Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chad99evo
i have a red IX rs. no wing. no attention. theres been 3 times that ive been speeding and the cop pulled the other guy over. in fact, i dont even think RICERS know what my car is. i rev my engine(stock exhaust) try to race and they laugh. then they finally go ahead and race, and precede to sh@t their pants.
i do, however, get attention from idiots in suvs tailgating me, but then again, who doesnt?

your a tool
stop street racing honda civics and thinkin your car is the sh*t..... of course your gonna win
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Maybe it's just me what negative attention do you people get. I dont understand what everyone is talking about. Is it people think its a riced out civic if so Fu##'em theyre stupid. You know what your driving. Is it because people all want to race you. Fine let them WANT.... Please let me know if it's other things besides your own feelings of not being accpeted, because it seems the negative attention as I seem to here is people giving a crap what other people think. If it's that Big of a concern to you dont own a RallyCar
not so much the people that bother me cause like you said who cares, but being pulled over for no reason and cops constantly harassing and following me around running my plates every time they see me and telling me I ran a stop sign that doesn;t exist and all the other b.s. attempts to ticket me for my car and not for doing something wrong is what really gets me and im sure im not the only one.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

most cops don't know what evos are so they are going to be looking out for that huge wing. I personally like the smaller spoilers that were offered on the 03 evo's...could be an option
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

My car is bright blue with polished black wheels and yellow calipers. So mine kind of sticks out anyway, but I often take it off for a few weeks at a time. It gives it a total different feel.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulled my wing off... too many damn holes, with one large diameter one on the passenger's side. Guess I'll cut some Carbon fiber film to some type of design until I get them filled. Will probably have to invest in the RS/Lancer trunk spring too as it wants to take my hand off when I use the key. I really like the look though... guess I also need to find someone who wants a pristine wing with Apex silver sides
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I've actually gotten reved at and messed around with more, with my wing OFF. I don't know, maybe they think it's just a regular Lancer with a loud exhaust. Sometimes I just want to put them in their place but this always happens when there are other cars around and I don't street race.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I drove around with an open wastegate, for 6 months with my 2003, car was loud as hell....

tinted windows, no front plate and the cops barely gave me fits, it's all about the area and how you drive your car....

THe only thing i was stopped for was loud exhaust and even then some of them just wanted to see what it was and how much work i had done to it..
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcias2k
My car is bright blue with polished black wheels and yellow calipers. So mine kind of sticks out anyway, but I often take it off for a few weeks at a time. It gives it a total different feel.
Why in the world would you paint your calipers Yellow?????
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:14 AM

Keep the wing, guys.

I think it makes the Evo look way more aggressive and bada$$.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I just got tired of the "boy racer" look... then again, my 16 year old son loves it
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostedMKIV
Keep the wing, guys.

I think it makes the Evo look way more aggressive and bada$$.
thats why i'm getting rid of it. I got nothing to prove.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, de-engineering the car is a great idea.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Took mine off today. Think I'll look for a small wing. Car looks "odd" w/out the wing, but I'm feeling my age and it needs to go. Still love this car everytime I drive it! Maybe I'll keep it longer now that it's wingless. Looks a little more "professional" now, if that's what is important to you. It is to me.

Mike
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Deck spoiler is also an option... of course that means filling holes. Or finding an Evo envious Lancer that wants to swap decklids...
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Problem solved, just ordered from Ebay, for about $130 shipped, a small , GG , lancer spoiler. Should have looked for one of these years ago.

MIKE

..now my 16 year old will be pissed-off, too, Zeus!

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention