Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Evo haters"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Evo haters"

Hello everyone

In January it will be one year that I am a very happy owner of a 2006 Evo 9 SE.
It is (for me) the best car I ever drove in my life. It is stock and will stay stock. I am now almost 31 years old and not single anymore so any money I had to spend on the car is just plain and simple going into things we need for our living expenses like new furniture, TV, bed, matress,... we just got for a new apartment. I also have to say that I never experienced a situation where I would have missed additional speed or power. For me the car is fast enough as it is. It is just a daily driver to work. I do not do track days and things like that. ( I wish I could ).
Now. (Sorry for that long introduction but it is just my second post). The reason I write is the strange behavior I see in other drivers since I got the car.
First, after a few days of owning it both front doors were scratched by someone with a key. Who does that? Since then many people just act like *******s. I am a nice driver, I do not cut anybody off and as often as I can I let other drivers cut in or out of driveways where they would be waiting forever.
I had people honking at me while passing them (at reasonable speeds), one driver (in a mini van) even went that far to open his window and give me the finger while passing him (and I was not tailgating him before that). Muscle car drivers give me thumbs down out of there windows, BMW drivers (mostly younger people in M3's) give me the finger head on in there windshield. What's going on? I am lost.
Then there are other things that are just funny like people revving their engines when they see me (even sports bikes) or trying to race at red lights. Well - this is all fun, but whats with the hate? Do you guys experience similar things on a daily basis? Do I have to be 18 to understand it and I am just getting too old? haha .

have a good week everyone and be safe out there.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Trust me-it's not you. I get it all the time too. I am turning 30 next year, and I still love to mod my car like I did when I was 18. However, some people are just ridiculous when they pull up next to me.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
for those muscle car driver who give you the thumbs down and the M3 driver ect,,,,

get around 460 out the wheels, and youll be pulling truck lenghts on them and then you smile at them and say ,,,, seee yaaaa !

i know what you mean,,,, i get those every day ,,,, but my car is not stock so i can give them a good race and then say to them its a 4 cyl, ohhh and what you got 8 pistons, and then you say to your self sorry ***
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:09 PM

If I didn't read your whole post I'd guess something with your driving style was pissing these people off. If you're actually being a good neighbor then it sounds like you drive in a really angry and jealous area.

Here in Detroit there are some rednecks that hate on anything not "amer-uh-kkkan", and I've maybe once gotten hassled in my MINI or Miata, and I've never heard my roommate get hassled in his Evo. When we're hanging out on Woodward we get major props from old school muscle car owners, seriously.

The only thing I can think of is there are people out there that are major jealous of a good performance car that has fantastic handling and confident driving dynamics. Snot-nosed //M3 owners that had their rich daddy buy them? They're not a threat to you. Sorry to hear about being keyed; think about parking in less vulnerable places without making it look too obvious.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i got a frien whos in his early 50s and he owns an evo 8 with 465 AWHP, and its funny because he is waxing lambrigunis, and all them muscle cars on the streets once they get to see you around a couple times they will respect you.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, muscle cars. my co-worker once said to me, "you only have 4 cylinders, i have 8." yeah, and he's only running 13's. (chevelle) then he said, look, i need 2 of these (head gaskets) and you only have 1. i replied, yeah, 4 extra cylinders and you can't catch up to me. (speechless)
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly, I'm at the point where I really want as*holes in civics to come up next to me and try to race...or any car for that matter. I thought i'd be getting attention out the *** when I bought my Evo, but most people I talk to have no idea what it is. When they see it they ask me, "Is that a Subaru?" I just tell them yes, because i get so tired of having to explain "l-a-n-c-e-r e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n" to them and then have them barely be able to pronounce the word "Mitsubishi." People are so dumb. The boredom from driving around ignorant geriatrics and soccer moms in Pittsburgh all day makes me beg for the ricer that actually recognizes that I have a performance car and wants to race.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

^+1
People ask me what car is that and then ask me why i spent all that money on that big brake kit and spoiler im like "WTF" this is how the car comes half of them don't know it's 4wd either.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see that you are relatively new to the site. But these are common occurences with an evo. Be glad you are not modded. That tends to bring the worst out of other drivers for some reason
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:32 PM

lol i live close to the high school so i always get the jocks in their mustangs revvin at me i just ignore them cause its a waste of gas i just laugh and rev back and when they hear my bov they are like wtf? hahahah once i was at a light and i did that and a cop rolled up behind him and the dumbass burned out and took off once the light turned green(kind of late not alot of peeps on road) and the jackass got pulled right over-HILARIOUS being that i just rolled on by...cop didnt even think twice about me
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

First week I got my car I noticed it got alot of attention. Now I dont ever get attention. I dont care particularly either way.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car got egged in front of my parents house after owning the car for about 4 months.They had to of stopped and gotten out of their car to egg my car.There was egg all over the passenger side of the car.Its probably some jagoff who just wishes they could have an evo.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually got more looks/compliments/attention from my '95 3000GT SL than I do my Evo.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

they're all haters because the evo is just superior to every other car on the road!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:50 PM

I was driving in old town pasadena once when some douche in a chrysler 300 rolls down his window (he was with his girl or something) and asks me with a smirk on his face why on god's earth I fixed up a 1982 accord sedan and put such a big "spoiler" on it

Quick Reply: "Evo haters"