Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Disgruntled with PitPass Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disgruntled with PitPass Service

So recently my 5K mile checkup came up so I took it into the nearest dealer to me, which is the Tysons Stohlman Mitsu. I bought my car from the Sheehy Manassas dealership, but they were a little too far and I figured Tysons would get the job done just fine.

As it turns out, I drop my car off, they change the oil etc... but then I notice my tires aren't rotated. I go back and speak to the service manager, Matt Snow, and this is what he tells me (not verbatim but close enough)

"Umm.. yeahh... we really don't know about the PitPass service because we've never done it? Even my manager doesn't really know a whole lot about it so I'm supposed to call up the district manager and find out what the whole checkup service encompasses... "

Basically, I don't know if they did the 27 (is it 27?) point inspection, and I know for sure they didn't rotate the tires. The guy's supposed to call me back up but honestly... wtf? How can they perform such a half *** service to customers who have already prepaid? Does this not strike you as odd??

Has anyone else gone in for a service at Stohlman's? Maybe I ought to go back to Sheehy for service from now on...
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

did they even have an EVO's for sale...?

i was under the impression that not all dealers had EVO's delivered...
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, not all Mitsubishi dealers may be part of the PitPass program. The dealerships recieve information about the PitPass program, review the program information, and can sign a "Dealer Agreement" if they wish to be part of the program. My advice is to take your car to the dealer where your purchased your PitPass.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I bought mine in springfield MO, but I took mine to joplin MO dealer and they said that they did not acknolwledge it. And that they were not certified to do it. But they do sell EVO's. It is the stupidist thing I have heard.

To sell SVT's you have to be SVT certifed. If you can't work on a car you should not sell them

You suck Continental MItsu in Joplin
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Diesel
did they even have an EVO's for sale...?

i was under the impression that not all dealers had EVO's delivered...
All dealerships got evo's
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Are you sure they even used Mobil 1 synth?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:40 PM
In Timeout

u kno wats funny.. stohlman always has a **** load of evos outside.... and supposbly their service dept is top 10 haha
Old Jul 22, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That's the problem with prepaid service contracts. Once they have your money, what incentive is there to treat you right? Your best bet is to take it to the original dealer and give them the impression you will be very interested in service after 30K miles and possibly future accessories/models (even if you aren't).
Old Jul 22, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Evo Certified

My dealer (Cub Shaver in IL) told me that Mitsu techs can be Evo certified and they get some kind of certificate. He said that he has a couple of Evo certified techs and he said to ask to see the certificate at any other dealer.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's pretty garbage.. Stohlman sells Evo's like no other, I pass by it everyday and they have new Evo's on the lot every week, and the old ones are gone (I assume sold). What's the deal?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

i took my evo in for service with out a pit pass and i was the 1st
they had ever serviced.. i think that mitsu in genereal is way behind in customer relations.. all i hear from everyone on the boards is the has a lack of priority when it comes to
customer relations.. dont get me wrong i love me evo but if i bought a regular i would trade it in and buy another make.. sad to say and im a service advisor for chevrolet..
well just my 2 cents.. oh and do the math on the pit pass you
end up paying close to the same if not more.. my dealer wanted 795 for 5 oil changes and tire rotations ..i payed 42 for oil and filter change. OH!! did anyone try and buy a factory extended warranty? when i tried they said they dont sell them

dam thats kinda scary
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Man I had the same exact problem with my pit pass. I took the car to the nearest dealer. They changed the oil, but didn't rotate the tires. I called them back and they said oh, we don't honor the pit pass. So I called the dealer where I bought my car. They said they are idiots and don't know anything. They in turn called the regional manager who got on the phone with the dealer who "performed" the maintenance. Needless to say 2 hours later I received an apology and wound up getting my car detailed for free. And yes they sell EVO's. I was going to buy from them, but they kept lying to me on when they were getting one. Anyway, the regional manager said all dealers must honor the pit pass as ong as they have a certified tech, period. If they claim they don't have to honor it, call their regional manager and get it straightened out. On top of the poor service, they were going to put regular oil in until they noticed the Mobil 1 synthetic oil only sticker on the cap. I'm still not 100% sure they put in synthetic oil.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

My dealership seems to be pretty damn good. From the salesman there, he has went to training a few times about the Evo, and he said that first off, for a dealership to be able to sell the car, they have to have a trained Evo tech that works there. It is in the agreement. I am assuming that not all dealerships got Evo's for this reason.......either that or every dealership got one, but every dealership also had one of their techs trained on the car, then maybe the tech quit or something. He also said there were 2 versions of the pit pass. There is one that changes the oil more often and is more expensive. I'll get more info from him and post it later.

Mike Smith Toyota/Mitsubishi/Kia in Paducah, KY. Salesman is Terry Travathan. They got a total of two Evo's. The first one that arrived was a silver one. It sold within 3 hours of being on the showroom floor. The second one was the black one that I bought. I knew it was comming in advance and I gave a deposit for purchase even before it had a chance to be sold. Total cost of the car was $31,812 before tax/license/registration. It came with a sunroof and high mount spoiler.

Josh
Old Jul 24, 2003, 08:58 PM

I bought my Evo from Stohlman, although I haven't had to have any service yet. They certainly should be aware of the Pit Pass program; they claim to have sold more Evo's than any other dealer in the country and make you sign a paper acknowledging that you have watched the Pit Pass video and are aware of the additional maintenance requirements of the Evo. Maybe they should get some Evo certified mechanics and make them watch the video and sign the same piece of paper.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball
Are you sure they even used Mobil 1 synth?
That is a very good question....my dealer did not even know it took that oil until I told them! ARGH!