Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2003, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my evo from santa MOnica Mitsubish and payed 31.000 otd I had a rally and got a rebate of 1,000, russ in the web deparment there really can deal, i check with one of there floor guys one month earlier and couldnt get this deal! Also i got the sun roof and the carbon spolier
Old Dec 13, 2003, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

out the door

Sweet!

I got the car for 28,964 with the wing and got out the door for 31641..'zactly.

Silver, with sunroof and wing.

My 67 Cuda was also a 13-sec car until some jackass hit-and-ruined it, so I needed a new ride.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by lucyevo
I got my evo from santa MOnica Mitsubish and payed 31.000 otd I had a rally and got a rebate of 1,000, russ in the web deparment there really can deal, i check with one of there floor guys one month earlier and couldnt get this deal! Also i got the sun roof and the carbon spolier
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucyevo

Hey donutmonkey,

work those numbers backward and they jive with what I've been saying all along.

Back out tax

$2300

Back out license

$230

Back out docs

$45

Backout sunroof and CF

$1100

Total = $3675

$31000 less $1000 rebate less $3675 backouts = $26,325

There's your deal dude. Just thought I'd point out the math, 'cause you seem to think mine's off.

And yeah it's an evo forum but you need a computer to belong, not an evo or a 'cuda like Nash Bridges.

Congratulations on your new Evo. I guess owning one gives you a sense of superiority.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 09:48 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Uhh, Wrench, lucyevo said "I got my evo from santa MOnica Mitsubish and payed 31.000 otd I had a rally and got a rebate of 1,000".

That means that the $31,000 was AFTER the $1,000 rebate was applied.

Also, you backed out the wing and roof for another $1,100. This means that the actual sales price of the car with those two options was $28,425. In your post at 11:27am yesterday (the 12th) you said that a car with those options should be doable for $27,800. Thus, this deal was $625 more than you've been saying it *should* be, and much more in the range that everyone else says it really is going to be.

You were quick to point out the math to others; I thought you'd appreciate it being clarified for you.

--Josh
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by JWA
Uhh, Wrench, lucyevo said "I got my evo from santa MOnica Mitsubish and payed 31.000 otd I had a rally and got a rebate of 1,000".

That means that the $31,000 was AFTER the $1,000 rebate was applied.

You were quick to point out the math to others; I thought you'd appreciate it being clarified for you.

--Josh
Not the way I read it. It says "payed 31000 otd....and got a rebate of 1000". To me that's a $30K deal.

But since there is so much discussion of Santa Monica, It's pretty obvious that is where (out of the 10 or so cal dealers mentioned) a lot of action is and I'm getting tired of posting.

Rueben sold my friend this car. It's pretty cool. They even mounted the gages up top and the radio below so you can see them more clearly.

Two other dealers were willing to match the offer too. He's got a ton of inventory and wants to get rid of them because the storage is costing him a ton. And yes, as of Wednesday he had 44 evos between 3 stores.

I can read between your lines though. I should be more polite. Sorry.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Wrench,

No sense of superiority, just a grin on my face when I drive it.

I was never too good at math but isn't the cost of a wing and sunroof part of the cost of the car so equipped?

Oh, and no reason to bash the Cuda. That was already taken care of by a hit and run driver. Nash Bridges drove a third generation E-Body Cuda anyway. Mine is a 67. A-body. Different car. If you're going to insult someone at least try to get it right, otherwise you end up acting a fool.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

What is the tax rate in California? If the car is getting shipped out of state do I need to pay the tax or can I file an exemption? I appreciate all the info guys sorry about starting a huge debate. Just want to get a good deal.

So far I have a couple of offers for aroud $500 to $1000 over invoice. My main problem is doing this deal from Idaho is slightly more difficult then being able to go to the dealers after contacting them. Hopefully I can get it done, the people who bought my car want it for Christmas so time is running out.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bullfrg
What is the tax rate in California? If the car is getting shipped out of state do I need to pay the tax or can I file an exemption? I appreciate all the info guys sorry about starting a huge debate. Just want to get a good deal.

So far I have a couple of offers for aroud $500 to $1000 over invoice. My main problem is doing this deal from Idaho is slightly more difficult then being able to go to the dealers after contacting them. Hopefully I can get it done, the people who bought my car want it for Christmas so time is running out.
One dealer told me they base the tax and license on your actual address. If that's the case, I think they'd sell it based on your address in Idaho.

Call one of the dealers and see what they say.

Don't be sorry about the debate, I just didn't want you to have to pay more for the car if you bouht it in California. You should be able to get the same deal my friend got which is under invoice. Page back a couple of pages. It's all there on the car you want.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

If you ever find this elusive "one dealer" Wrench keeps referring to that's selling the cars at cost you might ask them, but here is a direct link to the State of California sales tax by city if you need it.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/cgi-bin/rates.cgi

You also might also want to consult your local department of motor vehicles concerning laws about intrastate vehicle fees and such. I thought about buying my motorcycle out of state to save a 1000 bucks, but research proved it would have cost about that or more in fees and time to get it all straightened out.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

What states have the lowest or no sales tax? Might be worht finding a "friend" their to register a car with, 6 months later transfer it?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 05:27 PM

donutmonkey,
Congrats on your new ride!!
Old Dec 14, 2003, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Motogp!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mister2zx3
What states have the lowest or no sales tax? Might be worht finding a "friend" their to register a car with, 6 months later transfer it?
My state (Oregon) has 0.00% sales tax...When you get a Whopper for $0.99 it's really $0.99...no sales tax at all
Old Dec 15, 2003, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

In Oregon, do cities, or counties, or any other municipality/region have any sales tax? I might have to ge in touch with some old friends out that way... For a 2 - 2.5k savings...
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:50 AM
JWA
Evolving Member

Every state that I'm familiar with charges sales tax on every vehicle purchse (and/or change of ownership), new OR used. So, when you "buy" the car from your friend in Oregon, you'll have to pay taxes then when you register it in your state. The DMVs are also now hip to people trying to claim a lower purchase price on used cars. If the price falls below what they see as an average for cars of that type they'll do an investigation and at the end the laws now allow them to assess the tax at the FMV.

To your questions before: most states now have arrangements whereby you pay the tax to the state where you purchase the car (in your example California) but at your home county's rate. You then show this receipt to your home DMV when registering the car and they recognize the taxes as paid. Works out nicely for everyone. The customer pays the same, but the selling state no longer sees the tax revenue go bye-bye.

--Josh

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing