Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I had to return my evo :/

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just grin that someone else is paying for whatever you end up driving.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PURE EVIL 8
theres a brand new evo 9 for sale at libertyville mitsubishi in illinois... come down here and buy it
he is a piece of shiit i had experience with him

2 new cars with raped 80-100 ametures test driven miles and > MSRP
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CRX2EVO
carmax will **** up your paint with rotor burn when they try and detail it
Don't let them detail it.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Corey
Don't let them detail it.
they do it when they get the car

I can't say it's every Carmax but I recently saw a BMW 335i that was burned bad
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Is this your first car? My first car was a $3000 piece of SH^*$^*t. Just be thankful they are buying you anything. Most people work for what they got. So please dont cry on here because you didnt get they evo you wanted that your parents were paying for.

***POINTLESS THREAD****
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dom016
I got an evo ix from a used car lot and they let me drive it home with basically no paperwork and nothing finalized only giving us an initial price and interest rate that we agreed to. the next day i had to bring it back because there were some cosmetic repairs that they were going to make as agreed on. so i was without the car for 6 days. when i went to pick it up there were supposed to have the paperwork there to be signed but in a rather unorganized (yet expected) fashion they did not have it. today they brought the paperwork to my house and my mom was about to sign it but realized the finance rate had gone from 6.8% to 8.9%. and the price of the car had been raised over $1000. that started a big arguement between my parents and the "dealer" and my dad decided i would not get the car and they would just give me back my old car. now im stuck with no options. my parents refuse to buy me a used car now and im not a fan of the X. the aluminum (from what i hear) is no good for modding. theres really no cars out there that are this style anymore... i dont really know what to do.
I wish I had your problems...
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

I pretty sure you can find other low mileage evo VIII and IX's out there. And as far as modding goes, the X might prove to be great car but its too soon to tell. Save your money and buy the car you want and not what your parents let you have. I wish my parents bought me my evo actually I dont. Best of luck
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey you're in philly- was the dealershop autosmart?

if so, BE GLAD YOU DIDN"T GET IT!!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:58 PM

??? There are plenty of brand new Evo 9's and a couple 9MR's....Just go to your local Mitsu dealer that ships national...They'll hook you up....Dont wait to long because they'll be sold out shortly and they'll be inflated to about 40000$ or more...
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Too bad, it was taken away before you could crash it
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
he is a piece of shiit i had experience with him

2 new cars with raped 80-100 ametures test driven miles and > MSRP
who is a piece of ****?... i hope you just really suck at english and you mean THEY.. as in the dealership because i am not affiliated with them and you dont know me
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EJEvo
If your parents are buying your cars, then you shouldn't be driving an Evo.
agreed
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Parents shouldn't be buying Evo's for thier kids anyways. I don't really know how old the OP is, but to be honest, returning the car was probably the best thing. I assume he's young if his parents are buying the car. They probably saved his life.
Parents should, can, and will buy their kids whatever car they please. A buddy of mine took order of his 997 GT3 while in college and paid for by none other than his parents. Nice car, hasn't been in any accidents, and he takes very good care of it.

Just because you or your parents were/are poor doesn't mean other people can't experience nice things. EvoM's "My life sucked, so others lives have to suck" attitude is getting a little old.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dom016
I got an evo ix from a used car lot and they let me drive it home with basically no paperwork and nothing finalized only giving us an initial price and interest rate that we agreed to. the next day i had to bring it back because there were some cosmetic repairs that they were going to make as agreed on. so i was without the car for 6 days. when i went to pick it up there were supposed to have the paperwork there to be signed but in a rather unorganized (yet expected) fashion they did not have it. today they brought the paperwork to my house and my mom was about to sign it but realized the finance rate had gone from 6.8% to 8.9%. and the price of the car had been raised over $1000. that started a big arguement between my parents and the "dealer" and my dad decided i would not get the car and they would just give me back my old car. now im stuck with no options. my parents refuse to buy me a used car now and im not a fan of the X. the aluminum (from what i hear) is no good for modding. theres really no cars out there that are this style anymore... i dont really know what to do.
OMG. Do you work? Buy your own car.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Parents should, can, and will buy their kids whatever car they please. A buddy of mine took order of his 997 GT3 while in college and paid for by none other than his parents. Nice car, hasn't been in any accidents, and he takes very good care of it.

Just because you or your parents were/are poor doesn't mean other people can't experience nice things. EvoM's "My life sucked, so others lives have to suck" attitude is getting a little old.
I agree completely to this. Well said. If you or your panents can afford it, its their family, they can choose to run it however they feel.

Quick Reply: I had to return my evo :/