Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I had to return my evo :/

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look for aanother used evo!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Spoiled. No other way to put it... =P
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Parents should, can, and will buy their kids whatever car they please. A buddy of mine took order of his 997 GT3 while in college and paid for by none other than his parents. Nice car, hasn't been in any accidents, and he takes very good care of it.

Just because you or your parents were/are poor doesn't mean other people can't experience nice things. EvoM's "My life sucked, so others lives have to suck" attitude is getting a little old.
I think it's more of a safety issue for most people, not money. A car like this can be dangerous in the hands of an unexperienced driver. But I can't read minds so who knows.

Ok maybe not everyone. The guy above me posted while I was writing the first part.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:57 PM

yeah take it from me i saved my money forever to buy mine but it feels good to be 20 n have a 30k paid off
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Parents should, can, and will buy their kids whatever car they please. A buddy of mine took order of his 997 GT3 while in college and paid for by none other than his parents. Nice car, hasn't been in any accidents, and he takes very good care of it.

Just because you or your parents were/are poor doesn't mean other people can't experience nice things. EvoM's "My life sucked, so others lives have to suck" attitude is getting a little old.

i completely agree. but too bad my parents arent rich and i have to pay for mine myself at 17. lol.

i know im 17 and you guys can flame me all you want but i am a responsible driver and work to pay for my own car, my own gas, and my own parts.

I love my evo
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
I think it's more of a safety issue for most people, not money. A car like this can be dangerous in the hands of an unexperienced driver. But I can't read minds so who knows.

Ok maybe not everyone. The guy above me posted while I was writing the first part.
There are a lot of adults that shouldn't have Evo's then. I've seen numerous stories in my area where adults have crashed these cars.

maybe there should be a separate dmv/mva test that certifies you to be a sportscar driver.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a young Evo owner... I was called a cheap bastard for as long as I can remember. I worked hard, off the books when I was young and on the books when I was old enough. Nobody handed me a job. And I proudly dropped it all on my Evo. People treat me as if it was handed to me when I drive around. But entirely different when I ride the train to Philly to work 5 days a week every day of my summer.
But I come from a family that could've handed it to me. And I don't think it would change how well I can drive if it had been handed to me. People shouldn't be judged because of their age and wealth.
An irresponsible jerk is an irresponsible jerk, they can be old, young, rich or poor.
Give the kid a chance. You don't know him.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

tell the to stf and stop crying about 1000, if they are willing to dish out that kind of money for you in the first place than whats another 1000?
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

^^ true that
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Sti?
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

at 17 there is no job on earth that you could be qualified for that would pay you enough to buy an evo, period. Unless of course you sell drugs of some kinds in that case, your in ;D Im 21 put 10k down and that took me a while to save. I did not need to say that but hey cant I feel good?

Last edited by incandescent; Jan 5, 2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

You can get hired as a drafter out of high school. They had Architectural Drafting at my school, and a lot of people did that. It pays pretty well too, if you worked two-three summers you could probably afford an Evo. Given you'd have to stay in the house every weekend, ********** a lot, and miss out on most of your youth.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

+1

That's what I was gonna say. I'm not lucky to have parents with money like that, but I know it would be nice. Experience the nice things at your age... just take care of it and appreciate it. Drive it nice. Be RESPONSIBLE. Don't be an ******* driver. Don't go cutting people off, and doing stupid **** like street racing and excessive speeding. You WILL be targeted more by the cops, 1. because of your car. and 2. because of your age. So get ready to start getting pulled over. So if you're driving with a provisional license, don't plan on giving people rides. You don't want to get pulled over for what the cops believe to be a "modified/after-market muffler" and see that you're driving with a provisional, and instead of giving you a ticket for the muffler, you get your license suspended, possible for car being impounded, and calling your parents from the police department.

Get that EVO, I know if I had the chance to get one handed to me by my dad I'd take it in a heart beat.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Amen Brother.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 09:25 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Kids got ***** for even admitting that his rents were paying. Kudos to you spoiled young lad!

Quick Reply: I had to return my evo :/