Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

auto power cage =

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK Dude, I'm not internet arguing with you. If you think it's a good idea to rock a cage in a street car go for it. I personally would not have anything more than a roll bar in a DD. There is a reason once most people fully cage their car they don't drive them on the street.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like a plan to me...
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
with or without ? wich one you would pick?

I just try to say it is not true you will be safer without it if you dont have a helmet.

And we can go it on on and on...
most of them dont drive it on street,yes because most likely they car is not street legal and comfortable for dd. anymore... or too expensive to get into accident with one mom with a SUV..

Last edited by Robevo RS; Dec 17, 2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

please send ur wifes email addy so she can see this.

lol i keed i keed mmmm
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=roll+cage

This thread has alot of good info pertaining to cages and their safety on the street.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I should never of said anything
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

I think the only way to get the truth is if the ntsa or whomever the sactioning body of record is on crash testing were to crash test a bone stock vehicle vs a vehicle with a cage, fixed back racing seat AND five point harness.

I agree that having the cage will result in more force being imparted to the drivers body, and if you were wearing a stock seat belt with a stock seat, I think you would sustain more injuries as a result. But, i also think that if you were in a caged vehicle with a proper seat AND harness, even without a helmet, you would have a better chance of walking away from a serious accident than in a stock vehicle.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

The bigger arguement seems to be about Helmets and a Cage being used together...

I've racked my skull on a cage a few times... Yeah, they hit pretty hard, but not nearly as hard as the roof wedging your head between the headrest and the roof...

I've run a completely tube chassis vehicle many times on the street and off-road... I do feel safer in it than my tin-can lancer... I've barrel rolled my rock-rig 3x (most people do not understand how many times to count in a roll, 3 being the amount of times the wheels came back to the earth...) without a helmet and every body panel was smashed in until the cage stopped it from going further...

That being said, please use a helmet anytime you are doing competive or high speed motorsports... And properly mounted Racing Harnesses and Seats are key... They need to be mounted to the cage, not the sheetmetal outerstructure...

And forget about those harness bars, those are just a back problem waiting to happen... If the floorboards buckle and the seat moves towards the roof at all, you are looking at a compressed spine... Enjoy that for the rest of your life...