Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

UPDATE* Operation Evo Restore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE* Operation Evo Restore

Well it's been a month or so since I got the Evo back from Extreme Motorsports (evom's newest vendor ) so I thought I would let everyone know how it's running and give you an update on the rest of the situation.

I picked up the Evo approximately a week after my wifes grandmother passed away, I only regret that she didnt live to see it finished. However we were very pleased with the work that was done on it, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the car to start a few little projects for it, mainly finishing the restoration work,and getting the car 100% back on all fronts, not just running like a champ. The car runs amazing and is very fast, my partner in crime L3it3r, (he was the one that drove to wyoming with me to get the car) was the first one to drive it besides myself and said it felt like the car jsut wanted to go! I couldn't be more happy with the work Sean and the guys at Extreme did to it. Anywho, I had the car for a week or 2 and right away got bit by the mod bug (go figure) Flipping through the for sale section here, I found a guy local to me selling some parts. (Thanks Spoolking! ) I originally went just to pick up his turbo smart BOV , but ending up leaving his house with a 3" turbo xs turboback, the injen shotram with cold side pipes and CF HVAC and gauge piece with the gauges for in it too! Luckily the wife said it was ok but now I'm not getting anything for my Bday in March.

So after getting everything installed I've been driving the Evo, and not even thinking about my SRT-4, except how can I sell it faster. Well for the most part that day came today. I got a deposit for it from a guy in NJ and he's coming to look at it in person on Saturday, so thats some good news! But wait there's more!
The other week my wifes grandfather got a call from Discover Card, the card we used to buy pretty much everything from this whole fiasco, was in her grandmothers name. Upon her death, everything that was on the card before she passsed away would be WIPED OFF THE CARD!! This was some of he greatest news we had heard in along time. After everything, I believe we had spent close to 6 grand on that card and all but 2300 was wiped away. I told my wife her grandmother still had a few tricks to pull.

BUT, the best news came to about 10pm last night when my wife called me. Her grandfather had been paid a visit from the County Constable this afternoon. Turns out, her cousin who started this whole cluster f*ck has a WARRANT out for his arrest now! Apparently he got caught driving on a suspended liscense, had a court date and never showed up. So being in the Military and having this now on his record, I hope they nail his *** to the wall, more than likely he'll be getting kicked out (at least I'm hoping) he works in the Missle Feilds so he has to have a security clearnace and PRP quals, which will more than likely get taken away for hving a warrant out. So my wife is going to call his First Sergeant tomorrow and enlighten him to the whole situation.

So that's the update for eveyone thats been following my story, I know it's long and quite a read, but if you've followed it from day one, it'll be kind of interesting...lol

original story here

btw thanks to everyone who has shown support for me along the way, my family and I are very appreciative of all the kind words from everyone along this adventure...

Last edited by thestereogod; Jan 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:35 AM
Account Disabled

glad to here everything worked out for you!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
Account Disabled

Wow I remember when this all started as a bad dream that was real. Those pics you had of the evo all tore up were horrible.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

I'll take some more updated pics today of everything that I've done so far
Old Jan 24, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear that the project is coming along well. I'd love to see pics!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

glad to here man, nice
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

wow, nice . I was curious what was happening, thanks for the update! Sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother!

Good luck champ
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

way to go, that was just a waste of a good car
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
extreme motorsports

i would of picked a better shop, ive heard countless bad stories from them
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

thats fuggin awesome man... such a crazy story.. glad things worked out for you! now lets see pics?..... video?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

If you want to ensure his chain of command knows about this I would call or e-mail his battalion CSM or commander. That will ensure it won't get swept under the rug. If he indeed has a warrant out for his arrest I would also let the post MPs know so they could do some investigating and pick his *** up.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
extreme motorsports

i would of picked a better shop, ive heard countless bad stories from them

Have you had a personal experience there? By what you typed it sounds like you're going off heresay. They did an outstanding job, and went above and beyond to keep the price low, and help me out in the situation. Unlike most of the other fly by night shops in this area, Extreme has been around for a very long time, so they must be doing something right...

But this thread isn't about that, so lets not bring it up again

Last edited by thestereogod; Jan 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
If you want to ensure his chain of command knows about this I would call or e-mail his battalion CSM or commander. That will ensure it won't get swept under the rug. If he indeed has a warrant out for his arrest I would also let the post MPs know so they could do some investigating and pick his *** up.
yea I thought about that too...might just call his Colonel....

I'm a prior SF in the AF and now I'm an MP in the CG.

Last edited by thestereogod; Jan 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear all is working out!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

i would say if nothing else he would definitely lose his PRP status after getting in trouble like that.

don't know the whole story but sounds like things are on the upswing for you, congrats!