Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gas pedal removal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Gas pedal removal

All right, so I searched and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. If you know the thread I can find the info, then point me in that direction and delete this thread.

Here is the problem, I have an IX MR with the Mitsubishi Racing Pedals as seen in the following link.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=14&page=2

I want to change out the pedals, I've checked the service manual which is horrible. So the questions are:

How is the gas pedal mounted?
How do you remove it?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not sure on the evo's, and im not by my car to check it out... But there is usually just a cotter pin that holds in on to the cable.. Hope that gives you an idea where to look
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Here's the info from the maual, hope it helps

Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the pic!

How do you remove the Pedal Pad from the Accelerator Pedal Arm Assembly???
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody?

bump
Old Jan 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you trying to take out the pedal cover or the actual pedal? If your talking about the covers there held in by screws. At least they are in an 03, I have the silver sport pedal kit (OE). Holes are drilled into the pedals and then the covers are screwed in.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

The accelerator pedal arm ends in a 120 deg bend. The very end of the arm slides into a sleeve near the bottom of the pedal. After the bend (going up on the arm) there is a second connection point that is near the top of the pedal. This one is open on the top. You don't slide the arm into this; you have to snap it on. There are angled tabs that the arm snaps into with pressure.

To put a pedal on; you must first slide the bottom of the arm into the bottom sleeve. Once that is in place, you twist the pedal into a position where you force the upper sleeve to snap on to the arm. (To remove a pedal, read this paragraph backwards)

Caution:
It is very easy to crack the lower plastic sleeve when removing and installing. I completely cracked the lower sleeve on the RS pedal I removed. This can also happen when you put a pedal on. With the Ralliart pedals I put on, the upper sleeve was very difficult to get over the arm. When you try and force it to snap onto the arm, you’re twisting the lower sleeve. I did develop a small crack on the full sleeve (fortunately the crack didn't get too big). This was disconcerting, as I had just paid $120 for the RA pedals. I used some sand paper to smooth out the upper sleeves taps to more easily go over the arm.

Take your time, and be gentle

BTW The Ralliart Titanium Pedals are amazing. The Brake/Clutch pedals feel like sandpaper

Last edited by 06RS; Jan 11, 2008 at 05:51 PM.