Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess there's more profit than I thought in the meter kit. Check out this link. I followed some links off of http://evo.jedinite.com/links.html

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/...&z=Add+to+Cart

or here if that link doesn't work

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=89

Quantity Part # Description List Unit Price

1 MZ592038EX Meter Kit+ Sports was $464.25 now$353.76

1 MZ598263EX Install Kit was $69.95 now $50.74

Subtotal: $404.50

Plus installation, you might get this for $500 or $550.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

hey bc mind... the colors they had at anaheim were blue and red (including c/f wing and sunroof) i believe... just go to the mitsubishi website and locate dealers all around ur house, and call in. Some dealers will give you bogus prices over the phone to draw you in (like anaheim [$28,000 including tax and license]) but others u just gotta take the chance and head out to the dealer to see if they are serious.

If you live around Fullerton, they're for sure give you a great deal bc they're going out of business.

oh yah and the car i got at my price was not including tax and license, so including tax (7.75% in orange county, california) came out to around $33,000. But u gotta remember i have 3 years of pre-paid service, sports package, high spoiler, sun roof, 6 year warranty bumper to bumper, and low jack
Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

BC MIND sorry i didn't answer all ur questions... But my car was brand new with 15 miles on it. And id rather keep my dealer unknown....... why? i don't really know. He showed me papers after we purchased the car that his dealer actually lost around $1,500 selling that car. That day though he sold alot of cars so he wasn't worried about losing money selling me the car at that price. I honestly think they were just trying to get rid of the evo's they had in their garage.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

ku7484

thx for the info!

hmm... now i'm thinking if i should wait till the 04 come out then get the 03 for cheap... what do u guys think?

but April seems so far away.....
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

yah you should wait till next year... i heard the new 04's dont come out till april.. i maybe wrong... but within 2months of 04, prices may go incredibly down
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bcmind
ku7484

thx for the info!

hmm... now i'm thinking if i should wait till the 04 come out then get the 03 for cheap... what do u guys think?

but April seems so far away.....
If you are flexible on color, I think you can get an incredible deal in April or May (Automobile Magazine says they'll be here in January, but every dealer I've spoken to says April). Just keep an eye on dealer's inventory your state.

If you have a particular set-up, like red with a low wing and sunroof, or silver with cf wing no sunroof, just as an example, you might want to buy within the next month while multiple dealers have your car. If one is left, the dealers will run a search, and keep their prices up.

I've also found some dealers keep some of their cars off of the Web AND Dealer search engine, so calling around will help you find a specific car when you are ready.

Here's the link for Mitsubishi dealers: http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/retailers/index.html
Follow the dealer links. Some not all, have inventory listings.

Dealers themselves can also run their own searches but then you'll end up having that dealer do a trade and you'll end up buying from them. Not always as clean of a deal. It's best to buy from the dealer with the car.

Some dealers are still taking deliveries of '03's.

If you see the supply dropping, then you might want to make your move.

Keep in mind that the '04 MSRP may be slightly higher and could temper '03 pricing somewhat if it is considerably higher (the new cars will be available with leather seats, better stereo and a higher delivery charge and may sticker higher), but you might find a dealer willing to take a write down and get a great deal on an '03.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Wrench...

I must be the only person to ask this... Low Wing??? how does it looks like? I thought all EVO comes with C/F wing...

I think i'm in pretty good position... i don't mind any color at all... but if i can choose i'll take the white...

any other option would be nice... but low price is still the main reason for me

o btw, i'm in LA... so what will the DMV charge for licn. fee? let's say i got it for $30000
Old Dec 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

If you want a stripper; no wing, sunroof, or accessories, you can probably get close to 29 otd. If you look through the threads, you'll see guys getting around 29,600 otd w/ CF (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=54450). Back out the cf wing and and you are just about at 29 otd

White is a common color so you shouldn't have a problem getting that car.

The low wing is stealth. I like it but prefer the statement of the big wing. I'm sure the smaller one creates less drag = speed.

Snorra, the owner of San Rafael sells a ton of them to the old school crowd. He says visability is better than the big wing. The big wing can scare you when making a right turn or lane change because at first you think there is a car there when you check to make sure there are no cars in the blind spot. I'm sure everyone gets used to that after a while.

I've heard it's lighter too but I'd be surprised if it is even 10 pounds

A lot of dealers want to dump the low wings and you might get a deal. They're out there, you've just got to get busy on the phone.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah, OTD fees:

DMV - $45

DMV VLF license about $225

Tax LA county at 8.25 percent (based on your address, not where you buy it - $2195

Purchase price $26,600 (based on $27k w/ spoiler less $400 for spoiler backed out.)

=$29065. Shoot for that number. Should be doable now.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Wrench, i feel more and more confident walking in the dealer now...
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Well guys I got my Evo (at least I will Monday) Blue with carbon fiber wing, I did not get one of the really low deals they have out in California but I did get a pretty good price. I got it for $28,611 with OTD price of $30,394. I did have a couple of offers at invoice or just below from dealers in California but with the shipping or travel down it evened out the prices. If anyone wants to know where I will gladly share the deals I was offered.

I got my car from Appleway Mitsubishi in Spokane, WA. So far they have been very easy to deal with, they are even going to put on my Conti's I had shipped from Tirerack to them today.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:09 AM

Congrats Bullfrog, I'm glad to see you got what you wanted. I hope you had a pleasureable buying expierence. You will have awesome driving expierence.

Anthony Porcaro
Porcaro Mitsubishi
Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Wrench

I've heard it's lighter too but I'd be surprised if it is even 10 pounds
CF wing wieghs 7lbs ( i pulled mine off and sold it)
Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats Bullfrog!

That's a good deal on a great car. When it gets right down to it, there is no other car that gives you this much juice for that much money. When I had mine up on the rack to dump the break-in oil I was in awe. I was blown away by the engineering.

You won't look back, unless it's time to see someone fading from view in the mirror.

Old Dec 19, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Anthony:

Thanks for the inventory search that helped me just contact the dealers that had what I wanted. It made my life easier.

donutmonkey:

Was that oil the oil in the car or did you switch it out for normal oil to break it in? I have to drive 500+ mile to get home should I drop it by a quick lube and change the oil before I go?

Thanks

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing