Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What to get?
RSX type-S
13.70%
Evolution VIII
86.30%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

RSX type-S or Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well rsx-s are pretty cool. i would take both if i could. heres a pic of by buddy's rsx-s

Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

fwd = not a performance car
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can't figure that out maybe you shouldn't be thinking about driving an EVO at all.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

It's going to be your daily driver? If you already have your fun car and you're looking for a daily driver. The choice is simple. GET A HONDA! If it's a daily driver and it's NOT your fun car... then go for reliability. Not to mention, any used evo is going to have a high risk of having an abusive history; and therefore a grim future. If it's going to be your only car, and you're looking for something that can be a daily driven fun car... I guess you could go either way, but you can get a brand new Honda around your price range and still have something that has potential for have some kick to it. It's up to you.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:37 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's going to be quite difficult to find a used Evo VIII in your price range that hasn't been modified and beaten to death by someone. So, from a reliability standpoint, the RSX-S is going to win. Everyone else has stated all the performance advantages of the Evo. The RSX-S will be the better daily driver. I've owned a 2003 RSX-S and now own an Evo IX. I love both cars. The 6-speed in the RSX shifts like butter...much nicer than the Evo. They have their advantages and disadvantages. You should be able to find a low mileage used 2006 RSX-S in your price range.

Another car to consider is the MkV GTI. You could probably find a low mileage 2007 in your price range. It's a better car IMO than the RSX-S. Or, you could also consider a used 2007 Mazdaspeed3. Those little suckers haul some a$$ and are pretty decent as a daily driver.

It all depends on what you want more. Better daily drive with decent performance. Or, an all-out performance machine that will be a little rougher on the daily drive.

Good luck.

Last edited by atombomb33; Jan 15, 2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ It will be my only car at the time. But it won't be my "Daily Driver".

Originally Posted by Remixx02
I CAN afford to keep up with the maintenance of an Evo. The reason my limit is 20k is because I'm also getting a new bike (R1).

I'm really not going to beat this car up. I live on base so everything is close and by that time, I'll have 2 motorcycles to ride aswell. I may still consider an RSX, but I think the Evo is the way to go. The reason why I say this is I want more than just an ordinary car. I want something I can call my project and somewhat of a hobby. Plus, after riding bikes for so long, it would suck to have a slooooow car.

Thanks for your honest opinions. More opinions are welcome.

Unless a really great close deal comes around, I WILL be getting an Evo.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Rsx=fwd=
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

you should get the rsx. if your going to choose between those cars you shouldnt be in an evo
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

i called up my insurance company and believe it or not both cars are within 30 dollars to be insured was kinda shocked to hear that.. even though my rates are higher (nj) it would be close to each other throughout the us i figure
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:40 AM

Evo = all wheel drive, turbo from the factory, 4 doors, easy to drive, minimal issues, possibility of hitting 700 + wheel horse priceless!!! there is no decision here sir!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Remixx02
I CAN afford to keep up with the maintenance of an Evo. The reason my limit is 20k is because I'm also getting a new bike (R1).

I'm really not going to beat this car up. I live on base so everything is close and by that time, I'll have 2 motorcycles to ride aswell. I may still consider an RSX, but I think the Evo is the way to go. The reason why I say this is I want more than just an ordinary car. I want something I can call my project and somewhat of a hobby. Plus, after riding bikes for so long, it would suck to have a slooooow car.

Thanks for your honest opinions. More opinions are welcome.
If you already had a daily driver, then I would say get the evo... but if you don't, then I would say get the rsx by far.

I've owned a 2005 rsx-s and it was a great dd... better gas mileage, MUCH less maintenance $$$, more trunkspace (when the rear seats were folded down), smoother transmission, less noisy, and most of all, much more comfortable.

Evo is hands down a better performer, but you sacrifice practicality and comfort.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

If you're on a tight budget, get the RSX. You might end up with high maitenence cost for the evo that you might not be able to afford.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Well, after 9 months of waiting and having to put up with a lot of BS; There is a good chance I could deploy. BTW, I want to deploy, I was starting to give up hope.

If I do deploy, an Evo IX it is!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

EVO will easily take the win...
A smart thing for you to do is...I say go drive them both and compare them... see what you really want out of the car and what you are planning to do with the car.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

well i traded in my 02 rsx type-s for my 03 evo and i never looked back, i would take the evo over it anyday. My rsx had so many problems i dont even know where to start. im glad i got rid of it but i wouldnt of mind having both.

Quick Reply: RSX type-S or Evo VIII