Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remove the Wing=Less attention

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Took mine off and now I ride stealth
Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingless FTW that's why I love my RS. My Co-worker thought I drove a lancer rallisport lol.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

The Evo wing is so nice. Wingless looks good, but the OEM wing goes so well with the car.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jestoy7
The Evo wing is so nice. Wingless looks good, but the OEM wing goes so well with the car.
It depends what angle you're looking at it from...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

What angle would you disagree it doesn't go? just curious, all personal preference.

For example, I think the EVO VIII/IX wing goes better with the car than the previous Evos or even the STIs. Some of the wings on the older Evos and STIs do not flow with the car as well.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

What angle would you disagree it doesn't go? just curious, all personal preference.

For example, I think the EVO VIII/IX wing goes better with the car than the previous Evos or even the STIs. Some of the wings on the older Evos and STIs do not flow with the car as well.

I don't like how it looks from the side angle. It looks off, IMO.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

I love my wing! Now that we got that out of the way.....If it wasn't the all cf VIII spoiler I would take it off. The rexspeed lip spoiler looks sick IMO but I got to ask WTF is up with this wing

That wing is FUGLY IMO...No offense to anyone running it, just definitely not my taste.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

That's the rexpeed Type C Spoiler... I run that, however COLORMATCHED on a tarmac black evo 8. I get compliments on it looking OEM, and that from the side, the lines match up with the lines in the rear quarterpanels... Next good cleaning, I'll snap and share a picture or two. It looks great. Not a fan of it mismatched (even if it is CF)... I also wouldn't miss my rear view being obstructed.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not a fan of the shorty spoiler (for example the FQ-260).
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I can vouch for this. I love the wingless look
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I get revved on all the time...I get everything from honda prelude owners to vette owners with something to prove......If I changed the way my car looked because that I'd be a punk.

If the cops harrass you thats one thing but I just smile a the idiots that try me. If its a open road and its late I may give them a fireball or 3 but for the most part people with really fast cars that I know rarely fell the need to show off to other car owners. I do the speed limit most of the time unelss I'm in the mood to drive aggressively.

I got one ticket in my car and my wife got one in it as well. Both times we were speeding but so was everyone else. I'm sure the loud *** car and color helped pick us out but I was still breaking the speed limit so how mad could I really be.

If anything since I've made the car faster I rarely feel the need to get on it as there are less and less situations that make those actions "worth it". The fast I make the car....the slower I drive it (How backwards is that), LOL. I feel bad for those of you that get profiled...its no different then DWB to me and thats BS too.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:26 PM

my wing is coming off this weekend. I'm curious if it will make me blend in better.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:43 PM
AMF

Personal preference imo. All depends on the cops on how they judge you ( the driver ) not the car really. If you look like you're 16, even tho you drive a kia with autozone spinnas, you'd still get their attention I got pulled over once, and the cop told me that my wing is illegal. I whipped out my manual and showed it to him, I said 'me no peak engrish ... look here.' f***in chicken fly lice.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

This & that below.
Attached Thumbnails Remove the Wing=Less attention-evo2.jpg  

Last edited by phishy; Mar 27, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

When I removed my wing around a year ago the rear-end of the car looks so short and tiny. And stupid. I love the wing. It does attract attention but it looks great on the car. It does flow very well as someone above said.

I'm in the minority here but I like the stock wing look. Other wings to me look st00pid.

Quick Reply: Remove the Wing=Less attention