Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys i m new here ... from EVO-NY.Com ... just wanna say that the dealer by me here Manfredi Mitsubishi 1239 Hylan Blvd. Staten Island, NY 10305 (718) 981-3445 ... we the evo-ny crew bought about 9 Evos from them they did not mark me up nor bad service got it for $29,200 with the Sunroof and the wing ... just bought another car (MOntero limited) @ $32,000 with the front push bar ... Just a question why is this dealer name on the boycott list and stated that they are marking up at $5000?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by initial d
Hey Guys i m new here ... from EVO-NY.Com ... just wanna say that the dealer by me here Manfredi Mitsubishi 1239 Hylan Blvd. Staten Island, NY 10305 (718) 981-3445 ... we the evo-ny crew bought about 9 Evos from them they did not mark me up nor bad service got it for $29,200 with the Sunroof and the wing ... just bought another car (MOntero limited) @ $32,000 with the front push bar ... Just a question why is this dealer name on the boycott list and stated that they are marking up at $5000?
I didn't look, but it could have been a long time ago when they marked it up $5000. I don't think any dealer could sell one now if they marked up the MSRP by even $1000.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:59 PM

the only thing that i m concerned with is that why are they on that boycott list and is it possible that the name can be taken off? Cause they are like family to me
Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

hello everybody.

I bought mine tonight (finally).

Black with sunroof and CF spoiler for $28,800. Not the best deal, but not bad either.

McCarthy Mitsubishi in Olathe, KS
ask for Marty Howard
Old Nov 20, 2003, 08:55 AM

you bought it right at invoice, or just below, trust me you got a great deal
Old Nov 25, 2003, 06:24 AM

Cool MSRP QUOTE - Rice Mitsubishi - Knoxville, TN

Dear Valued Mitsubishi Customers,

Hello. My name is Patrick Winter. I am a Sales and Leasing Consultant with Rice Mitsubishi in Knoxville, TN. We are located at 8330 Kingston Pike. I wanted to take this chance to let you know that we would be more than happy to sell or locate an Evolution VIII at MSRP. We'll even show you the invoice so you know we're not taking advantage of you. However, please remember that allowing a dealer to make a modest profit is not wrong. If we made no profit, there would be no dealers to sell you your EVO.
We currently have a Weightless White EVO VIII on the lot. The break down on the price is simple.
Suggested Retail Price: $28,987.00
Large Carbon-Fiber Spoiler: $ 480.00
Power Glass Sunroof: $ 750.00
Destination & Delivery: $ 595.00

Total: $30,812.00 +++

Of course, if you want an EVO without the spoiler or sunroof it would obviously be less. If you are serious buyer in the market to purchase an EVO VIII and would like more information, please feel free to contact me at 865-690-4611 or Toll Free at 1-800-842-7423. Also, you can check us out at www.riceautomotive.com for more details. Thank you for your time and consideration and remember to ask for Patrick if you stop by.

Sincerely,
Patrick Winter
Sales and Leasing Consultant, Rice Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi_PatWinter@hotmail.com
Old Nov 25, 2003, 06:40 AM

Re: MSRP QUOTE - Rice Mitsubishi - Knoxville, TN

Originally posted by Mitsubishi_PatW
....we would be more than happy to sell or locate an Evolution VIII at MSRP. We'll even show you the invoice so you know we're not taking advantage of you.

If the customer must pay no lower than MSRP, why would the invoice price matter.

We know that dealers make more profit than just the difference between invoice price and MSRP.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Hi my name is Justin Kwon,
here is a little story i would like to share about Rice Mitsubish and their dishonesty. And if Rice Mitsubishi dealer says im lying, i have two other witnesses who were there with me!! About 2 weeks ago, i received a letter from Mitsubishi Corp. saying that there is Lancer Preview Night and you can test drive "ANY CAR" you want at the designated dealer. So I went to Rice Mitsubishi with my two buddies, and one old guy came out, i told him i want to test drive that white Evo, then he immediately say, sorry sir, But Evo is an exception. So i showed him the mail that advetised the test drive night for any vehicles. He then responded, let me talk to my manager so he went inside. After 10 minutes of waiting he came out said "somebody made a deposit on it" so you cannot test drive that car. HOW LAME!!! so i said ok and went home. Next day, and day after that and even NOW that SAME WHITE EVO still SITS on their lot!!! Honestly i am not some 16yrs olds who just want to beat the heck out of evo on a test drive and not buy it! im planning to buy it this thanksgiving break! and I visited RICE MITSUBISHI about a month ago to talk about evo, i guess they did not take me seriously. Regardless of buying or not buying, A dealer should not treat their customers like that!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 08:21 AM

MSRP vs. INVOICE

Dear Valued Customer,

I understand your frustration. Please make me a reasonable offer on an EVO VIII, allowing for what you believe to be a fair profit for our dealership, with the options you want. I will be more than happy to submit your offer. We want to earn your business. Thanks again for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Patrick Winter
Sales and Leasing Consultant, Rice Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi_PatWinter@hotmail.com

