Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What to get?
RSX type-S
13.70%
Evolution VIII
86.30%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

RSX type-S or Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RSX type-S or Evo VIII

Another one of those threads guys. Anyways, I need a daily driver. I narrowed it down to 2 choices. I have don't want to spend more than 20k.

RSX type-S

Any year is fine as long as it's clean and has low miles. Great looking car and not as expensive as an Evo. Less $$ for car = More $$ for mods.

Evolution VIII

I understand I won't find anything newer than a 8 with low miles for 20k, so I won't even try. Great looking car with great power. It will, however, cost me a lot to get it looking the way I want it.

I'm pending deployment orders, so I won't be ready for a couple months before I can buy. It would suck to buy a car, get deployed and have to leave it in storage for 8 months. Any input is highly appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Remixx02
Another one of those threads guys. Anyways, I need a daily driver. I narrowed it down to 2 choices. I have don't want to spend more than 20k.

RSX type-S

Any year is fine as long as it's clean and has low miles. Great looking car and not as expensive as an Evo. Less $$ for car = More $$ for mods.

Evolution VIII

I understand I won't find anything newer than a 8 with low miles for 20k, so I won't even try. Great looking car with great power. It will, however, cost me a lot to get it looking the way I want it.

I'm pending deployment orders, so I won't be ready for a couple months before I can buy. It would suck to buy a car, get deployed and have to leave it in storage for 8 months. Any input is highly appreciated.
They are both great cars. Flip a coin.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Modify that RSX all you want, I'd take a stock Evo 8 any day of the week.

Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Modify that RSX all you want, I'd take a stock Evo 8 any day of the week.

helllllllllzzzzzzz yeas

n plus the blindspots are regiculous in the rsx
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I voted for the RSX just to be different This is an Evo board, we obviously all chose it instead of the RSX (and everything else in the price range for that matter). Go test-drive both and figure out which one you like the best. The Evo will be faster and handle better, but the RSX will be more reliable and get better gas mileage. If you decide on the RSX over the Evo find a used '06 Civic Si instead.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

I know, it is an Evo board. But clubRSX forums suck and all the bike forums don't really like cars. So this is the best place to post.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Hope you're not a troll.. but yes, it's an evo forum.

I can't think of many things I like better in the RSX versus an Evo. I have a friend or two with them.. and no, they are completely different cars.

I would also take a stock evo any day of the week compared to the rsx. Hatchbacks have poor visibility. FWD does suck. 4 doors is an added convenience. Power.. not even comparable. Sure you can slap on a turbo and make the rsx pretty darned quick... but you are certainly doing something more "radical" to your RSX. I also do not find the interior too fantastic in the RSX either.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Option C - save you money until you are out. Till then just get something that is good for daily driving and is cheap to own. Why get something expensive when you are not going to drive it a lot? Evos will be around for a while. Its not like they all will turn into pumpkins at any point.

My .02 - Id rather drive my car everyday in the snow than sit her for 8 months without moving or starting her.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I put in a request to deploy. There is a good chance I won't deploy because my officers put in bad recommendations. They say they can't afford to lose me at work.

That's why I'm waiting a few months. The request "expires" after some time.

I also forgot to mention this will be my first "real" car.

As far as getting out, I won't. I'm doing 20 years.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah those "imaginary" cars can be a real PTA.

D - if you get shipped out, wait. If not - buy an Evo! (Best of both worlds).
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:22 PM

if you can deal with workin on the car and being true to what a tuner is...a car that needs to be tuned/tinkered with on a somewhat frequent basis then go for the evo. if youre a pansy about messing with cars or just are too lazy and dont want to mess with it then go for the rsx
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

I used to own one before my 8. All "mugenized" ,jdm parts to the max with some basic bolt ons. And it won best acura at a San diego car show, real head turner.
I test drove an evo, the next day I traded the rsx.
basically, if you want a car that will be a blast to drive- be it the canyons or the freeway,mod friendly and TORQUE,go with the evo.
I really can't think of reasons why you should choose the rsx.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

GET THE EVO! I had a 2002 Celica GTS that ran side by side with Type-S all day long and in my opinion are faster and better overall. Well it was fine for a couple years and then I got a chance at a 2003 Evo 8! BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! The evo is so much more fun to drive on a daily basis! You can drive normal and it does fairly good, and then you can beat the hell out of it and it just begs for more the whole time! Its not as reliable but who gives a ****, the fun you will have will outweight that by so much you wont care! My mom hates my evo and threatened to get rid of it, THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAR WILL EVER GO! No car can take the place of the evo as far as performance and fun while driving it! And everyone loves the evo (minus STI owners), but you will never get ragged on for owning an evo!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:09 PM

First of all, how can you even compare them? :\

Evo FTMFW!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

I love working on projects/vehicles. I spend a lot of hours working on my bike every week.

I'm already use to having to do a lot of maintenance on my bike, so I'm sure it won't be as much on a car.

Quick Reply: RSX type-S or Evo VIII