Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Jealousy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man there is just a bunch of haters out there. Screw them all and let them hate.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a guy at my gym thats been bugging me since he saw me in my evo.

every time i try to work out he approaches me with bs like, my car is a ricer and a pos 4banger with 4 wheel drive and a turbo. and how anybody can do that to their car and blah blah blah 6.2 liter v8, and he even lied about having a corvette. the other day he said, "my buddy wants to race you in his new dodge charger it whoops @ss" i looked at him, laughed for a minute, then told him to put $100 down on the race, and not to come talk to me again without $100 or having done some studying on what an evo really can do and what it is. he walked away after boasting about the engine(6.2 liter is what he said) and how he wont even look me in the eyes anymore. good news is i can workout in peace.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
No, it wasn't. The evo came to the States in what, 02 or 03? There were cars "embarassing" larger motors well before then, hell Honda was well known by then for being able to make a lot of power without a lot of engine. Even if you count the 4G63s in other cars, you're still late and overemphasising the impact it had.

Are you serius? you think those eclipses was lesser cars then the civics?Not to mention the galant?
Just because there was more reving warrior out there that is doesn't mean they embarres them...they anoyed them! Big different. The eclipse make them nervous the civic made them angry. So you think 03 the time when the 4G63T made the impact in the tuner seen?

But anyway, you are just proved our point here.If i where you, i really wouldn't make a big fuss about it, since you give us this comment:

"Lol at the responses in here, have you ever stopped to think that it's this "evo is a gift from god" attitude that pisses people off? I highly doubt that someone driving a BMW sportscar is going to be jealous of an evo."

And you drive...... Subaru...
no hard feeling, but you got my point right?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo
Someone please explain to me what exactly did we do, as evo owners, to p!ss every other sports car enthusiast off? I want to know.

I work in a small town, with the main road in front of the building. I went to Lowes during my break and on the way back, a dude in a convertible E46 M3 who was going the other direction flashed his lights at me and gave me the finger!!

I was dumbfounded. I didn't swerve into his lane, or cut him off, or do anything to cause a "road rage" reaction. I was simply driving my car, and he was driving his in the other direction. Must be jealousy- I have respect for all sports cars out there but for someone to give me the finger without knowing me makes me kinda mad. Let's over look the fact that his car is slower than mine, and that a convertible is the fastest way for a man to look like a c*ck.

Is it just me in my corner of the US or does everyone have this problem? I want to hear your stories of people reacting completely unrationally about your car.
I just say screw that guy... I hate people like that and thank goodness I don't see any around where I live yet. I see some dumb people who talk on their cellphone while driving and never knew they are all over the road.

A few week ago I was on my way to work. A lady was on the phone driving a maxima. She was on the slow lane and there's a buick with the two old couple driving on the fast lane. I saw that she was off track a couple of time and kicking rocks at me so when I see the window to pass behind her, I passed the car on the fast lane and went back to my normal speed. I guess she was pissed because I did that. She went ahead of me. There was a slow car in front of me so I switch lane and follow her again. This time she hit the brake. I'm like WTF! she should have known my brakes are a lot better than hers I switch lane and rev 3 times and look at her. I probably scare the crap out of her because she never came after me eventhough she could. That just ruin my day of work

There are some stupid people in this world so we just have to drive defensively
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
here, people on cell phones are the worst- even with the bluetooth, they are all over the lanes. I see it everyday to and from work since I take the highway. They are contemplating making it illegal to talk on the phone and drive at the same time. I wish they would!!! I know it'll make a lot more work for police when they should be catching real criminals, not people on the phone. But it would cut down on the number of idiot drivers.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^^Hmmmm. Illegal to talk with hands free? What's the difference between talking with a hands free unit and talking to a passenger in your car? Maybe we should all STFU and drive!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry to say, but there are quite a few Evo drivers out there that are complete tools. I see them often swerving in and out of busy traffic going 20 mph over with their hat on sideways, one hand on top of the steering wheel and the 'I'm so awesome' look on their face. Another specific example is a kid at a local high school, probably 16-17 years old who's parents bought him an Evo. This guy constantly brags about his car and has a huge ego and is a total poseur.

So my point is that some other car enthusiasts see Evo drivers like this and are turned off. Of course I think a true car enthusiast can appreciate any type of car built for performance and speed. And a true car enthusiast wouldn't be driving around randomly giving Evo drivers the bird.

Last edited by yoda; Feb 1, 2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

You know, I just painted my track wheels lime green, and am going to have them on the car for a week leading up to my next track day. The trim rings and the grill on my dually are painted lime green, and the only responses I get to that thing (which are rare) are the thumbs-up type. It'll be interesting to see the responses I get with the wheels on the Evo. Especially when they see the dude behind the wheel looks more like the type that belongs behind the wheel of a lifted dually and not what their mind tells them should be driving the Evo.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Are you serius? you think those eclipses was lesser cars then the civics?Not to mention the galant?
Just because there was more reving warrior out there that is doesn't mean they embarres them...they anoyed them! Big different. The eclipse make them nervous the civic made them angry. So you think 03 the time when the 4G63T made the impact in the tuner seen?

But anyway, you are just proved our point here.If i where you, i really wouldn't make a big fuss about it, since you give us this comment:

"Lol at the responses in here, have you ever stopped to think that it's this "evo is a gift from god" attitude that pisses people off? I highly doubt that someone driving a BMW sportscar is going to be jealous of an evo."