P.S. Mr. Kwon, I apoligize that you feel we were unable to help you with your future EVO investment. I do not believe it is necessary for you to slander our dealership. Rice Mitsubishi has been in business for 48 years. You do not remain under the same ownership in the same place for that long by treating your customers unfairly. However, I am glad to hear that you are still planning to purchase a Mitsubishi. That's what really matters anyway. Thanks. Patrick Winter
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sometimes the salesman can be punks !! One of my many reasons i didnt purchase an STi (besides performance wise) was because of the way they treat customers . All i do is go to a different dealer , they need the business not me .An you have the option to shop around , which im sure theres more then plenty of dealers to go too...
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I know.....I feel ya...some dealers just dont treat customers right!! Anyway, i've contacted other Mitsubishi dealers,
Just to let other potential evo buyers know there are lots of places who offers their evos close to INVOICE,
Alcoa Mitsubish in Knoxville Tn offers their evos $500 over INVOICE, yes i've contacted one of the salesmanager.
MSRP: $29,885.32 ($28,987.00 + $303.32 + $595.00)
Invoice $27,789.79 ($26,891.47 + $303.32 + $595.00)
The wing is S1 $480.00 ($418.00)
Sunroof is SR $750.00 ($653.00)
Plus tax, tag, title and fee and $500 over Dealer Invoice.
Destination & Delivery of $595.00 and the National Dealer
Advertising Fee of $303.32
I dont understand how dealers dont make profit when they are selling their cars at MSRP???
YEAH!!!! and i am getting my EVO this week~! YAHOOOOO!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but he's got $580 in holdback and the $303 advertising is a pad. Everyone who has quoted me lately has not included the advertising. You are actually $1383 over his invoice.

From what I've heard, prices are going to drop major on 03's in January. Depreciation is $275 a month (http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-20...ion_4_Dr_Sedan)

Call dealers and ask for the internet or fleet manager and DON'T SET FOOT IN THEIR DEALERSHIP. Do it over the phone. Get an otd price and the VIN number and options. If you find a deal you like, give them a credit card number to hold the car and have them fax you the invoice from the car. At that point you have a firm contract. They are bound. Some of my friends who are busy actually have the cars delivered to their homes or businesses and do all the paperwork there.

I have never gotten a better deal by going into the dealership. Clean and easy and you don't have to deal with the sales bs. I've already seen deals under invoice. Do some homework. And don't worry about waiting, there is ton's of inventory. Just follow the links off of the mitsubishi web site to the dealerships. Some of them list their inventory.

Of course if you are in love with this particular car and a few bucks don't make a difference, I'd say go for it. Your time is worth something.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by Wrench
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but he's got $580 in holdback and the $303 advertising is a pad. Everyone who has quoted me lately has not included the advertising. You are actually $1383 over his invoice.

From what I've heard, prices are going to drop major on 03's in January. Depreciation is $275 a month (http://www.epinions.com/auto_Make-20...ion_4_Dr_Sedan)

Call dealers and ask for the internet or fleet manager and DON'T SET FOOT IN THEIR DEALERSHIP. Do it over the phone. Get an otd price and the VIN number and options. If you find a deal you like, give them a credit card number to hold the car and have them fax you the invoice from the car. At that point you have a firm contract. They are bound. Some of my friends who are busy actually have the cars delivered to their homes or businesses and do all the paperwork there.

I have never gotten a better deal by going into the dealership. Clean and easy and you don't have to deal with the sales bs. I've already seen deals under invoice. Do some homework. And don't worry about waiting, there is ton's of inventory. Just follow the links off of the mitsubishi web site to the dealerships. Some of them list their inventory.

Of course if you are in love with this particular car and a few bucks don't make a difference, I'd say go for it. Your time is worth something.
Good post! I agree. If you can wait, then wait. You may notice what happened to the Subaru impreza WRX. They were selling them at sticker and above for the first year of production. I waited until January of 2003, and picked mine up for $900 UNDER invoice including destination charges. no additional fees. To those who paid MSRP for a WRX, they are very possibly noticing strong depreciation by now if they want to sell and move up to an Evo. Also, waiting till the next model year allows for fixes to the bugs associated with a first model year vehicle. In my case, I don't have the clutch shudder problem that plagued many 2002 models.

The Subaru is just an example, but I predict the Evolution will follow the same routine as many other hot sports cars did in the past, including Mitsubishi's own Eclipse GSX and 3000GT VR-4.

And finally, I made my deal over emails, phone calls, and faxes. No negotiations were made in person.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Don't buy it for a penny over the invoice! I got mine for $1500 under. After all the BS advertising and security tag, it was still $1k under.

I hate Mitsu salesman!!! They abuse evo like a rental. They treat u **** after the signing the paperwork.

nbpal4000, you shouldn't even go back to that dealer again after how they treated u. They are evo's sitting on the lot all around the country. You can even call other dealers out of state and have them shipped the car to u if you want.

Patience does pay you back!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:07 AM

Everyone sounds sooo rediculous. Look at this thread..... EVERY dealer is on the boycott list at least once . A moderator should delete this finally!!! Give it up and everyone stop complaining about how dealers price Evo's too high!! You DONT have to buy one if you dont want to pay for it!!

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing