Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2002, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess what..not all dealers will get them. They have to meet certain requirements first. This info is straight from a source in corp. Read my thread "New Evo VIII info!"..its in there
Old Nov 18, 2002, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by JT-KGY

Does it promise MSRP?
I guess it needs to be taken off the dealer list

Grrr.. no MSRP places in California....

(at least I have a $500 at MSRP on an STi- I would like one for a EVO VIII as well though)

Cheers

Nick
Old Nov 22, 2002, 07:06 PM

i just spoke with a good friend of mine at www.saleautomallkinston.com he just told me that they will be geeting approx.8 of the new EVOVIII's and the price he told me isnt what Mitsu has been saying he told me it was going to be in the low $30's and he didnt know of other specs o nthe car yet but as soon as he finds out i will let the board know and the dealership is taken $1000 dollar deposits on them as well
Old Nov 23, 2002, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hbmike
damn stealerships...
haha!!! Give um hell guys, it MSRP or less for me.

My turn will come eventually.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

MAN!!!! Would everyone please stop this my friend told me this my friend me that bull crap! DANG!!!! I used to sell cars for Mitsu. I am telling you right now none of the dealers have any clue on how many they are getting. When the time comes a dealer is sent an allocation of how many they will get on their first shipment. An allocation is a list of every new car that they get on that particular shipment. Don't believe all this hype that your so called "friends" tell you. I am not saying they won't get 8 evo's but no dealers has any clue on what they are getting right at the moment. They won't know till prolly a month or two before it actually is released. And if the actual release date is like everyone is saying late jan. early feb...maybe even march. Don't expect to hear till at least the new year. I am in the same boat you all are in. I want this car...i want the first one to come to the dealer. But...don't believe everything that your "friends" tell you.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:42 PM

I dont believe everything my friends tell me.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 04:10 PM

I sure hope they don't cost 32k like mentioned. I only paid 25k for my WRX and I've put around $3500 in mods on it. My total investment is around $28,500
My WRX runs 12.7s @ 108.6 mph in the 1/4 mile. It a perfect daily driver and works great at the track.

I want to get also get an EVO and modify it but 32k is getting up there in price.

Check out my WRX at
http://hometown.aol.com/sgos252382/m...age/photo.html
Old Nov 30, 2002, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
I sure hope they don't cost 32k like mentioned. I only paid 25k for my WRX and I've put around $3500 in mods on it. My total investment is around $28,500
My WRX runs 12.7s @ 108.6 mph in the 1/4 mile.
Nice ride I'm just a little surprised at the color selection ................................................. NOT
Old Nov 30, 2002, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

Evolution IMports is taking orders for 2003 J-SPEC EVO 8.i Bet the dealers are going to charge the same amount that E.I is charging.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I bet that most dealerships in the US have never even heard of EI. If the price ends up the same...it's purely coincidence.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 09:49 PM

All you have to do is tell your dealer that their competitor offered MSRP w/ your deposit, but you'd rather do business with them...most dealers won't ask for verification.
Old Dec 3, 2002, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

I just got a call from my local Dealer in Daly City, CA. They said that they were getting 7 EVOs and that I could put down a deposit of $1000. It's no refundable. Also, I asked what their markup was... $5095 over MSRP. I want an EVO, but that's way too damn high!
Old Dec 3, 2002, 03:36 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dilow, You should tell them to take the $5095 turn it right side up and shove it up their candy a$$.

SGOSWRX, Are you running U-Tec?

Can't wait to race in the (1/4mi) with my bro-in law's wrx with upipe, turbo xs stage2 "U-TEC", pullys, MRT TMIC or something, and turbo xs's turbo back. The U-Tec solved his notorious timing pull problem . Any suggestion in setting boost with stock turbos?

Hopefully my evo will be broken-in and faster. If not maybe a MBC would do it

Last edited by gtr; Dec 3, 2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2002, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by dilow
I just got a call from my local Dealer in Daly City, CA. They said that they were getting 7 EVOs and that I could put down a deposit of $1000. It's no refundable. Also, I asked what their markup was... $5095 over MSRP. I want an EVO, but that's way too damn high!

For that kind of money i'd get a 350Z or G35 coupe. There's no way any car should go for that much over msrp. Right now there are people who are kicking themeselves in the a** after paying 5k over on New Beetles and P.P. Poopers...i mean P.T. Cruisers. As soon as supply met up with demand, their trade values dropped like a brick. Now they are buried in these boring cars that are nearly as common as Civics, Camrys, etc. Hopefully, if Mitsu decides to keep production low, these cars will hold their value for a longer period of time so we don't get buried in them (should something better come along in two years)
Old Dec 4, 2002, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by gtr
dilow, You should tell them to take the $5095 turn it right side up and shove it up their candy a$$.

SGOSWRX, Are you running U-Tec?

Can't wait to race in the (1/4mi) with my bro-in law's wrx with upipe, turbo xs stage2 "U-TEC", pullys, MRT TMIC or something, and turbo xs's turbo back. The U-Tec solved his notorious timing pull problem . Any suggestion in setting boost with stock turbos?

Hopefully my evo will be broken-in and faster. If not maybe a MBC would do it

No, I'm running an off the shelf stage 4 Unichip program. It seems to be working pretty good by my 108.6 trap speed in the 1/4 mile. Thats faster than most with the Stage 4 setup.

I ran 13.33 and 13.39 in the 1/4 mile with Turboxs stage 2 Setup. I had the Stage 2 Unichp program. I ran 17 psi boost at the track.
On the street I ran around 16.5 psi boost.

The secret to running a good time in a WRX is all in the launch. You need to rev it to 4-5k and drop the clutch and hold on. Any lower rpms will cause the car to bogg and the run will be shot.

Its takes a pretty high rpm launch to get a little wheel spin off the line. That makes for a nice 1.8 60' time or so.

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing