Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Race To Glory Is On...who Is Top Dog?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who the hell cares. Drag racing mostly comes down to who has the most money or sponsors so what you are saying Is I have more money to spend on my car then you. Who gives a **** who the "top dog" is anyways?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ferrarokid
Hey AL, whats happening ? nice times/mph ! ! finally got the teins' in & the car is sitting nice -n- low ! ! work has been out of control crazy .. not leaving much time for the evo .. I think the track rental would be a great idea .. maybe a little barbecue ? catch ya' soon ! ! !
I just have to figure out all the details and the day - it will be very cheap and where it will be there will be no cage hassels - no lines and no limit on the number of runs - I'm going to see about a Porsche division as well for jimmy and maybe you can bring down some porsche entrants as well - -=- - - I just have to decide wether to limit it to a select few by invitation or if i should turn it into a open challange and let anyone who comes go for the prize - - I think it could be a lot of fun - but it will invlove some time as its at least 300 miles away from NY
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rdrkt

Slow down there Al. You are way off base here. Inferior? Please explain. Also your HKS kit cost 5k and included the exact same things the AMS kit did?

And best turbo in the world? Come on now the 3037 is decent at best. There a better wheel Garrett wheel combos out there that can get you more HP with equal spool. More often than not these big name JDM turbo companies couldn’t put the right combination of wheels together if their life depended on it. It looks to me like the AMS kit is going to allow you to bolt on any conventional turbo. This way if you need a bigger or smaller turbo the turbo itself is going to be pretty cheap to replace.

Last but not least even for a baller like you a thousand bucks is a decent amount. Turning down your nose because the kit isn’t coming from an over rated JDM company is dumb and to your detrement.

I agree, Al, got mad love for u homie but it's true, I have to agree with rdrkt - making claim hks is #1 is a little over the top... they have good stuff but i wouldnt go as far as saying #1. Maybe due to popular culture, the name holds value but like you said in later posts - everyone to their own opinion.

Al - where u going to host your dsm shootout? Maybe I'll come spectate or bring my whooptie if it isn't too far.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Twin-Scroll
Who the hell cares. Drag racing mostly comes down to who has the most money or sponsors so what you are saying Is I have more money to spend on my car then you. Who gives a **** who the "top dog" is anyways?

I wasn't talking about drag racing.... to clarify i just wanted to get a gauge of who everyone thinks is running quickest..best handling..show points etc.. no self appointment . . . LOL

i DIDNT come on here to start a war or see whose u know what is bigger than who evers... So quit it please...
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Check my thread about Evo wishlists... All of that WILL be on my car before long.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 09:00 AM

I feel like I am reading off of Supraforums........
Old Jul 29, 2003, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

And down the tubes goes another Al thread....

SC~