Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cjb

When I went into Stevens Creek Mitsubishi the other day, the salesmen where asking how much I paid for it. I told them MSRP, and they asked why I haden't talked to them. I told them I didn't want to pay 6k over MSRP, which is what they had theirs listed for. They told me that they would let them go for 1k less than MSRP, which I'm sure is a crock. But, they told me to tell my friends that they'd let them go for 1k less than MSRP. I'd be interested in seeing if someone who is shopping in the Bay Area went in to talk to them what they would actually let them go for. I find it hard to believe that they would knock 7k off the asking price on an EVO...
Well, I went there today, and I walked out with an Apex Silver Evo, with sunroof and wing. No, I wasn't able to get $1K under MSRP, but I did get it for $30,620, which is $192 below MSRP. I told them that I saw someone mention that they could sell it for $1K below MSRP, and they told me that that was absolutely impossible, and after a lot of haggling, we finally agreed on this number.

The salesman that was helping me was named Tony, and then I worked with Michael on the numbers. After he realized that I wouldn't go above MSRP, he had me work with his manager EJ (or RJ, or something like that, I don't remember).

I'm sorry I didn't heed the warnings of those who've had bad experiences with Stevens Creek Mitsu and Capital Mitsu, but I live within walking distance from this place, and I had to at least go check out that whole "$1K below list" rumor for myself, in addition to test driving an Evo. I had been wanting one for a while, and I really wasn't planning on buying one today. I just wanted to get a test drive, but I guess they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anyway, you guys can now add Stevens Creek Mitsubishi to your list of California dealers selling under MSRP (although their window sticker has a $6K markup and I had to haggle with them).

Now anyone wanna buy a '96 M3?
I take that back. I'm selling the WRX wagon now. I don't need two 2.0-liter turbo 4-cylinder AWD Japanese cars.

Last edited by shane; Sep 21, 2003 at 01:38 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 02:58 PM

Shane, I may be interested in your M3. What mileage, color, body style and condition?
Old Sep 16, 2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by MeddlingKids
Shane, I may be interested in your M3. What mileage, color, body style and condition?
Just sent you a PM.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 06:19 PM

omg everyone come on, this place i know is giving them away, 28.5 out the door. please stop with the other places.

robby will hook you up, i got my black one too good.

803-799-1234
Old Sep 17, 2003, 09:41 AM

Redman, why don't you tell us the name of the dealership and where it's located?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 04:20 PM

I got a pretty good deal (I think) at Brad Benson Mitsubishi in New Jersey yesterday. Rather closer to invoice than to sticker.

Spent about 15 minutes chatting with Brad (ex NY Giant lineman). He's very proud of his 500 rwhp Ford Lightning. Did a nice smoky burnout for me in the driveway of the dealership. He also seems not to be averse to taking care of somewhat modified Evos. Told me to make sure I include a sturdier clutch in the first set of mods.

They have several more Evos left. If interested, call Mike Pozgay in sales and mention that Victor referred you. No affiliation, etc.

Cheers,
Victor
Old Sep 20, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Im confused by shanes post how can you get the car for 192 below invoicebut not get at least 1K off MSRP should the gap between invoice and MSRP be 2-3G's

Also Im sure the guy from stevens creek was trying to crap you out about the MSRP deal you got on your car there are a lot of car dealers who do **** like that if they dont get your business
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by absinthe
Im confused by shanes post how can you get the car for 192 below invoicebut not get at least 1K off MSRP should the gap between invoice and MSRP be 2-3G's
My bad, I meant $192 below MSRP. I just edited my post.

Originally posted by absinthe
Also Im sure the guy from stevens creek was trying to crap you out about the MSRP deal you got on your car there are a lot of car dealers who do **** like that if they dont get your business
I agree, sure seems like that's what happened.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 05:52 PM

hey everyone, its in SC, and the people are great, you will get your evo for one of the best deals. plus they check up on you to make sure things are still good. I still get calls and its over a month, how good is that. Ask for Robbie.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

people from SC seem not to realize that while they are getting cars for 28.5 otd its bacause of their taxes. Not whopping deals, unfortunately you pay taxes based on where you live so 28.5 otd for them would be 31k otd in Cali
Old Sep 23, 2003, 02:38 PM

well, not really, there are ways to get out of taxes. like i did.
so i did not pay that much
Old Sep 23, 2003, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by redman012
Care to expand on that? I'm sure everyone here would like to know how.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by redman012
Could ya be a little more vague? Clue us in.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Yes please do, even if its in the form of a PM
Old Sep 24, 2003, 01:02 PM

We currently have 4 Evo's (Black, White, Blue, and Red) for sale at our dealership. All four have the sunroof and spoiler. All four are available at $28,000. This is available until they are sold.

Please specify "evolutionm" when you contact me.

Please contact me either by email ,by post, or by phone.

Thanks again,
Patrick Maiden
Internet Manager
Wallace Mitsubishi
Bristol, TN
wallace_mitsubishi@yahoo.com
423-967-3579 cell

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing