Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

<rant> Getting my car back.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<rant> Getting my car back.

Well hopefully next week I'll be getting my car back after numerous amounts of problems, not having a car for two months, having to borrow my friend's/family's cars, and not even being offered a loaner. In all honesty I don't even want the piece of sh*t back, it's on 06 Evo IX MR but I have no love for it anymore.

As much as I've tried to defend it as being a nice looking car, worth the price, yada yada I've come to the realization that it's really not. The interior sucks, the exterior sucks, and the only reason I'm even THINKING of keeping it is because A.) It was a gift B.) it does get good gas mileage, has a good awd system, shifts smooth and C.) it'll have a brand new engine w/ zero miles and no one would ever think or care to steal it.

With that much said I will NEVER EVER EVER EVAR!!!! Purchase cars from low-tier non-luxury companies such as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, so on and so forth (with the exception of Subaru). Mainly because their customer service blows and the only good companies that I've found to meet all of my needs have been MB (dad's car), Porsche (cousins 996TT and GT2) BMW, Audi, Subaru, and Lexus (my ex-g/f's car).

yes I'm bitter and that is all... </rant>

Last edited by Boostfiend; Jan 5, 2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:26 PM

You never hear much about Honda or Toyota having bad customer service. BTW...Lexus is Toyota. Also, if your having so many problems maybe you should look into the the Lemon Law
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Well hopefully next week I'll be getting my car back after numerous amounts of problems
What kinds of problems? Engine, tranny, clutch, electrical?

Also, if it is repairs being done under warranty, you should be eligible for a rental car at manufacturer's expense.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got the EVO as a gift?? It sounds like despite your problems an EVO is'nt for you. Go get a Benz.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
You got the EVO as a gift?? It sounds like despite your problems an EVO is'nt for you. Go get a Benz.
Agreed +1 ^^^

I work for Honda and Toyota and drive a Mitsubishi. Don't know where you heard anything negitive about the first two....

Last edited by groove304; Jan 5, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

ill take it off your hands for you...
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Hmmm, good rant. But IMO it just sounds like we have another case of a spoiled brat getting an evo for free from mom and dad and not appreciating it. Perhaps you thought that because the evo is classified as a performance car, it would live up to the reputation of BMW's or Porsche's? We all know the evo isn't the best built performance car as far as quality is concerned, but I think the majority of evo owners still love the car for what it is. I know I do....but then again, I'm paying for the car myself. I'll agree with you on Mitsu service but only because of the many stories I've heard.

No matter the manufacturer, I think you're going to have that select few that have a bad experience and it looks like you're one of them. Coming onto an Evo enthusiast forum and bashing the car doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose that's the point of a "rant". I hope you sell the car when you get it back and give it to someone that will appreciate it.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

LOL I payed for my evo. This kid clearly didnt and hes talkin **** about the evo like its nothing. I work my *** off for mine. I also never made it through high school so I have no idea what your talkin about!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

haha fair enough
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Hey OP First before you talk all this crap explain whats up with your ride and how this all started.Everybody here thinks your just a punk kid who beat the crap out of a mommy and daddy sponsored car.We all know before we by these cars what they are and what they arent so dont act like the cars a piece of crap now.Its a 15k dollar car with 20k worth of performance and R&D thrown on it.If you happened to get a "lemon" then follow the proper procedures to getting the car replaced,but if you beat the crap out of the car and dont take care of it then you will end up seeing the same results from any german made vehicle and it could cost twice as much.Im not flaming you just explain your situation so we are all on the same page.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

if you paid for your car rather than gotten it as a gift you would appreciate it a hell of a lot more. I worked my *** off for all cars ive had...come to think of it ANYTHING i have. Learn to appreciate stuff man.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
reasons B and C are wildly incorrect
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

i used to have a gti i hooked up and beat the crap outta and thought the thing was a pieace of ****. so i sold it. i promised myself i would take it easy on the evo and i did, ive owned this vehicle for 0-20k miles and the only problems ive had was bald tires and a bad oil pressure sensor. as far as that the thing has been great. i drive it normally on the weekdays and the weekend i beat it up. so i dont understand how this thing is not lasting. 2 options ether its a lemon, or you beat the **** outta it. u tell us the symptons of the car and we'll let u know.

as far as the interior , that was the last thing on their mind when they built this car. the exterior is hot. the big wing i think is the only thing that makes the evo not appeal to many crowds.

in my honest opinion im going to have to agree that your just a spoiled ***** that got a fantastic sports car and dont like it cuz its not a bmw or porcsh. stop beating the car up and it will last. its like a famous quote, '' All things must be taken care of, Because nothing last forever.''
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

if i got an Evo as a gift ,**** i wouln't aven complain if it didnt came with an engine.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
With that much said I will NEVER EVER EVER EVAR!!!! Purchase cars from a low-tier non-luxury companies such as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, so on and so forth (with the exception of Subaru).
You won't have to if everyone else buys your cars for you Honestly, I don't see what your complaint is. You got a $37K car for FREE and your having major repairs done for FREE all while you sit here complaining like a spoiled brat.

Please....get rid of your car, sign off the forum, and have someone buy you a BMW. You seem like you would fit in alot better on those forums.