Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fluterring

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fluterring

so i just put on my injen intake w/uicp two days ago. i have a recirc with a blitz bov. today while i was driving i noticed if i got into boost, when i wud shift i wud hear a flutter, but my bov wud still go off normally...cud this be a boost leak?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Probly not, most BOVs flutter when they are tight, its pretty normal.... as long as it does not flutter when you hit the gas again real fast your not getting compressor surge. If it flutters under full boost you may need to turn adjust the valve (if you can)
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KillaItalian904
Probly not, most BOVs flutter when they are tight, its pretty normal.... as long as it does not flutter when you hit the gas again real fast your not getting compressor surge. If it flutters under full boost you may need to turn adjust the valve (if you can)
Yea and make sure your BOV is on the right way not backwards. Does it flutter when trying to build boost, if so, thats compressor surge as he mentioned but at regular boost above 3k rpms it should be fine
Old Dec 10, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

its like, when im buidling boost. i cud be at 5 lbs or 15...it still flutters when i shift. and ik we hooked everything up right. but i guess ill recheck.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

yeah Im having the same issue right now. i just installed a maf adaptor and an injen cone filter. flutters under partial throttle but if i go past around 3000rpm it goes away.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your bov could be installed backwards or the Blitz bov could be like the old style Forge recir bov. That one was terrible with half-throttle fluttering. My wife and I used to call it the "raptor sound". It was terrible on the track as well... it shook my whole car and even my passengers thought something was wrong with the car.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same problem too, and i am sure i installed the blitz bov right, is the fluttering sound bad for the turbo??
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

i had the same problem but mine was that the diaphragm was broken and the car so was only boosting about 15 psi. Is ur boost ok? do u have a boost gauge.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i have a boost gauge, and it boosts fine. When i hit my gas and boost up to like 19~20psi, the bov sounds all right very unique sound. I don't know if you realized that blitz DD bov has 3 different kind of sounds...lol , cuz when i am on low psi like 0~5, it has the flutter sound. When i am on like 10~15psi, it sounds like "kuu-tsss" (sorry about typing stuff like this, lol, don't know how to explain it better than just try to spell it out). 15 psi and up is like "kuu" ...maybe i'll try to shoot a video or something.....i am sure i installed it right cuz i have the recirculation kit and i placed it exactly like the stock bov
Old Apr 17, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

same thing happend with me with my samco recicrulating BOV....i took that right out and put the stocker back in...runs great now
Old Apr 17, 2008, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tnhockey
so i just put on my injen intake w/uicp two days ago. i have a recirc with a blitz bov. today while i was driving i noticed if i got into boost, when i wud shift i wud hear a flutter, but my bov wud still go off normally...cud this be a boost leak?
Just loosen the BOV spring
Old Apr 17, 2008, 02:14 PM

i also had the same problem with half throttle fluttering, i put the stock one back on and drives way better.