Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bumper Fitment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper Fitment

my buddy got into a little accident and his front bumper got pretty messed up. he has an 03 Evo 8 and he was wondering if the Evo 9 front bumper will mount onto his car with minor/no modifications. i've taken my front bumper off plenty of times so i'm familiar with all the mounting points, but i have no experience with the Evo 8 front bumpers. he's also interested in getting the JDM rear bumper. i heard you either have to remove/modify the usdm crash beam or buy the JDM crash beam. how hard is it to modify the usdm crash beam. how much are the jdm crash beams and do the vendors sell them as well?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

also, i was looking at the name of the white color for the 03 Evo 8's and it says Weightless White. is this correct? i thought there was Wicked White and i think Alpine White or something. which one is it?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

9 front bumper will fit 8 no problemo.

as for the crash beam...most people just discard it, slap on the bumper, and have a good day
Old Feb 2, 2008, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The white color seems identical to me, the bumper will fit perfectly, and you should have the crashbeam modified to fit, or buy one of those aftermarket ones (there are a few, but they are pricey).
Old Feb 2, 2008, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

how hard is it to modify the crash beam? there wouldn't be some kind of tutorial for it would there? maybe my friend doesn't even mind ditching the crash beam. haha. i would want to modify mine if i got a jdm rear so i still wouldn't mind knowing how to do it.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

The 9 will fit the 8, I did the conversion awhile ago, but the grill inserts are different. But if u're going to do a direct swap it shouldn't be an issue.