Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

new to evo...... 3 lights lite on traction...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to evo...... 3 lights lite on traction...

hey guys i have a question i am having problems with my traction control when i start my car only one light is lite on my guage cluster and when i start driving all three light on the cluster light up. has anybody ever had that problem? if so what did you do?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

You mean the Tarmac/gravel/snow lights? All 3 lights lit indicates a problem like air in the system or maybe low fluid perhaps? When you first start the car all three lights come on for a second then one remains lit.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Do you mean your ACD? I dont have it myself but I seem to recall it not being a good thing when they are all on. If you are talking about the ACD just do a quick search and see what comes up!!!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:12 PM

only one light is on when i turn the car on and when i start driving then all three light turn on...... sorry and yes the acd is what am talking about new to this car always had a honda didnt have to worry about different traction settings haha
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Try checking the fluid, the reservoir is next to the drivers headlight, otherwise you may have to bleed it. Has it had a clutch job recently? If so, air may have entered the system if the ACD fliuid line was disconnected from the T/C. There is a process involving either applying voltage to the pump itself or using the ignition key and bleeding it using the nipple on the T/C im not sure though exactly how. Search the forums on how to do it OR...take it to mistu. Good luck bro.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:02 AM

am not sure if it has had a new clutch put in but i will bleed the t/c thank u everyone for all ur help
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dirtyevo8
am not sure if it has had a new clutch put in but i will bleed the t/c thank u everyone for all ur help
Its actually not as easy as you might think, you cant just bleed it like brakes. Theres a tool that needs to be used, or i thought i read another way of doing it which involved turning the key on and pumping the gas pedal in a certain sequence but im not sure

EDIT- didnt read all of skywarps post sorry

Last edited by blackevoguy; Jan 25, 2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:39 PM

just take it to the dealer and they will reset it for you. mine is doing the same thing. i believe i read somewhere that it has to do with the acd over heating. at tempratures above freezing (ambient temps) all 3 lights wil come on, but if it is below freezing only one light will stay on and you can scroll between all 3 settings or atleast that is what is happening with mine. it is not as serious as you think, just look it up in your manual.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Probably an air issue or something I believe, however if those ****'s start blinking, stop the car and dont drive it. Id take it straight to a dealer, the ACD is confusing
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

My friends MR had this happen.....He took it to the dealer and I THINK they had to but a new ACD pump in. I THINK!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodude77
just take it to the dealer and they will reset it for you. mine is doing the same thing. i believe i read somewhere that it has to do with the acd over heating. at tempratures above freezing (ambient temps) all 3 lights wil come on, but if it is below freezing only one light will stay on and you can scroll between all 3 settings or atleast that is what is happening with mine. it is not as serious as you think, just look it up in your manual.
No.

At temperatures above freezing, you should still be able to scroll through the 3 settings. The Evo is not a "winter only" car.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this problem before, brought it back to the dealer, told me it was a blown fuse. Fixed, and never had a problem again.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:07 PM

where is that fuse at? i will try the little things first before i take it to the dealer all they want is my money haha
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Check your acd fluid.
Do all come on when you corner or brake/accelerate fast?

then check all your fuses / relays.
if that doesn't work , then take it.
I wouldn't drive it like that though, acd is expensive.

good luck.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evodude77
wow...soooo much stuff wrong here. all 3 lights come on when you start the car, then only one remains on. you can scroll through the 3 settings at will unless something's wrong. if all three lights come on and stay on, you've got a problem. temperature has nothing to do with it. that makes no sense at all. i live in louisiana...it NEVER gets below freezing here so by your theory, my ACD should never work... that's just stupid.

Quick Reply: new to evo...... 3 lights lite on traction...