Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I had to return my evo :/

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
^^

well i had a job since 15, im paying for my car, gas, and my insurance. my parents are only covering my down payment n **** and maby a month or 2 of the car. but ive been saving 100% of my paycheck since 15 so i can pay cash for most of the car.
yea see my deal was i already had a car and i would have to cover the difference in the monthly payments, the gas, the insurance any mods i did, and any repairs that had to be made
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Again that argument is useless and does not in any way contribute to why a young person should have an evo as their first car. My parents could easily have afforded to buy me a better car but they chose not to.
its not my first car though
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
What dealer lets you take a car home and than comes to your house to do the paperwork?
like someone posted before. i think they were tryin to get me attached to it so that when they changed the price i wouldnt be able to say no
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Skywarp
How hard have you looked? I looked on one local Dealer's site and found a few. There out there.
ive called every dealer within 100 miles
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
BAD stories with autosmart.
I know for a fact they sold two different cars in different occassions where the pistons were either cracked or the rings were bad,
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ight=autosmart
sti sold to autosmart- they add ring sealers and JUNK and sell it for twice what they bought it for.

here's more from a guy who worked there:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ght=auto+smart

NOT A GOOD DEALERSHIP!
thanks a lot. ill be sure to stay clear of there
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by RedLanEVO
well, i said it like that because you can do one thing in an evo such as speed and can also do it in a different car. driving an evo doesnt make you able to do things that you cant in another car.....its no different...so if you follow what im saying, according to the so called moderator, its just like saying they dont deserve a car at all for their age based on statistics and whatnot and all that crap.
Here's the problem, the evo is substantially faster than most cars on the road and because of how it is made, it allows an individual to drive in a fashion that is well beyond their abilities before it gives up. This means when it does go, it's big. As a clear example, there was a recent thread where an individual damaged their car because they went way too fast into a corner (he said 80 mph). His defense, he's done it before. This is why I strongly think it is better to start with a lower power, lower limit car where you can understand your capabilities and learn how to simply drive before you start to learn how to drive fast. You wouldn't start teaching a kid math by throwing calculus at them just as you shouldn't teach someone how to drive properly by throwing a car like an evo or an STI at them. It is just poor parenting IMO.
As for the rest, first, cut it with the attitude, if you have a problem with this board you are welcome to go elsewhere (as I'm sure I told you before). Second, no one on earth deserves a car. A car is not a right, it is a privilege. Third, you are welcome to find the statistics and even argue with the statistics but considering the stats are older than you and collected by people probably smarter than you, I doubt you'll win.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

what are you trying to win? you play this game everyday dude. bottom line is u need to quit this **** and be a moderator like you are supposed to be. and not rip off your head to prove your point.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

i dont know what you are trying to win but i am just here to argue with you NOW, since you started an argument with me. damn, its like you cant stay still or something. you are what should be called immaturity.

so ok you win and this is over. you are officially retarded for winning this argument.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm not trying to win anything, this is how people discuss things on here (ie. without name calling, each side saying what they want, etc). In this case I was responding to the quoted text and another post of yours in order to better explain what I meant when I said no one deserves a car.
If you don't want to see people disagree with you, stop looking at this thread, it's that simple. I'm not freaking out or ripping my head off, I'm just providing some points. I don't think it's stated anywhere that a moderator can't have an opinion.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Here's the problem, the evo is substantially faster than most cars on the road and because of how it is made, it allows an individual to drive in a fashion that is well beyond their abilities before it gives up. This means when it does go, it's big. As a clear example, there was a recent thread where an individual damaged their car because they went way too fast into a corner (he said 80 mph). His defense, he's done it before. This is why I strongly think it is better to start with a lower power, lower limit car where you can understand your capabilities and learn how to simply drive before you start to learn how to drive fast. You wouldn't start teaching a kid math by throwing calculus at them just as you shouldn't teach someone how to drive properly by throwing a car like an evo or an STI at them. It is just poor parenting IMO.
As for the rest, first, cut it with the attitude, if you have a problem with this board you are welcome to go elsewhere (as I'm sure I told you before). Second, no one on earth deserves a car. A car is not a right, it is a privilege. Third, you are welcome to find the statistics and even argue with the statistics but considering the stats are older than you and collected by people probably smarter than you, I doubt you'll win.
To me, the evo is just another car. I could drive my wife's s80 twin turbo or my civic just as retarded as I could in the evo. It's not as great as everyone makes it to be. If a 16-18 year old were to get a ferrari or lambo for a first car, then he really might act a fool. But the evo is just another car that I would trade in for the next best thing.

I would agree that no one deserves a car. A car is more appreciated and better taken care of when the person driving it has to pay the payment, insurance, maintenance, etc. If my parents were going to purchase my first car for me, I wouldn't turn that opportunity down though.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

can everyone please jsut shut up....u have ppl arguin about who bought the kid the car....leave the kid alone...he has good parents and says he pays for the car...he prolly works more then half of the losers on here....who cares who bought it and wat happend the kid told u guys his story and u all start fights with him and say he shouldnt have an evo....an evo is not a gold plated race car neone can have one....its a mitsubishi....im in love with the car and build them everyday but who cars what it is....in every aspect its a "car"!...everyone grow up and stop calling the kid imature wen u guys r the imature ones fighting with him!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

just leave the kid alone, he must work like me i got my evo at 17 i pay for all monthly expenses, all my parents did was co-sign thats all about it. i've owned my car for about a year now!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah this is NONSENSE!
let us rather talk about the SUPER SHADY dealership he almost bought the car from!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

ambystom01 and MalibuJack have to have the most intelligent pots in this thread. (I stopped at page 6)

Quick Reply: I had to return my evo :/