Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Windshield Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the stupid kids in my neighbor hood break my rear glass, I got a quote and when they came to install it and it would not fit they brought regular Lancer glass. I had to wait three days it is a dealer only item. I would really check on the fitment and the specifics before I put anything other than the direct replacement in due to how our Evo's ride and all other aspects. I know I will only get the Evo windshield hey it is free in Florida and it does not effect rates you are paying for it anyway in your insurance payments. How did it happen Joe?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just called 2 different mitsubishi dealers and they said the evo windsheild and the regular lancer windshield had the same partner. Other people in this thread said they were different curvatures..... so whats the final answer, different or same?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Either one will work but the EVO glass has a different dot pattern and mirror mount. If insurance is covering it get the EVO glass. If not get the $200 lancer glass.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kirbyryu
I had the stupid kids in my neighbor hood break my rear glass, I got a quote and when they came to install it and it would not fit they brought regular Lancer glass. I had to wait three days it is a dealer only item. I would really check on the fitment and the specifics before I put anything other than the direct replacement in due to how our Evo's ride and all other aspects. I know I will only get the Evo windshield hey it is free in Florida and it does not effect rates you are paying for it anyway in your insurance payments. How did it happen Joe?
How did it not fit if the Evo and the Lancer use the same chassis? And how are people using the front windshield without any fitment issues but the rear would cause issues?

Dan
Old Nov 11, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
How did it not fit if the Evo and the Lancer use the same chassis? And how are people using the front windshield without any fitment issues but the rear would cause issues?

Dan
There's a hole for the wiper in the Evo rear glass - no wiper on the lancer.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
it will work but your insurance should cover that.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 01:23 PM

It does fit