up FAFSA, look for scholarships, because school is expensive...
It's my third year at university, and I just bought an Evo and I pay for my school, with a security job that is paying like a crap... Most of my money for school comes from scholarhips and Financial aid, if nothing else, than get an Loan, and pay it off when you are done with school...
Old Dec 9, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richevo26
save money and put it away to pay for the evo while ur at school...thats what i do with my 06 ix...i work my *** off over the summer and give my parents money that will cover the car while im not working and at school and then when i come home i work some more....its actually not to bad either....i am def.... gonna get my degree but i sure as hell aint gettin rid of my pride and joy
I agree. Park the car, take the insurance off and just keep making payments on it. I'm sure it wont be too bad. If you are really motivated this will just add to your motivation.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Emperor 4g63
Get an extra college loan from the bank which can cover your car and insurance. Once you graduate you pay that off, interest starting 6 month after your done with school.
That's a terrible idea. Avoid debt as much as possible. You don't want to graduate and already be in a hole.

Quick Reply: Might sell my Evo :(