And you drive...... Subaru...
no hard feeling, but you got my point right?
Did I say the civic was a better car? I was simply disagreeing with your statement that the 4G63 was the first motor to replace displacement with some other means of making power. Honda has been doing it for decades, nissan is known for it, toyota did it with the supra, european cars are great at it, etc., Mitsubishi wasn't breaking new ground by any means.
As for your last statement, what the hell does that mean? "Oh noes, a soobaro driver!" Did I at any time say that Subaru was superior? How did I prove your point? I'm not "hatin" (whatever the hell that means), I'm simply not jumping on the evo fanboy wagon and acting like everyone is jealous.

Last edited by ambystom01; Feb 1, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yoda
I'm sorry to say, but there are quite a few Evo drivers out there that are complete tools. I see them often swerving in and out of busy traffic going 20 mph over with their hat on sideways, one hand on top of the steering wheel and the 'I'm so awesome' look on their face. Another specific example is a kid at a local high school, probably 16-17 years old who's parents bought him an Evo. This guy constantly brags about his car and has a huge ego and is a total poseur.

So my point is that some other car enthusiasts see Evo drivers like this and are turned off. Of course I think a true car enthusiast can appreciate any type of car built for performance and speed. And a true car enthusiast wouldn't be driving around randomly giving Evo drivers the bird.
Good point.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:42 AM

people need to grow up
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

man up
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Did I say the civic was a better car? I was simply disagreeing with your statement that the 4G63 was the first motor to replace displacement with some other means of making power. Honda has been doing it for decades, nissan is known for it, toyota did it with the supra, european cars are great at it, etc., Mitsubishi wasn't breaking new ground by any means.
As for your last statement, what the hell does that mean? "Oh noes, a soobaro driver!" Did I at any time say that Subaru was superior? How did I prove your point? I'm not "hatin" (whatever the hell that means), I'm simply not jumping on the evo fanboy wagon and acting like everyone is jealous.
name me an other engine is making a same whp with 2.0l and reilable as the 4G63T. Because the supra and the 3000 gt don't count since they are 6 cylinder and 3 liter engines or over . so there is at least some deplacment.....
Yes mitshu didn't break new ground you are right, i didn't said that also, but it was there ...
Since 23 June 1988... That was an America Olimpus Rally. And that was the first AWD - 4 wheel steer - Galant VR4.
That was 20 years ago.....And that car was driven by Ari Vatanen and the car had 290 bhp. Back then the most american dont even know the Mitshubishi exist as a car..
The evolution is came alive 7 september 1992. 16 years ago.
ETC.
I dont want to go deeper.

i didn't said everybody is jelouse, period.

how you prove my poit?
you are driving an other car wich is ironicly subaru
and you made this state ment, i think you dont read it or dont want to understand it.:

so:
"have you ever stopped to think that it's this "evo is a gift from god" attitude that pisses people off? "

you actually can explain for me, if i missunderstand that. How the driver knows that if He is coming ahead of you? or following you? or stand next to you? ETC.
Ot they are on this forum too?
Or just like you assume if you are driving the evo you got to be like that?
i dont bealive you dont get the point.
But anyway , at least we are on the same forum.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:48 PM

Maybe the owner of M3 is gay. He got jealous cause u got his boyfreind! jk jk
Old Feb 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
name me an other engine is making a same whp with 2.0l and reilable as the 4G63T. Because the supra and the 3000 gt don't count since they are 6 cylinder and 3 liter engines or over . so there is at least some deplacment.....
Yes mitshu didn't break new ground you are right, i didn't said that also, but it was there ...
Since 23 June 1988... That was an America Olimpus Rally. And that was the first AWD - 4 wheel steer - Galant VR4.
That was 20 years ago.....And that car was driven by Ari Vatanen and the car had 290 bhp. Back then the most american dont even know the Mitshubishi exist as a car..
The evolution is came alive 7 september 1992. 16 years ago.
ETC.
I dont want to go deeper.

i didn't said everybody is jelouse, period.

how you prove my poit?
you are driving an other car wich is ironicly subaru
and you made this state ment, i think you dont read it or dont want to understand it.:

so:
"have you ever stopped to think that it's this "evo is a gift from god" attitude that pisses people off? "

you actually can explain for me, if i missunderstand that. How the driver knows that if He is coming ahead of you? or following you? or stand next to you? ETC.
Ot they are on this forum too?
Or just like you assume if you are driving the evo you got to be like that?
i dont bealive you dont get the point.
But anyway , at least we are on the same forum.
Hondas can make as much power NA with less than 2.0 liters. I agree that the 4G63 is a great motor, but it's not some gift from god as some owners make it out to be. It's this attitude that annoys a lot of people. As an obvious example of how this can lead to the response the OP got, how many people speak poorly of hondas with a wing? Do they know what's under the hood? Do they know the owner? No, they see a honda badge and a giant wing and instantly go "oh he must be a ricer". I do exactly the same thing, when I see a BMW I usually think "oh look, another business ***** driving a BMW" just as when I see a young person driving a nice car I usually assume they didn't buy it/don't own it.
Again, what does me driving a subaru have to do with anything? I haven't once mentioned Subaru in my argument nor stated that it is in anyway superior to other vehicles. Hell I've gotten into debates with some friends that drive WRX/STis because they've taken on the same "I drive the best car ever" mentality.

Quick Reply: Jealousy?