Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo was a victim of road rage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carloverx
haha, regardless of liberal views, you should probably give that statment some more thought.
lol ok if someone is going to physically harm me, I want to be able to protect myself. Not have to rely on someone else to do it for me. but its typical that your from jersey too!

Last edited by Trail Slide; Feb 2, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Trail Slide
lol ok if someone is going to physically harm me, I want to be able to protect myself. Not have to rely on someone else to do it for me. but its typical that your from jersey too!
yeah if you live in CA, MD, IL, NY, NJ, HI, MA, DC and PR you're pretty much screwed....these states/terriories are anti-gun....

The rest of America is gun friendly
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Wow, I read the very first post and then posted my response. I then went back and read the other 10 pages. I see a lot of guys have the same attitude I do.

I agree, the government and police can't protect you. You have to protect yourself.
And just for being on the same side I am...

I <3 you David...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ohh I just wanted to throw examples of these court cases to prove that the police dont really own up to their responsibility to protect individual citizens:

Castle Rock v. Gonzales (US Supreme court) Holding: restraining orders do not provide people with entitlements to protection by the police. Gonzales tried to get police to enforce a restraining order against her estranged husband. They did not, and her 3 children were killed.

Bowers v. DeVito (Federal appeals court, stemming from an incident in Illinois 1982) “… there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen.”

Hartzler v. City of San Jose (California Appeals Court, 1975) Wrongful death suit stemming from Police’s refusal to render immediate aid to a victim in fear for her life. Ruth Brunell called the police on 20 different occasions to plead for protection from her husband. He was arrested only one time. One evening, Mr. Brunell telephoned his wife and told her he was coming over to kill her. When she called the police, they refused her request that they come to protect her. They told her to call back when he got there. Mr. Brunell stabbed his wife to death before she could call the police to tell them that he was there. The court held that the San Jose police were not liable for ignoring Mrs. Brunell's pleas for help.

Warren v. District of Columbia (DC 1981) Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third women, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed that the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs, they saw that, in fact, the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: "For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers." The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen"

Riss v. New York (State Court NY 1968) A young woman telephoned the police and begged for help because her ex-boyfriend had repeatedly threatened: "If I can't have you no one else will have you, and when I get through with you, no one else will want you." The day after she had pleaded for police protection, the ex-boyfriend threw lye in her face, blinding her in one eye, severely damaging the other, and permanently scarring her features. The court ruled that the city had no obligation to protect her. "What makes the City's position particularly difficult to understand," wrote a dissenting opinion in her tort suit against the City, "is that, in conformity to the dictates of the law, Linda did not carry any weapon for self-defense. Thus, by a rather bitter irony she was required to rely for protection on the City of New York which now denies all responsibility to her." Linda Riss obeyed the law, yet the law prevented her from arming herself in self defense.
All of these cases are still good law.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

What u went through was tough, and you handled it better than most of us would.

Permit to carry FTW!!!!

Springfield XD .45

I'm just sayin......................might come in handy
Old Feb 2, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

This is all anyone needs. You can take care of the guy and his car at the same time!

Last edited by evo_domination; Feb 15, 2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

this is why i have pepper spray
Old Feb 2, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

stop talking about weapons let just all have a group hug and sing *** by yah or w/e how you spell it
Old Feb 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhoPoweR
stop talking about weapons let just all have a group hug and sing *** by yah or w/e how you spell it
no sir, i'm not ready to put my arms around another guy and sing Kum bA YA
Old Feb 2, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
no sir, i'm not ready to put my arms around another guy and sing Kum bA YA
Ever see ice cream come out of someone's nose?? Well it did to mine...

You earned yourself a sig...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Ever see ice cream come out of someone's nose?? Well it did to mine...

You earned yourself a sig...
I am honored, I'll to that one...
Old Feb 3, 2008, 02:12 AM

Its good you kept ur cool man .. cause in the end he goes to jail and as we all know evo insurance claims equals mad $$$ .. I got hit 2 times in 2 weeks and the insurance payed for the damage in which i just decided to replace the hood with a carbon fiber one and a 9 bumper .. There insurance also payed for my tune intercooler, exhaust all from ams .. sooo in the end you win for keeping ur cool good job buddy
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear your road rage story. At some point knowing that people get caught up in road rage it almost seems prudent to just get out of their way then to go through what you did. Unfortunately, the macho in all of us and a little of our controlled rage does not let us do this. In your case it would have saved all that you went through emotionally and from a damage standpoint and all the hassles that will come from that.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

wow!!!..that's nuts....if a guy did that to my car he's goin down...somehow, someway....what an idiot....i don't own a gun...i'm not saying i would've killed him...lol.....but he would have got a beating or something...unless he was like a really big dude that could kick my butt....lol....then i guess the cops would be the next best thing....but a tire iron?...geeez....that's going too far....self defense comes into play....i would have just ran him over with the car....lol....i had a trucker get out and start yelling at me one time...i just locked my doors and barely rolled the window down...he's like...get the f*** outta the road...and i was like what's wrong...what's the big deal...cuz i didn't even do anything......we were at a stop light...he just went back to his big rig......he never touched my car or anything.....only time anything like that has ever happened to me....i was like...weird.....people are so uptight when they drive.....things used to be ok around here(alabama)....but people here are getting as bad as everywhere else.....i dunno what's wrong with everyone these days.....i guess i'm just more laid back than most people.....road rage is getting terrible

Last edited by kilgoja; Feb 3, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG

I guess this is why I have CC. Some mother f*cker gets out of his car with a tire iron. He is gonna be saying hi to a DE .44 magnum with hollow points

NO REGRETS

Reading your post made me think of this...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...42dbec7b66.htm

Last edited by vwjeff; Feb 3, 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply: My Evo was a victim of road rage