Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My EVO rebuild

hello all you respected evolutionm.net members. well ive been a member here for a while and always loved to see some rebuild pictures of people doing stuff with their evos. my story is a little different from most... so here it is enjoy

my dad and i are into rebuilding salvage cars, so thats what i did for a while until i saved enough for an evo... first one i bidded on on the auction i won haha my luck! here is how i saw the car online when i bought it (car was located in sacramento, california)

pictures of when i got it home:

looked pretty good on the auction. the quarter panel would be easy to fix since i had expirience with this.

i won the car for 7800 before taxes and all that good stuff. it was home for about 9000 maybe a bit less. the day i got it i was very excited of course. me only being 17 and getting this evo was a big deal for me. hahaha.

it was all good till the next day. i went to start taking the car apart for the rebuild to only find dissapoinments one after another. first of all the intake and BOV were missing. not really a big deal, but still. the worst thing was that my dad suspected something wrong with the engine. we pulled off the head and to our surprise, the cams and gears were gone!! the car was supposed to run when i bought it as the auction told us.

well after a while we got over it and started looking for ways to get out of the situation. of course at first we went to the auction to see what they could do. nothing of course, so next option. rebuild it! and to speak the truth it was a pleasant experience rebuilding it! i went through basically every inch of the evo!!

now after the engine was rebuilt, more and more problems came up. the quarter was damaged WAY more than it showed in the pictures... we got the quarter fixed... and found out i need to change the front differential . we ended up taking off the tranny and rebuilding that too! (never knew putting it back on could be such a pain in the a**! WOW! any ways thats were we get to were we are now.

there were lots of little dents every where on the car so i fixed all those and of course the quarter. so now its sitting in the garage waiting for a paint job on monday morning.

couldnt complain about the evo at all! love it all the way. and definetely grown to appreciate the car more as ive spent more and more time and money fixing it...

here are some pictures of it now maybe on monday ill get some pictures of it painted and then all put back together! i bought an evo 9 front bumper! and also a cf apr lip and black enkei rims! so it will be a good lookin car

engine bay: still have megan headers to install

EDIT:got it painted 01-07-08 some pics off my sidekick. (not great quality, but ill take more later!

EDIT: got the car put together 02-14-08

im shocked myself how good it looks. i plan on painting the rims black, but after i put everything together, it all fit perfectly without a problem.

thanks for looking !!!!!

Last edited by hks03evo8; Feb 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

damn thats clean
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:20 AM

wow good luck man and enjoy your build.
Always have to appreciate hard work and dedication for any project.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:28 AM

awesome job! Keep us posted. Hope it all works outs.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

wow, keep up the good work. I have to ask, cause it is just that board, any mods to the engine or are you going mostly stock?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow bro. great job. way to bring it back to life.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:54 AM

nice work! can't wait to see some more pictures + progress of your project!!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice! Keep us updated with more pix!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

You have to appreciate a young kid that doesn't mind getting dirty while fixing stuff. You have my respect.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:35 AM

Coming along well... have fun with it man!!

And not to be a jerk... but try to ease your excitement a little and keep a steady hand with the camera. hehe
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:38 AM

nice car, keep up the modding
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

paint it flat black!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Please drive the car responsibly when you're done rebuilding it so that someone else doesn't have to rebuild it again. I remember when I was 17 I was a very irresponsible driver (not saying that you will be as well). Good luck!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha. thanks guy for all your comments. to be truthful im a horrible irresponsible driver, but im scared to death to drive that car. and its mostly stock except for hks full exhaust, intake, greddy bov, megan headers, greddy boost controller.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
Account Disabled

what a mess