Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official EVO Insurance Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
just got new insurance after moving to Kansas.

I'm 24 and pay $675 for 6 Months on the Evo, full coverage and $1,000 deductible through Allstate
WTF...why does everyone on here have insanely low insurance rates? Am I missing something?

I just got a quote from AAA on a 2012 MR with PA state minimums & Limited-Tort $3,800/yr. $500 deductible.

is there something I am not asking for that I need/do not need which would lower my cost?
Old May 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by CU125
WTF...why does everyone on here have insanely low insurance rates? Am I missing something?

I just got a quote from AAA on a 2012 MR with PA state minimums & Limited-Tort $3,800/yr. $500 deductible.

is there something I am not asking for that I need/do not need which would lower my cost?
Philadelphia is just really that expensive. I even quoted myself with a few companies but as if I were in Philadelphia (easy when you work in insurance), and the rates were a lot like what you've been seeing.

Random question -- do you have state minimums now with your current company? And how long have you been with them? Those are things that can have a pretty noticeable effect on your rates.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well I should clarify - I have a company truck as my daily, so this car is a "pleasure car" as the agent put it. I think that helps with the rates since you're not driving it everyday...? Because of my work truck, I also didn't get the rental stuff in the insurance policy
Old May 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How old are you, any violations, credit rating, etc? Need more factors
Old May 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
How old are you, any violations, credit rating, etc? Need more factors
26, no violations or accidents, 730 FICO, I have an MBA, single, work in financing but switching to internet marketing sales.

I have lived in Philly for two years and the entire time I did not have a car, so I have had a lapse in insurance for about 18 months. When I last had insurance I was under my parents name because I was still in school.

I am getting a car for work because I will need it to drive around, plus I have always been a car enthusiast and loved the evo.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Philadelphia is just really that expensive. I even quoted myself with a few companies but as if I were in Philadelphia (easy when you work in insurance), and the rates were a lot like what you've been seeing.

Random question -- do you have state minimums now with your current company? And how long have you been with them? Those are things that can have a pretty noticeable effect on your rates.
I have lived in Philly for two years and the entire time I did not have a car, so I have had a lapse in insurance for about 18 months. When I last had insurance I was under my parents name because I was still in school.

So far I have called Esurance, AAA, & Travelers...AAA says they compare with other companies also.

Is there anyway I can use my parents address in Scranton, PA for a lower rate? What would I have to do?
Old May 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

26, no violations or accidents, 730 FICO, I have an MBA, single, work in financing but switching to internet marketing sales.

I am getting a car for work because I will need it to drive around, plus I have always been a car enthusiast and loved the evo.
Damn so it's probably just your location. Do you have an address outside of Philly you can register as the car's primary location?
Old May 11, 2012, 08:11 PM

Not an evo owner but just got quoted at 123 a month for full coverage, Im married though. Ill be picking up an evo when I get back from afghanistan
Old May 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Damn so it's probably just your location. Do you have an address outside of Philly you can register as the car's primary location?
I can use my parents address in Scranton, PA but what would I have to do in order to have that work out? Just switch my address on my PA license? Or what? Let me know if you have any idea. Thanks.
Old May 14, 2012, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your agent should be able to change that. I had mine put my parents address back in Texas when I first moved up to Kansas
Old May 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

I can use my parents address in Scranton, PA but what would I have to do in order to have that work out? Just switch my address on my PA license? Or what? Let me know if you have any idea. Thanks.
Just put your primary location of your vehicle as your parent's address when you get your quote.. of course, this is kind of a grey area thing if it's actually going to be in Philly most of the time
Old May 14, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Just put your primary location of your vehicle as your parent's address when you get your quote.. of course, this is kind of a grey area thing if it's actually going to be in Philly most of the time
So when I purchase the vehicle would I have to list my address as Scranton, PA then when I go get insurance tell them Scranton, PA?

Also, would I have to list as daily driver or pleasure?
Old May 23, 2012, 12:20 AM

2008 Evo X MR. Philadelphia, PA $107 a month State Farm full coverage $1,000 deductible. 35yrs old, good driving record.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:21 AM

2008 Evo X MR. Philadelphia, PA $107 a month State Farm full coverage $1,000 deductible. Age 35, good driving record.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:34 AM

Just got quoted $270 a month with USAA im 19 and dont have a "perfect" driving record

Quick Reply: Official EVO Insurance Thread