Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not noticed any change with my rear wing removed. I did pick up 2 seconds at the road race track with no other changes besided being less sucky of a driver.

I love not getting all the attention I was getting with the wing. Dont get me wrong I love evos with and with out a wing. But after getting mine removed and a small lip put on it made all the difference to me in the world. Looks less boy racer, and more tame....

Before

After
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

cops are pretty cool here, the only time I've gotten pulled over was the first week I had the evo, after that no looks at from them due to me not doin something stupid, I'm also red and winged lol

I remember coming home on the highway doin 90mph and two sheriffs sped up to me took a quick glance and took off, weird night, I thought for sure I was gettin a ticket
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:12 PM

Maybe it's just where I live, but I can't believe how many of you are basically saying you're being harrassed because you have a wing on your EVO.

If you don't drive like a moron and keep to yourself, there should be no reason for Johnny Law, or any other person for that matter, to give you a second look. Besides, many other cars came with OEM spoilers, not just EVO's.

I didn't pay $30K + for a car only to leave gaping holes in the trunk after removing the wing to attract less attention.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I think the EVo looks like a neutered dog without the wing....like something is supposed to be there but someone cleaved it....looks too tame.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

I've never been pulled over in my evo and I'm always doing 80- 90mph everywhere. I have my wing, 3" TBE, cams, bigger FMIC, no front license plate, tinted windows, etc... and I'm latino in SoCal...lol
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WINGLESS FTW mang!!!
Old Jun 6, 2009, 07:14 PM

Leave it!

Whether you have a wing or not, your driving style will get the attention of the Police?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by projectevo9
I've never been pulled over in my evo and I'm always doing 80- 90mph everywhere. I have my wing, 3" TBE, cams, bigger FMIC, no front license plate, tinted windows, etc... and I'm latino in SoCal...lol
The clocks ticking my friend. If you're really doing 80-90 you'll be pulled over within the next week or so. Never seen so many CHP on SoCal freeways in my life just until recently.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:29 PM

you better be doing everything right when you are on the road if you have an evo. Cops are just waiting to pull you over.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by abdizzle
The clocks ticking my friend. If you're really doing 80-90 you'll be pulled over within the next week or so. Never seen so many CHP on SoCal freeways in my life just until recently.
I've been in SoCal near three years now and nothing yet I'll keep you posted. Ill probably find my way out of it anyway...

Last edited by projectevo9; Jun 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by projectevo9
I've been in SoCal near three years now and nothing yet I'll keep you posted. Ill probably find my way out of it anyway...
Yeah man you're getting lucky. I have friends getting pulled over around here for doing 73 in a 65. They are out revenue collecting like no other. I've literally spotted half a dozen cops giving speeding citations over a 10 miles stretch of the 5 freeway.

Loud Evo with a big *** wing = instant profiling ticket.

Goodluck and drive safe man.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put on an evo spoiler on my OZ and I haven't noticed any extra attention other than my friends being able to recoginize my lancer among some of the normal ones.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by abdizzle
Yeah man you're getting lucky. I have friends getting pulled over around here for doing 73 in a 65. They are out revenue collecting like no other. I've literally spotted half a dozen cops giving speeding citations over a 10 miles stretch of the 5 freeway.

Loud Evo with a big *** wing = instant profiling ticket.

Goodluck and drive safe man.
I know man last 2 weeks were crazy. It supposed to come down this week I heard. Just keep it bellow 80...you should be fine.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
IMO - The wing and the vortex generator finish out the back end of the evo. Period.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:33 PM

ever since ive been wingless cops dont take a second look at my car.. wingless is the way to go if you dont wanna get hassled...especially in california

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention