Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo was a victim of road rage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Geez man, props to you for keeping your cool.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
It's nothing about being a thug or an internet tough guy. I originally said that it's a good thing the guy didn't try to break his window with the tire iron, because then he would have gotten shot. It someone is about to hit me in the head with a freaking tire iron, you're damn right I'm going to shoot them. Canada's cool and all, but I don't want to be turned into a floppy head by getting hit with a tire iron.

Like I said before, it's nothing about being a tough guy. I just don't really fancy the idea of being defenseless. A great example of what I'm talking about can be seen in the video clip right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fej5r-4ruWs

Cheers.

ROTFLMAO, i love that video, gangsta
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by superscout03
I was a victim of road rage once.
To put it simple I was driving down a 4 lane highway in my previous car RX-8. I was in the right lane and there was a car infront of me, I looked in my mirror to switch lanes and all was clear. As soon as I came over into the lane a crotch rocket traveling at my best guess at 140+mph no BS flew around me with no lights on, and this was night time. He almost lost control but corrected and recovered. I switched back to the right lane and he slowed down and pulled up next to me. I slowed down a little bit as I thought he was going to say something. Well he started yelling a bunch of stuff I could not hear due to the wind, oh and he was not wearing a helmet and only had on a white tank top shirt. We were both traveling at about 65 mph at this point. The thing he did next shocked me, he pulled out a pistol that was tucked into the side of his pants and pointed it at me. I was left with no choice at that point I swerved at him and he lost control and dumped the bike and his body tumbled down the road. I stopped and backed up and got out, Called the police, checked on the guy to see if he was alive, he was, barely. Located his pistol that was in the middle of the road. Police and paramedics showed up, they took him off to the hospital where he later died. I find out from the police that night that the man had multiple warrants out for his arrest for assault with a deadly weapon, felony possesion of a firearm, and attempted murder, and robbery.
it was a crappy day. No charges were filed against me.
NICE....I really hope you dont feel any remorse for killing this jakeleg. I know I wouldnt at all. You did the right thing and obviously were within the limits of the law to defend yourself. From the brief reading ive done of this thread it seams that some people dont understand that fact. That if someone is threatening your life you have the right to defend yourself to the extent of taking theirs. Because whos to say that they wouldn't take yours?
Good job and sleep easy knowing that you were right and we all owe you a cause who knows where this moron was going, what he was going to do, and who he was going to hurt had you not reacted the way you did.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
+1 Rather be accurate with well placed 9mm round than miss with something bigger.
The point of a larger round is not to allow for more room for error. It's to make a larger hole.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

The point of a larger round is not to allow for more room for error. It's to make a larger hole.
I like larger holes
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superscout03
I was a victim of road rage once.
To put it simple I was driving down a 4 lane highway in my previous car RX-8. I was in the right lane and there was a car infront of me, I looked in my mirror to switch lanes and all was clear. As soon as I came over into the lane a crotch rocket traveling at my best guess at 140+mph no BS flew around me with no lights on, and this was night time. He almost lost control but corrected and recovered. I switched back to the right lane and he slowed down and pulled up next to me. I slowed down a little bit as I thought he was going to say something. Well he started yelling a bunch of stuff I could not hear due to the wind, oh and he was not wearing a helmet and only had on a white tank top shirt. We were both traveling at about 65 mph at this point. The thing he did next shocked me, he pulled out a pistol that was tucked into the side of his pants and pointed it at me. I was left with no choice at that point I swerved at him and he lost control and dumped the bike and his body tumbled down the road. I stopped and backed up and got out, Called the police, checked on the guy to see if he was alive, he was, barely. Located his pistol that was in the middle of the road. Police and paramedics showed up, they took him off to the hospital where he later died. I find out from the police that night that the man had multiple warrants out for his arrest for assault with a deadly weapon, felony possesion of a firearm, and attempted murder, and robbery.
it was a crappy day. No charges were filed against me.

Originally Posted by AUSS1E
NICE....I really hope you dont feel any remorse for killing this jakeleg. I know I wouldnt at all. You did the right thing and obviously were within the limits of the law to defend yourself. From the brief reading ive done of this thread it seams that some people dont understand that fact. That if someone is threatening your life you have the right to defend yourself to the extent of taking theirs. Because whos to say that they wouldn't take yours?
Good job and sleep easy knowing that you were right and we all owe you a cause who knows where this moron was going, what he was going to do, and who he was going to hurt had you not reacted the way you did.
+1 i agree, i carry my 1911 90% of the time and i do feel safer
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see your point. I'm just not very accurate with a .40. Well, not the glocks anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
I see your point. I'm just not very accurate with a .40. Well, not the glocks anyway.
That's because Glocks make you hold the gun incorrectly. Look at the shape of their grip, then look at the shape of every other pistol out there. Your wrist is bent when you shoot them, therefore you can't control the recoil nearly as well as you can a regular pistol. That's why they seem to be inaccurate.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^noticed that. I got a ported 9mm though so the recoil is next to nothing. My girlfriend shoots the pistol as well and still jams it sometimes because of her lack of grip. The only thing I don't like about it really is the barrell flash, since I can still shoot pretty damn straight.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_domination
I'm glad you're okay bro. Guys like that need their heads kicked! I don't know how it is in other states, but in Utah if someone approaches another person with intent to harm with a weapon, then deadly force is authorized to protect yourself. Every responsible person should carry a concealed weapon permit and a big *** hand cannon to go with it! Here is a video of a perfect example of why to carry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o
should have been a evo on a gravel road
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dee242
should have been a evo on a gravel road
You seriously searched through threads from 2 years ago just to make that comment? :thumbsdown:
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thank you Jesus for bringing this thread back from the grave....

anyway, whoever the OP is, he's a much calmer man than me. I would have ****ed that guy up. He never would have gotten the chance to kick my car, and if he had managed to do so, he would have been on the ground immediately after that. I too usually have my 9mm with me when I take road trips, but it stays in my house under normal conditions. then for the guy to come back a second time with a tire iron? damn that...that mother****er would have been in jail, but he wouldn't have taken all his teeth, or both of his eyes with him I can guarantee you that.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:12 AM

crazy

Dude, don't know how you kept your cool like that but would have been a different story for me. Thanks to guys like you, I will try to be better at handling situations like this as my New Years resolution. I am very possessive and protective of my evo. You are a 'Champion' in all road rage situations. Good on ya!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:14 AM

A Propely handle situation ..nice
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

I know this thread is 2 years old but I respect the way you handled it. Also, a question for all the "I would of shot him" people, you would end a life over replaceable property? With all do respect, a car is a car. It doesn't have a brother, sister, kids or whatever. Who knows what the guy was going through a the time. A persons life is irreplaceable, when it ends it's all over. You can't pull the dent out of his forehead, give him a paint job and expect him to go on his way. Once you pull that trigger, you can change the lives of hundreds of people. If you are already set on shooting, why not shoot the leg, shoulder, or foot.

Quick Reply: My Evo was a victim of road rage