Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo vs. Telephone Pole. I am ok, car isn't so lucky.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL. I was just joking about the Xede, never could get it tuned right, so I blamed that. LOL. It was all in jest. Still have the car parked where it was since the wreck. Am bringing it home to make it a ballsy race car IF anything can be done with it. I should see what broke or gave way and caused me to veer right. I got these yesterday:

Got these sent to me, and these are the last photos I have of the car being on the road..........well, Ok, kinda on the road. Thick tree line is behind the tracks, and it was a good thing I didn't try and do a Dukes of Hazard jump across those tracks trying to miss the pole. I would have been worse off, or not even here today. I hit that pole a TON!!

Just last week, someone else hit a telephone pole on this road head on like me, but that driver was killed. (RIP). Thank god for the saftey features built into the Mitsubishi's.

What is wierd of the last photo, is that figure in the black/gray jacket is ME trying to help them pick up the mess I left on the road. Looks like I am a ghost in that photo. EERIE no?

Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I'm just glad you're ok man. It was a nice car, but you can always build another one.

d
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exactly. just be glad you didnt get hurt too bad. evos gotta be in the top 3 safest sedans. do we have crash ratings? i thought id read somewhere that evo wasnt tested, but i thought they tested every vehicle
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

wow man, thats scary.

Glad your gonna make a full recovery
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Big Shooter
exactly. just be glad you didnt get hurt too bad. evos gotta be in the top 3 safest sedans. do we have crash ratings? i thought id read somewhere that evo wasnt tested, but i thought they tested every vehicle
lol like a 2 star..

only reason i know is some subaru guys bring it up
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I can only imagine what the local authorities said when they saw your car... Glad you're ok...
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:56 AM

That will teach the pole a lesson for not getting out of the way of an EVO hehe. Glad ur ok man and good luck with the next one.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
Evos are a bit "twitchy" due to the fast response which in this case was bad..go with a 05 sti try something different
(pause ) NOT!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Thanks again guys for the well wishes, and I am glad the kids were not in the car with me. At impact the wiring harness was cut, and it was dark outside when this happened, and once the power was cut, there was NO light inside the car either. The only light I could see was the oncoming cars, and it was VERY SMOKEY inside the car (Airbag propellent) and the smell of fuel was strong like I dumped 5 gallons of it in the car. The wires on the wiring harness were arcing on the metal up front, so I am glad it didn't ignite, and am also glad I didn't get knocked out. It was a scary ride for sure.

I never checked the tires to make sure they were put on the right direction, it was done by a large nationwide chain. Those were my winter tires to drive the car if I needed to over the winter. I usually put the car on jackstands over the winter, and work on it in the garage. Again, thanks for the kind words.
you might want to sue the national chain who put your tires on the wrong way
Old Feb 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4cdndctn
I can only imagine what the local authorities said when they saw your car... Glad you're ok...
seriously,dam that sux bro i lost my blue byu last month sold to top level performance and im still said
Old Feb 11, 2008, 04:33 PM

Now the engine bay looks as confusing as the STI's
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Oo man im sorry.. that sucks.. glad your not in too bad of shape. feel better