Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MSRP Dealer Listing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2002, 07:01 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The secret to running a good time in a WRX is all in the launch
That is correct. The car has so much timing pull before the u-tec we were getting 13.9@96mph with the stage 2 setup with upipe! 60ft time was like 1.90. The track has lots of rubber and I dont' think the car had enough power. He had a friend to plug in the car to check his timing and it was pulling like crazy not to mention bad fuel ecomony. Now the car runs smooth and pulls harder after 5 grand. I can tell it's running much faster than before and cant' want to find out how much?

U-tec is awesome. We have a plug and laptop plug to monitor boost and change maps. Smooth throttle response.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to upgrade my chip to a u-tech but its a lot of cash. I would love to run the race gas program and up the boost. I could probably run low to mid 12s @ 110 mph

Are you using the abc bleeder valve that comes with the stage 2 setup. I think I mentioned this before. If you are you need to get rid of it and get Turboxs's HPBC. $129
I ran .2-.4 tenth faster in the 1/4 mile using the HPBC vs the abc setup.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 02:16 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

get Turboxs's HPBC. $129
I'm clueless. What is it? He probably does have the orginal stage 2 unit. How does it gain .2-.4tenths?
Old Dec 8, 2002, 10:05 AM

The Stage 2 setup comes with a abc bleeder valve to adjust boost. It allow the user to adjust max boost levels but is still controlled through the computer. The computer limits boost in 1st - 3rd gear and also tapers boost significantly near redline.

Nathan, Mark , and Phil - from Turboxs all recommend running their high performance boost controller for increased performance. Nathan - was the first one to tell me I needed to switch. He told me I would run several tenths faster if I did. So I bought one and sure enough he was right. Makes a big difference.

With Turboxs high performance boost controller $129 it allows high boost levels in 1st- 3rd gear, especially first gear, and also allows more boost at redlline with less boost taper.

A third thing it does is allow boost to build considerable faster and at a lower rpm. Boost will come on fast and hit hard.

On average I ran .2-.4 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile by switching to Turboxs high performance boost controller (HPBC) vs the abc bleeder valve setup.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 04:20 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Hmm

Originally posted by trigeek37

no, any dealer can/will get them. but, the bigger the dealer the larger the first allotment. Mitsubishi is giving more Evos to the dealers that sell the most US Lancers, at least in the first wave. This setup is very similar to Chevrolet with Corvettes, SS f-bodies, and Z06s. Any Chev dealer can sell these cars, but only the biggest, most prestigous dealerships will get these cars in quantity.
Not true.

There will be quite a few dealers that will not get any EVO's. Allocation will be based on a combination of sales, CSI and meeting certain other requirements for staff certification - they are getting nastier about it every day.

My store will end up with probably 700+ Mitsu's sold this year with a peak of 113 in July. We have two salespeople in the Diamond Sales Guild (only 4 salespeople total in the district - 12 stores - have this). In other words, we meet the requirements and then some. We are getting 5 EVO's allocated for the entire year with the option of getting 2 more if we maintain our certification and CSI levels. We lose 2 of the 5 if we don't.

No dealer is going to trade an EVO without getting an EVO back so dealers that don't qualify to recieve EVO's are stuck.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 02:26 PM

Anyone know of any dealers in NY will sell at MSRP? There was one dealer on the list, Wantagh Mitsubishi. Just called them today and spoke to Alex Calaberas...he told me that their Mgr. told them that the dealership will be charging at least $2500 over MSRP. What gives? They should be taken off the MSRP dealer list.

Anyway, does anyone know any dealers in the area? I called some, many of them said $5K-$6K over MSRP!?!? NO way will I buy at that price!
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:43 PM

Hmm, so does anyone know any Mitsu Dealers that sell at MSRP In MD?
Old Dec 16, 2002, 03:19 PM

Tuttle-Click Mitsu of Irvine, CA, just told me that they are undecided about how much a mark-up they will lay on top of the MSRP.

So, IMO, their name should be removed from the MRSP List.

N8
Old Dec 16, 2002, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

For all you people in Boston wanting to get an Evo8, Boch Mitsubishi is getting 12. 5 or 6 are spoken for. So if you want one, you can go drop the deposit and get one. I don't think they'll sell you one at MSRP at this point, but you can also try and ask. The person who's in charge of evo purchases is Amir and his number is 7812556117. I've just got my allocated and secured today, they are taking orders and delivery date is(from what they told me) Jan 26-Feb 1.
Oh yeah, don't bother if you don't want to put money down because they have a long list of people who are "interested" but doesn't have money down, only 5 or 6 people have put down money so I think you can only get one now if you put something down. Hope this helps some Boston/MA buyers.

Last edited by yycools; Dec 16, 2002 at 07:08 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 07:07 AM

Guys I think we should stop making inquiries about the car with the dealers.

Remember Mitsubishi is sending a limited amount of cars as a test because they don't know if they can sell them all. I don't know if you guys have notice but at the beginning of this tread there were some dealers that said that they were going to sell the car at MSRP but know after good knows how many people have call to ask for the car the same dealers are starting to mark them up.

I will not pay over MSRP. I will rather wait till 2004 if necessary to have one. One thing.. I will get mine, but I will pay a fair amount for it.

Claudio Bory from Miami
95 GSX
Pray for rain...
Old Dec 17, 2002, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GSXTREME95
Guys I think we should stop making inquiries about the car with the dealers.

Remember Mitsubishi is sending a limited amount of cars as a test because they don't know if they can sell them all. I don't know if you guys have notice but at the beginning of this tread there were some dealers that said that they were going to sell the car at MSRP but know after good knows how many people have call to ask for the car the same dealers are starting to mark them up.

I will not pay over MSRP. I will rather wait till 2004 if necessary to have one. One thing.. I will get mine, but I will pay a fair amount for it.

Claudio Bory from Miami
95 GSX
Pray for rain...
Well, you've kind of touched on a point here. As we get closer and dealers realize how few cars they are really getting vs. how many inquiries we are getting, the number of dealer willing to sell at or near MSRP is shriking. Personally, I don't know how much longer I can keep my name up on the dealer MSRP list. I expect our entire years allocation to be sold before the first metal hits the lot. That's just the way it is.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 10:35 AM

In that case...I will just wait. No rush.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 11:09 AM

As soon as I know that the cars are in stock I will go to the few dealers down here in South Florida looking to buy one. I am going to let them know that I am also looking at the Subaru WRX (B.S) so they don't get funny on me and if they go over suggested price I will not buy it.

Are they going to sell it... probably yes.... well ...to tell you guys the truth down here in Miami sense Subaru started importing the WRX to the states I have only seen like 3 or 4 of them. Miami is a city were the H and the Type-R-S badges shine all over the place. I guess ill have to wait and see.

Claudio Bory from Miami
95 GSX
Pray for
Old Dec 17, 2002, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We are accepting deposits for EVOS. $1000 for first right of refusal. Anyone interested in the cars that we are getting can
give me a call at 205-403-4600. Once we know what the MSRP is
we can then agree on a fair mutually acceptable price for both parties.

David "Skeet" Williams
Sales

Last edited by GPTourer; Jan 23, 2003 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: MSRP Dealer Listing