Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you mean the low black wing, the holes should line up, but the low wing has a center pillar that, if you want to attach it, requires drilling another hole or two. I had a low wing from Spoiler Depot (Google it) but I had them remove the center pillar.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

The Lancer Ralliart had a lower wing with no center pillar, I've only seen 2-3 Evo's on here with it though.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
The Lancer Ralliart had a lower wing with no center pillar, I've only seen 2-3 Evo's on here with it though.
It actually came on the Evos OE back in the early run of the 03 models
Old Jan 30, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
took my wing off and cops dont even look at my car even when im running my exhaust cut out. best decision i made
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

so what are the size of hte holes and do the license plate plugs work?!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XK120
It actually came on the Evos OE back in the early run of the 03 models
The optional low wing on the 2003's was a 3-post.

From way back when...
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AnimalEvo
Had my 9 for two months now. I have been pulled over 3 times. I am 30 and usually have my 3 year old son with me (so it isn't speeding). Twice I was told that it was a routine traffic stop and once was not wearing my seat belt. I have a feeling the seatbelt came up after the fact the cop had it in his mind to pull me over. I have zero points on my liscense and my last speeding ticket was in '98. Last cop that pulled me over said that if I had a clean driving record he would just let me off with a warning. I asked him a warning for what? I didn't do anything. LOL He just gave me a **** eating grin and sent me on my way.
OT but isnt not wearing a seat belt a secondary offense? I know it is in florida, but idk about Ohio. Ive not had mine on next to a cop and he looked over and i showed him it was undone, he just rolled down his window and said, "just put it on so i dont have to tail you for 3 miles.". i said ok
Old Jan 30, 2008, 06:25 PM

bought my car had the wing for about 3 months took it off to stop the attention, had the same amount of negative attention, so f* it, i put it back on.......
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
OT but isnt not wearing a seat belt a secondary offense? I know it is in florida, but idk about Ohio. Ive not had mine on next to a cop and he looked over and i showed him it was undone, he just rolled down his window and said, "just put it on so i dont have to tail you for 3 miles.". i said ok
I quess not anymore. I thought it was but a new law took effect after the first of the year.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I left the wing on the ride, shiet that's what makes and evosis an evosis, son!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Rexpeed ftw.Screw the haters I can finally see out my back window.

Last edited by ImJoey; Feb 19, 2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

i have a red IX rs. no wing. no attention. theres been 3 times that ive been speeding and the cop pulled the other guy over. in fact, i dont even think RICERS know what my car is. i rev my engine(stock exhaust) try to race and they laugh. then they finally go ahead and race, and precede to sh@t their pants.
i do, however, get attention from idiots in suvs tailgating me, but then again, who doesnt?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Evo with Evo wing = Evo

Evo without Evo wing = lancer.

it is as simple as that no matter what excuses you people come up with.

Its like me buying an M3 CSL and tearing out the carbon fiber roof to put in a regular one + sunroof. Then throwing led weights in the trunk. Then changing the tires. It would no longer be special like its supposed to be...I just dont know what to say to everyone defacing their cars like this.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Almost 36 and have never had a problem, and yes I am a Sales professional. Anyone who has asked about it I have just told it comes that way from Mitsubishi and give them a ride and the understand why it's there. Of course my Evo is far from stock, but really I dont care what others think as long as it's clean and doesn't have stickers all over it will be fine, Maybe my Evo being Apex Silver also helps it look more less wild and more common.
But really people even if you take the wing off it still has a huge agressive hood with a hole in the hood. Widebody fenders and big Brembo brakes and wide tires, Kinda hard to think is a regular car.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe it's just me what negative attention do you people get. I dont understand what everyone is talking about. Is it people think its a riced out civic if so Fu##'em theyre stupid. You know what your driving. Is it because people all want to race you. Fine let them WANT.... Please let me know if it's other things besides your own feelings of not being accpeted, because it seems the negative attention as I seem to here is people giving a crap what other people think. If it's that Big of a concern to you dont own a RallyCar

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention