Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

<rant> Getting my car back.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, lots of great posts here. I agree with them all. Like someone else said, if you don't want it I'll take it, I'm driving a wannabe lancer...haha.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boostfiend
it does get good gas mileage...and no one would ever think or care to steal it.
We're talking about an Evo, right? Or did you mean while it had no engine it got good gas mileage? You do realize it is one of the most stolen vehicles, right?

Most of your customer service experience is dictated by the dealer. As far as your list of preferred cars, the law of averages says you'll be sorely disappointed by some of those manufacturers you listed from a reliability standpoint (hint: Audi, BMW, MB).
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

what are the problems with ure car? did u abuse it? And ure luck to get it as a gift
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Problems:

-Clutch went out @ 8k and not due to driver error as I hadn't launched the car, tracked it, and have had numerous cars in manual (Audi S4, M3, STi, etc.) Admittedly Mitsubishi said it was the weak part of the car. Fine I purchased another one as they said it was a wearable part and not covered under warranty. In fact they mentioned that it used to be covered but due to harsh abuse of previous owners they discontinued it after the 03's.

-My fuse box caught a small fire and melted one fuse and burned over to two others.

-Transfer case failed on the highway and I had to have it towed, they also found that the power steering fluid was leaking.

-intake manifold hose popping off, boost leaks, and bad spark plugs @ 16k which is unheard of to me.

-and lastly the problem I'm waiting to have repaired is a blown motor (of which I hadn't heard the reason as to why).

I don't mind the numerous service intervals because hey, that's just Evo's and at least it's not as bad as the FQ-400's that someone I know owns in the UK.

For all of those who are saying I should go get a benz, I'm a punk kid, etc yada yada that's fine I can accept others opinions. In fact upon graduating that's exactly what I want to buy, a C63 AMG and leave room for a real sportscar. It's not that the evo is not for me but you must understand my frustration because of all the problems with it. I'm pretty technically inclined when it comes to cars, so I appreciate the Evo for what it is, however unlike most on this board it's not my life. As in no I don't live for my Evo, it's not my best friend, it's not my world, nor will any car ever be. It's a fun vehicle at times and that's what it is, not being arrogant or anything but nothing materialistic is my world. So I might come off as offending you but the only thing I care for enough to cherish and die for are family and friends, for some of you its cars and I can respect that as well.

Kind of like if you were sleeping with a hot girl who complained a lot. To everyone else she's hot and desirable in bed, to you she's just a pain in your a** and you'd like to rid yourself of her as soon as possible. Then again she's good in bed so you keep her around until you find the next best thing.

Last edited by Boostfiend; Jan 5, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mcwop23
reasons B and C are wildly incorrect
Compared to the other cars I've owned, it gets good gas mileage. I rarely beat on the car nor do I stay in boost. In addition hardly any of my friends prefer my car over there's, I'd most definitely steal their cars before I would mine.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
if you paid for your car rather than gotten it as a gift you would appreciate it a hell of a lot more. I worked my *** off for all cars ive had...come to think of it ANYTHING i have. Learn to appreciate stuff man.
This is just in my defense, I appreciate a lot of things. Family friends and being helped through school. IF I were as spoiled as most claimed I would have been very pissed after Christmas because the only thing I got was a piece of paper wrapped in a box that said, we're paying for your college tuition ENJOY!

I thought it was hysterical, true, and I appreciate that much. I did get a few gifts from my friends and ex-g/f but nothing materialistically big from my parents, aunts, uncles, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:01 PM

The new C63 will be more than 80k consider that many AMG models are around that price and MORE beside the SLK. That's more than double the 9. If I were given a free car like that, I would cherish it. But whatever floats your boat. I'll buy the car. ^_^
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

The new C63 will be nowhere near $80k. $63k base and as much as $74k loaded, with that much said I'm not exactly sure if I'll be keeping the Evo to accompany the C63 or not. The C63 will be a bill that I have to foot, but shouldn't be much of a problem. I've calculated it all with rent, car, insurance, and current salary offers out of school.

Oh, and to Silver06evo9mr its you're retarded. In your sentence you are implying that my name is retarded which could totally be possible, but would negate the implication of me not bearing as much intelligence as most people my age.

Last edited by Boostfiend; Jan 5, 2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

earn something yourself or forever live your existence as a useless third leg of your mother/father. You may never be a man otherwise.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by incandescent
earn something yourself or forever live your existence as a useless third leg of your mother/father. You may never be a man otherwise.
I am, it's called two bachelor's, a masters, and a career. I don't sit in my basement, spike my hair, and go guido myself out on the weekends; I actually have goals, accomplishments, and dreams.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

SOOO SORRY YOU ARE (you're) retarded, as in you say you dont care or like your car anymore, you dont have the love for it that most people on here do, and you dont want it anymore. THEN WHY ARE YOU ONLINE TALKING ABOUT IT AND MAKING A THREAD ABOUT IT. Do yourself and all of us a favor. sign off evom, delete your account, sell your evo, and keep catching rides with your ex-gf (who appartently was the smart one in leaving you). my rant OVER
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think I've ever said I caught rides with my ex-gf, only that her service at Lexus was on par.

So not only do you have a spelling problem, but you also failed to learn reading comprehension in elementary school. The problem with you is you're taking it personally and not for what it is: A rant. I've openly said that my problems are causing me to dislike the car, I respect that you like it and it's your pride and joy.

To sell the car would be a slap in the face of the people who put their blood, sweat, and tears into getting where they are to have the ability to purchase such a car. My parents paid for the previous cars (audi, bmw, subaru, etc), someone stole the last one and my Aunt and Uncle thought it'd be a good idea to get this one as a surprise. That's one of the BIGGEST reasons for me not selling it.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

nevermind....
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:31 PM

wow rad thread. To all the posters who say OP's opinion is due to the fact that he was given and didn't have to pay for the car, go home and cry to your mom/dad/SO that you think someone on the eefo board is spoiled. Regardless of how he came into posession of the car, those problems at that mileage are bull****. AFA the lemon issue is concerned,
"its called a lemon btw retard happens to the best companies...."
well if it happens to the "best companies" I have no doubt Mitsu is ****ting out tons of them
At the end of the day it's just a brand new dsm.......
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

It's ok Silver, all the VP 113 must be affecting your brain cells.

No love loss, I'm glad your Evo is treating you well and hopefully it'll continue to do so.