Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Disgruntled with PitPass Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2003, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Meeyatch1

That is a very good question....my dealer did not even know it took that oil until I told them! ARGH!

Doesn't it say that the car takes synthetic oil in the engine compartment.....
Old Jul 25, 2003, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

hey ZStryder.... Sheehy is the place. They have a few certified Techs who are big time Mitsu car guys. Next time, it would prob be worth it to drive the extra 15 mins to Sheehy for your service.

You should immediately check to be sure they put the correct synth fluid into your car! If they did nothing else correctly, they probably didn't do the oil change correctly either!

SC~
Old Jul 25, 2003, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the pit pass when I bought my car a little over a month ago. The two different versions of pit pass are:
  • Stainless Steel Package: Service Intervals every 5,000 miles or 5 months providing a total of 7 (seven) services.
  • Carbon Fiber Package: Service intervals every 3,750 miles or 4 months providing a total of 9 (nine) services.

The prices basically break down to 75 bucks plus tax per service, no discount on buying the more expensive plan, still works out the same. I paid $549.00 for the Stainless Steel Package

I asked if I could buy the 9 service one and use it for every 5K miles (because I drive 5K miles a month) and the business manager had to call USA to see if that was alright and he was told no, they won't let you use it like that because the car has to be in warranty in order to use pit pass.

From the agreement form, this is what is included:
  • Change engine oil using Mobil 1 fully synthetic motor oil
  • Replace engine oil filter using a genuine Mitsubishi oil filter
  • Rotate tires
  • Exterior wash
  • 27-point inspection

27-point inspection of: Seat belts, dash warning lights, clutch/start switch (manual), horn, parking brake, headlights and fog lights, turn signals and running lights, brake lights, hazard warning lights, back-up lights, interior lights, front and rear wipers/blades, washer fluid reservoir, engine coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, intercooler water spray reservoir, serpentine belts and hoses, air filter, battery, undercarriage and exhaust, wheels and tires (set pressure), brake linings, lines and fittings, and CV boots.

A. AGREEMENT Period - This agreement begins on the DATE ISSUED and shall continue until one of the following occurs: (1) All of the specified number of services have been used or expired as defined by YOUR PACKAGE selection...(2) A period of 36 months from the DATE ISSUED has passed. (3) An additional 36,000 miles have been registered on the odometer from the mileage shown in the Information Schedule.

B. OUR Responsibilities - WE agree to pay any DEALERSHIP for Pit Pass services, as defined in Section II of this AGREEMENT.

C. YOUR Responsibilities - YOU agree to have all Pit Pass services performed by a DEALERSHIP. YOU agree to have each Pit Pass service performed iwthin 30 days or 1,00 miles of the scheduled service interval of the selected PROGRAM or that service IS FORFEITED. YOU must present YOUR AGREEMENT or YOUR Pit Pass coupon book to receive any Pit Pass Service.

D. Cancellation - This agreement may be cancelled by YOU. To cancel this agreement, you may contact YOUR selling Dealership or the Administrator....$50 adminstration fee.

E. Transfer - YOUR rights and obligation may only be transferred to a subsequent private purchaser directly by YOU, within 30 days from the date of sale of subsequent owner upon pyament ot the ADMINISTRATOR of a $50 transfer fee.

It also mentions in the Guidelines that These services are available only through participating DEALERSHIPS in the continental U.S.

Administered by:
Consumer Program Administrators, Inc.
1-800-785-3654

I brought my car in July 14 to get it's first oil change on the invoice it says $47.03 for the oil and filter change with Mobil 1 including the gasket for the drain plug, $28.00 for Tire Rotation and [b]balancing[b]. I got charged $15 dollars for Tire repair (they said they found a screw in the tire when rotating them). So it broke down like this:

Labor: $55.00
Parts: $35.03
Total Charges: $90.03
Sales Tax: $1.75
Total: $91.78
Pit Pass: -$76.78 (hand written)
Customer Pay: $15.00 (hand written)

They did wash my car, clean the windows, vaccum the interior, dressed the tires, and gave me a loaner car for 24 hours (dropped the car off the night before and picked up the next night because they are only open 8-5 M-F). When I dropped it off the guy said tire/rotation only happens every 10,000 miles and said that's not what that video they made me watch said. So it looks like I got a free balancing and loaner car out of it. The cheapest I can get a Mobil 1 oil change for in my area is $50.00 if they perform the rotation and balance each time as well as wash it (they actually did a good job) then I'm a little ahead. It's not like that $550 was earning much interest in the bank.

On the extnded warranty, I was offered a 5 year, 100,000 mile warranty for 795 bucks with no deductible. I was about to take it, because it was so cheap, then I thought to ask, "Is this a Mitsubishi issued extended warranty?" I was told does not offer extended warranties on it's vehicles. Funny we don't even get the extended powertrain warranty that all other Mitsubishi vehicles sold in the U.S. get.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:23 PM

Angry pitpass problems

not all dealers honor pitpass. i bougtht my evolution over 60 mioles from home and the local dealer that sells $59k evo's does not do pitpass. i got mine in feb down in cerritos and i live in santa monica.
love the car. need pitpass close by.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know the update on my situation.

I took my car back to the dealership where I bought it, and they took care of me. Apparently the way the program works is that the dealerships go ahead and do the work, and Mitsu reimburses them later on. What happened was that Stohlman did an oil change, and submitted a form saying they did the required maintenance on my car - thus Sheehy (my dealership) was unable to work on the rest of the stuff cause Stohlman already "claimed" they had worked on the car, even though they didn't fulfill all of it. Of course, the Sheehy guys got real pissed off too and they called up Stohlman... as it turns out, it wasn't until just recently that Stohlman was certified to SELL or even WORK on Evo's! They never had a single Evo certified tech! Isn't that such bull**** considering the amount of Evo's they sell?? (the service manager claimed they sold the most Evo's in the nation or something like that)

Anyway, Sheehy called up Mitsubishi and they got things worked out so I'm heading back on Monday to get the rest of my stuff worked out.

Anyway, Boo on Stohlman, what the hell do you think you're doing to your Evo customers? Even the guy there said "we don't do pitpass because we don't like to give preferential treatment to our customers..." BS! Not like pitpass was free anyway... punks.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Oh right, forgot to add... if they didn't honor pitpass, why the hell did they service my car and submit it as a pitpass maintenance, therefore voiding my first 5K service?
Old Aug 2, 2003, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

zstryder; just bought my Evo today from Manassas Sheehy...spoke with the Master Mechanic yesterday...he said ALL dealerships are supposed to honor the pit pass. BUT, my 'salesman' didn't even know what it was? We'll have to roll sometime...we're neighbors!
Old Aug 2, 2003, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, I saw your car being prepped!

There was a nice paper that said "SOLD!!" on the windshield of your car.

We need to get a NoVA meet again sometime.. there was one earlier this summer but I couldn't make it.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

You were there, huh!? Thas kew! Yeah, we definitely gotta get something going...what color did you go with?