Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so my warranty got denied....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy so my warranty got denied....

So i recently discovered i stil had a few months left on my powertrain warranty on my 03 Evo...i decided to try and get my tranfercase deathwhine fixed before its done for. Brought it in...and the mechanics told me it was my rear diff i know its not my rear diff, its the exact same noise that i had before they replaced my TC a while back...this would have been the 3rd time its been replaced but the service tech calls me back and asks for all my maintenance invoices since i owned the car to show proof that i did all of it. But i used to work at jiffy lube and did all the services myself...so i was out of luck.

first of all without taking the drivetrain apart, how would they know its the rear diff? he says he hears it at the rear but i remember reading something about the sound being transfered down the driveshaft so it ends up sounding like from the rear.

well either way i have a whiny TC still

gonna be trying to sell the evo soon, and ima take my sisters STi. not gonna be buying another mitsu for a long while

and i just bought alot of mods for my car
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If its the TC will they cover it?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

They cant void you for that... call a lawyer. They have to prove you didnt do maintanance. Seriously call a lawyer and ask for couseling.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4WS@TopLevelAuto
If its the TC will they cover it?
they cant even tell...the mechanics are retarded. they are just assuming its the rear diff

they never asked for maintenance records the last two times it was replaced.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Links0000
They cant void you for that... call a lawyer. They have to prove you didnt do maintanance. Seriously call a lawyer and ask for couseling.
its gonna be the same thing...i cant prove it...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:54 PM
Former Sponsor

take it to another dealer..... I'm not sure how the lemon law works, but i thought it was the 3rd time theres a reoccuring problem...

Thats tc fluid needs to be changed every 30k according the mitsu, from the way ur putting it they replaced ur tc within 30k therefore....

You did your maintnence..

a lawyer wont help... thats a 6 month thing thats going to drag on....
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4WS@TopLevelAuto
take it to another dealer..... I'm not sure how the lemon law works, but i thought it was the 3rd time theres a reoccuring problem...

Thats tc fluid needs to be changed every 30k according the mitsu, from the way ur putting it they replaced ur tc within 30k therefore....

You did your maintnence..

a lawyer wont help... thats a 6 month thing thats going to drag on....
but they want the records for the rear diff and tranny...there are only 3 dealers in san diego...the other two i went to denied me already because of my works drop in airfilter....san diego sucks...

i really thought el cajon mitusbishi would help me again...

while i was waiting there for 4 hours, i saw a new red evo X being delivered... i thought about trading mine in, but...its not worth it

i dont want to own another mitsubishi for a while
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo racing
its gonna be the same thing...i cant prove it...
its up to them to prove you wrong... not the other way around
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Mine whines too.... doesnt mean its broken though.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

drive up to southcoast mits. they will def fix it within 2 days
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Regardless of anything the other two dealers cannot deny you warranty just because of the air filter unless they can prove that the air filter directly caused the failure. Also, I'd just get a TRE or Shep and call it done for good, 'stead of replacing it a million times.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Links0000
its up to them to prove you wrong... not the other way around
Magnusson Moss (check the spelling) Warranty Act.You have federal law on your side that dictates they must prove you did something that caused the breakdown. You don't need to spend any money, just google it, get yourself educated on it, and go back to them armed with the correct info. Flipside is, if it's just worn out, it's not defective and therefore not warranty-able. You did mention something about already having this problem fixed several times. Your warranty is automatically extended on that part for the length of time the car's down for the .
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Regardless of anything the other two dealers cannot deny you warranty just because of the air filter unless they can prove that the air filter directly caused the failure. Also, I'd just get a TRE or Shep and call it done for good, 'stead of replacing it a million times.
id love to get a shep or TRE TC but if mine is bad already, then they cant fix it unless i bring them a new one...and its gonna cost alot...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo racing
So i recently discovered i stil had a few months left on my powertrain warranty on my 03 Evo...i decided to try and get my tranfercase deathwhine fixed before its done for. Brought it in...and the mechanics told me it was my rear diff i know its not my rear diff, its the exact same noise that i had before they replaced my TC a while back...this would have been the 3rd time its been replaced but the service tech calls me back and asks for all my maintenance invoices since i owned the car to show proof that i did all of it. But i used to work at jiffy lube and did all the services myself...so i was out of luck.

first of all without taking the drivetrain apart, how would they know its the rear diff? he says he hears it at the rear but i remember reading something about the sound being transfered down the driveshaft so it ends up sounding like from the rear.

well either way i have a whiny TC still

gonna be trying to sell the evo soon, and ima take my sisters STi. not gonna be buying another mitsu for a long while

and i just bought alot of mods for my car
Sorry for your pain. What mods did you buy for the car?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
Former Sponsor

take a drive....what do you have lose?

If not youre going to spend 2k regardless

Quick Reply: so my warranty got denied....