Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

where to mount HID ignitor/ballasts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to mount HID ignitor/ballasts

whats up guys i got a bad *** kit from xenondepot 4300k im about to start taking off front bumper and get this thing done. just wanting suggestions as to where i should mount HID ballasts/ignitors. while most of the how tos are very good (ill be using them) they dont really show mounting points because most people got replacement bulbs, not true HID kit with ballasts. suggestions are welcome. im hoping there is space underneath the headlight housing to mount it on the bottom of it (i have double side tape and wire ties) but i dont know if the headlight would get too hot and mess up double sided tape or ballasts. open to suggestions thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

This might sound weird but I just bolted mine to the inner fender well and it worked great...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:32 PM
Account Disabled

mine are double sided taped inside the fenders
Old Jan 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

mine are mounted underneath the headlights. I used zip ties to secure them. Works great and they dont move.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

i ended up putting the drivers side one on top of the frame rail with double sided tape. too many wires on top of pass side fram rail so i mounted it on the side of the fram rail in the indentation. used a wire tie to tie it to a hole in the rail so its still kind of attached if the tape every comes off. thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

mine are mounted underneath the headlights like oem style, it came with brackets that lined up where the stock ballasts would go with 2 screws and fits perfectly
Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

I also put mine inside of the fenders... there is a bolt that is used to hold the fender onto the frame... i unbolted that and then used the brackets that came with the kit and bolted it into that hole...
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

yeah thats a good idea and i tried i out but woulndt fit. im gonna venture to say that the equipment that came with mine is probably larger than OEM, it wouldnt fit under the headlight. should be fine there it is on frame rails, out of the way and no moving parts around to eat up any wiring. i got it all tied in there well though so im not concerned.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I tied mine under the headlights. Had it on for over a month now and no problems yet.