Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Attn Evo owners: any Hockey players here?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn Evo owners: any Hockey players here?

Sup folks,

Just wondering if there are any ice hockey goalies on here that drive evo's? If so, any tips on how you get all your gear into the trunk? Thanks

Dan
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Hockey player here....but Center. Is your back seat totally taken up? I put my bag in the trunk...I would put your leg pads on the back seat. Just take an old blanket with you for after the game/practice for the wet pads.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

i play hockey too...but like the above guy i play forward. but i wud agree with him, just put your pads in the backseat. the trunks are a decent size on these cars..ive squeezed my bag plus two of my buddies in my trunk before. id be more worried about the sticks with the interior..thats always my concern
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya my sticks wrecked my tint from leaning on the window and scratching everything. everything else fits like a glove but then again i'm not a goalie
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

I play too. No goalie. Your doing something wrong, beucase I can fit two player's bags in the trunk, and 5 sticks in the car, with out damaging anything, or getting all rough.

This is even with an aftermarket fuel system in the trunk too.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grenade
I play too. No goalie. Your doing something wrong, beucase I can fit two player's bags in the trunk, and 5 sticks in the car, with out damaging anything, or getting all rough.

This is even with an aftermarket fuel system in the trunk too.
ditto

minus the fuel system in the trunk haha
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
i'm a forward, but my bag is humungus and has trouble fitting in the trunk. My sticks go between my seats
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:13 PM

I play goalie. I put my bag in the trunk and my pads go on the back seat. Its a tight squeeze in the truck but it works...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

i played roller hockey for a long time... i miss it

when i was a golie i had a truck so eveyrthing went in the back no problem
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
defenseman here. stick goes in the back widthwise across the back and the bag fits in the trunk perfectly. try to split your gear up maybe? put some in the back.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

wow, only one other goalie here. I thought goaltending was all the rage nowadays, haha.

Right now i have to put my bag in the back seat, because i got new pads and they won't fit in the trunk with the rest of my gear.

Oh well, maybe the X willl have a bigger trunk. Or better yet, maybe Mitsu will actually make a X sportback, which would solve my problem.

Thanks for the help boys
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JordanS4
defenseman here. stick goes in the back widthwise across the back and the bag fits in the trunk perfectly. try to split your gear up maybe? put some in the back.
Ditto. Defenseman here too, and that's how I pack my gear in my car as well.

Try getting a standard large (non-goalie) bag with wheels, and try packing everything but the pads and maybe the chest protector in it, then when you pull the bag out you can extend the handle on the roller bag and throw the chest protector on it and carry the pads seperately?

BTW - we won our championship in our league last month. Not that that helps you, just wanted to brag.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

i play and have no problem getting my stuff in the trunk. i play out, but i do play goalie from time to time, and have neer had a problem getting my bag and the 36"pads in the trunk
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Foggy
Ditto. Defenseman here too, and that's how I pack my gear in my car as well.

Try getting a standard large (non-goalie) bag with wheels, and try packing everything but the pads and maybe the chest protector in it, then when you pull the bag out you can extend the handle on the roller bag and throw the chest protector on it and carry the pads seperately?

BTW - we won our championship in our league last month. Not that that helps you, just wanted to brag.
Yeah that would work, but im a lazy goalie and like to have all my gear in the bag.

Congrats on the championship! What level do you play at?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
i play and have no problem getting my stuff in the trunk. i play out, but i do play goalie from time to time, and have neer had a problem getting my bag and the 36"pads in the trunk
damn, thats impressive. My pads are 35" and i've had no luck getting them to fit. And once i get my new pads which are 37+1, theres no way they're gonna fit.