Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Race To Glory Is On...who Is Top Dog?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2003, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by designmanfx
i didnt say those were the only choices.... i just named a few people... WHHY dont you call out the top dog?
Yo designmanfx,

Nice set of wheels you got goin on there ... would you mind revealing the weight per wheel?

In regard to racing .............. you guyz tell me where I'm going to find a curvy race track ... and I'll meet ya there. I agree with this but you have to consider that it's just allot easier to drag. BTW, let Al brag all he wants .... he spends just about every waking molment making his car faster ... so of course he's going to have an ego to go along with it. It be like one of you suckin' *** at somethin' u fight to be the best ... ain't happinin...
Old Jul 27, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

I wish I could be that cocky right now. God damn 10 sec car!!!
Old Jul 27, 2003, 06:42 PM
Account Disabled

How about...There's a zillion EVO's running 10's ...just not in the US. Alot of the top tuning companies haven't been focuses on their EVO 8 that much. AMS is finally around to upgrading their turbo... The people that paid over 5G for the HKS kit are going to be kicking themselves when they could buy a bigger/better setup from AMS for less.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Ferarrokid also has a really fast car...He just doesen't go on the board and spout his mouth like Al. But last I check he blew his diff.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

i think you should remove your #1 claim... or at least change it to #1 on Evolutionm.net

and whoever said he has a 10 second car... he doesn't... i haven't heard about a 10 second pass yet...
Old Jul 28, 2003, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

5SSuzuki Ferarrokid also has a really fast car...He just doesen't go on the board and spout his mouth like Al. But last I check he blew his diff

Hey man thanks for the props ! ! the car has been running awesome ! ! made some changes .. mostly to improve on reliability .. but picked up some power in the proccess ! ! I should be getting to the track very soon, and I know it's going to run a good number ! ! ... as for "blowing" up .. the only thing that broke was the front diff . . and I was able to still drive the car ! !
Old Jul 28, 2003, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

I thought it was Pruuven that did most of the tuning....and Al that did most of the bragging....

fwiw, If Al won the DSM shootout 1/4 mile Evo class, I believe he deserves use of the "#1 in the US" claim.

SC~

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Jul 28, 2003 at 05:34 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 06:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
really, some of these guys should calm down with the TOP DOG ****. I cant agree more with the comment about the EVO being a track car , roadcourse, not drag car. I can always admire a fast 1/4 mile timeslip, but the truth is that turning and shifting, braking and sliding takes WAY more talent than going straight for seconds at a time. So the fastest is a term that's relative.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 06:55 AM
Account Disabled

Well...Why not see if someone can contend against some street legal V8's? Al has the fastest evolution in the US...but considering the evolution hasn't even been out for a year...who cares? (Check out Modified mag...DSM Shootout AL ISN'T LISTED AS THE RECORD HOLDER...haha To bad you didn't drive the car) I just like seeing 2.0L's running 11's which is phenominal! Considering some people on this board has stock turbo's, stock blocks and are running 11's...thats impressive. Al makes it seem like he has the fastest car on earth. All he wants to do is bash his competitors and other types of cars...why? Imports...domestics...who cares? I like talking to other evo owners...to help get my car faster and see their cars run faster times.

So lets see Al get rocked by some stock Z06's! shoot: (I was going to buy a Z06...but couldn't afford insurance while in college.)

Saturday 9/6: Englishtown Racewaypark... Street Wars Challenge 3. All Street Muffled Detroit vs. Import Battle. All cars must be streetable and meet noise regulations. Open 9AM, Eliminations 1PM.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Even though I lovwe the guys at AMS - - I got to say - yeah your right - it was stupid - I shouldn't have spent 4900 on the HKS kit - - AMS is comming out with an infearior kit I could have saved 900 and picked that one up for 4000 - what a tool I was! next time I wont buy the best turbo in the world - i'll get something that aint as good and save a few $$
Slow down there Al. You are way off base here. Inferior? Please explain. Also your HKS kit cost 5k and included the exact same things the AMS kit did?

And best turbo in the world? Come on now the 3037 is decent at best. There a better wheel Garrett wheel combos out there that can get you more HP with equal spool. More often than not these big name JDM turbo companies couldn’t put the right combination of wheels together if their life depended on it. It looks to me like the AMS kit is going to allow you to bolt on any conventional turbo. This way if you need a bigger or smaller turbo the turbo itself is going to be pretty cheap to replace.

Last but not least even for a baller like you a thousand bucks is a decent amount. Turning down your nose because the kit isn’t coming from an over rated JDM company is dumb and to your detrement.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:15 AM

holy ****, lots of haterade in this thread going both ways. CALM THE **** DOWN BOYS! It ain't that big of a deal.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ferrarokid
5SSuzuki Ferarrokid also has a really fast car...He just doesen't go on the board and spout his mouth like Al. But last I check he blew his diff

Hey man thanks for the props ! ! the car has been running awesome ! ! made some changes .. mostly to improve on reliability .. but picked up some power in the proccess ! ! I should be getting to the track very soon, and I know it's going to run a good number ! ! ... as for "blowing" up .. the only thing that broke was the front diff . . and I was able to still drive the car ! !
Good luck man!!! Hope you do great ! Let me know when and where you are going - I'd love to try you on for size again! You know it really sucks that there are NO other EVO VIII's that are fast enouh to give me a challange

BTW - I am thinking of holding a invitational AWD turbo car challange at a track rental day so fast sub 11 sec times can be done without a cage - I will post up the info here soon if I can work out the details
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rdrkt

Slow down there Al. You are way off base here. Inferior? Please explain. Also your HKS kit cost 5k and included the exact same things the AMS kit did?

And best turbo in the world? Come on now the 3037 is decent at best. There a better wheel Garrett wheel combos out there that can get you more HP with equal spool. More often than not these big name JDM turbo companies couldn’t put the right combination of wheels together if their life depended on it. It looks to me like the AMS kit is going to allow you to bolt on any conventional turbo. This way if you need a bigger or smaller turbo the turbo itself is going to be pretty cheap to replace.

Last but not least even for a baller like you a thousand bucks is a decent amount. Turning down your nose because the kit isn’t coming from an over rated JDM company is dumb and to your detrement.
AMS is a great company with great products and great people - - however - to assert that I got screwed or made a mistake to buy a time tested and world wide proven set up like the HKS evo vii 3037 kit instead of waitinmg for the not yet released AMS turbo kit - - to me thats just silly

To each their own - after making my own Gt30 set up the last time on my suby - - to me there is nothing finer and better made than the HKS stuff - to me its worth a few extra $$$ - - however - eeryone has his/ her own opinion
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Al talks a lot on this board, but he's very calm in person. I will say one thing though, from what I saw at the shootout, he can't drive for crap. A 12.9 from his car is weak and it cost him the finals at Norwalk. My EVO went 13.0 with only a test pipe and intake, pulling a 1.76 60' w/ stock clutch. I'm sure the car will go 11's with the stock turbo and IC, so honestly I'm not impressed by a car that has an upgraded turbo, IC, reflash, etc. that goes 11.6. Sorry, just not impressed.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hey AL, whats happening ? nice times/mph ! ! finally got the teins' in & the car is sitting nice -n- low ! ! work has been out of control crazy .. not leaving much time for the evo .. I think the track rental would be a great idea .. maybe a little barbecue ? catch ya' soon ! ! !