Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008 | 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

try a regular lancer wing.... i went wingless, thought i had a honda civic with funky fenders....the smaller wing is a decent compromise IMO & you can still see whats behind you out the rearview mirror.

btw, this was the 1st mod i made to my car!!

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Feb 3, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 12:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by mike127
Problem solved, just ordered from Ebay, for about $130 shipped, a small , GG , lancer spoiler. Should have looked for one of these years ago.

MIKE

..now my 16 year old will be pissed-off, too, Zeus!

I'm going to fill the holes, or get another deck lid... then it's a little something like this from Rexpeed:

Hope they don't mind me using their picture... then again, they are vendors here...
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJedi77
Evo with Evo wing = Evo

Evo without Evo wing = lancer.

it is as simple as that no matter what excuses you people come up with.
So I guess all the RS owners actually bought a Lancer, huh?

Old Feb 4, 2008 | 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
Yeah, de-engineering the car is a great idea.
Yeah its funny how RS's are de-engineered from the factory.

i could really care less if people think i drive a regular lancer.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Feb 4, 2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If you actually care what other people "think" about you or your property, you are WAY too damn young to be in the conversation. Not a shot, but an observation as it's obvious that there are two types of people removing the functional "boy-racer" wing. There are those wanting less attention from law enforcement/ricers, and those who are too damn old to care about a few lbs of down force in a STREET car and want less attention of any kind. Unfortunately, I fall into the latter group... Oh, then there are the drag racers, but we'll not involve them as they are not a topic of this thread.

Last edited by Zeus; Feb 4, 2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Regular lancers don't come with 4G63 motors.

It's not a regular lancer. Its good both ways.

Last edited by turbo271; Feb 4, 2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

hmm...I haven't been harassed once in my car...ive had it for 6 months, I'm a younger guy, and I live in an area thats notorious for cops harassing teenagers. I have my wing on!
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

people fail to realize that a cop will only harass you if you are driving and acting like an immature idiot on the road, winged or not.

As far as "rednecks" and other people, if you cant learn to ignore them, then trade the car in or kys...
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
If you actually care what other people "think" about you or your property, you are WAY too damn young to be in the conversation. Not a shot, but an observation as it's obvious that there are two types of people removing the functional "boy-racer" wing. There are those wanting less attention from law enforcement/ricers, and those who are too damn old to care about a few lbs of down force in a STREET car and want less attention of any kind. Unfortunately, I fall into the latter group... Oh, then there are the drag racers, but we'll not involve them as they are not a topic of this thread.
Damn Zues couldnt have said it better! I've have been getting so much fodder from my friends about removing my wing, they tell me Ive castrated the Evo, but to me it looks great plus no unwanted attention from 5-0
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
There are those wanting less attention from law enforcement/ricers
Police officers don't give a f*ck about your wing. I've had my Evo about 4yrs. now and have driven it all around Ohio and Chicago a couple times and have never got "attention" or pulled over because of my wing.

Now when your acting like a dumbass in your Evo and get pulled over don't blame it on your wing!

(Zeus don't take it personal, general comment.)
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Question

Probably a stupid question as I have already ordered the Lancer spoiler, but, will it fit in our existing Evo spoiler holes? I assume yes, but any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking of putting some lancer fenders and bumper and trunk and other bumper and hood and doors and back doors and wheels and head lights, but not the tail lights, I don't like them for me. I don't want any more attention from people in STi's, they bother me when they lose. Just kidding!

I think it looks good both ways. Certainly should do whatever makes you feel more comfy when your cruisin. To me, it still looks like an evo, wing or 'less, and it still looks ready to kill the car next to it.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 05:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by mike127
Probably a stupid question as I have already ordered the Lancer spoiler, but, will it fit in our existing Evo spoiler holes? I assume yes, but any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike
Yes, but your current trunk has no holes for the third(center) post.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

cops only bother people if your driving to fast which in most chases EVO'S are driving way to fast. Has nothing to do with your wing and if you were doing the speed limit and got a ticket then fight it. Get tired of hearing that cop harrass more evo's with wings on them.
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Smile

Brian H: The one I ordered is for the newer Lancers w/no center post. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention