Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wing is removed right now. I love how it looks. When I'm in the mood I put it back on.

As for cops, I've had my Evo since November 2006 and have yet to be pulled over. Knock on wood.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

No cops, no ricer flybys, it's great.

Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

i just got a wing again , love the look woo hoo.....so far didn't get tickets, i do get hella noticed now though, cops tend to jump out just to get behind you, i guess they runnin plates because they have nothing better to do, than normally after a few minutes they turn off.....but i took the front tints off for now as well, i dont need any more pointless tickets...evo note is payment enough
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
No cops, no ricer flybys, it's great.

nice mug shot
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

i dont have time to read the entire thread since im in class, but what are people doing to get rid of the holes in the rear of the trunk besides filling/painting or a CF trunk? Any plugs out there?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO KING295
i dont have time to read the entire thread since im in class, but what are people doing to get rid of the holes in the rear of the trunk besides filling/painting or a CF trunk? Any plugs out there?
I must have read two dozen wing removal threads over the last two years, and IIRC people have variously tried having them filled professionally, putting plastic hardware-store plugs into them, using colored magnetic tape or electrical tape, using (plastic?) sign material, leaving them uncovered or getting a smaller wing that lines up with the holes.

I think the cheapest and easiest might be colored electrical tape, although it will leave some trivial glue residue.

One money-making idea for someone on this forum would be to make some nifty colored or black carbon-fiber, or machined aluminum, strips with studs under them that line up with the wing holes. That could look kinda cool, done properly.

Also of note is the fact that the holes do not drain into the trunk; they drain into the OEM rain gutters, making water a non-issue even if you do leave them uncovered. (Just watch out for rust if the paint around the holes gets chipped.)
Old Jan 29, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I always wondered if these would work.... my friend has them on his porsche turbo

http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

I dont obey the laws in any sort of way. You just have to know where and when you arent going to be seen (or rather where you could make a faster getaway then a police interceptor can) before you drive crazy.

If people are going to ***** out and take off the wing they should NOT have an Evo under ANY circumstances. Its maybe as stupid as starting a fuel economy thread about our cars....

Wait nvm nothing is as stupid as that.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJedi77
If people are going to ***** out and take off the wing they should NOT have an Evo under ANY circumstances. Its maybe as stupid as starting a fuel economy thread about our cars....
I have no wing and I've gotten over 350 miles to a tank.

I guess I'm the **** in your corn flakes.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
I have no wing and I've gotten over 350 miles to a tank.

I guess I'm the **** in your corn flakes.
Probably.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO KING295
I always wondered if these would work.... my friend has them on his porsche turbo

http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

Now this may be a useful post... anyone know the diameter of the holes left from removing your wing?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
Now this may be a useful post... anyone know the diameter of the holes left from removing your wing?
On their site it says that as long as it's not larger than 1/4in it will fit...In for some info as well
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uSmC_08
On their site it says that as long as it's not larger than 1/4in it will fit...In for some info as well
I believe they sell different sizes as well..... hmmm
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:24 PM

Had my 9 for two months now. I have been pulled over 3 times. I am 30 and usually have my 3 year old son with me (so it isn't speeding). Twice I was told that it was a routine traffic stop and once was not wearing my seat belt. I have a feeling the seatbelt came up after the fact the cop had it in his mind to pull me over. I have zero points on my liscense and my last speeding ticket was in '98. Last cop that pulled me over said that if I had a clean driving record he would just let me off with a warning. I asked him a warning for what? I didn't do anything. LOL He just gave me a **** eating grin and sent me on my way.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That small wing looks fantastic. How did it bolt on? Did it fit in the larger wings holes? Thanks

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention