Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quick advice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick advice?

Hey everyone. Last night I was driving to work and hit a huge ditch "lake" that had flooded over the road. I was going about 50 when I saw it and was able to slow to about 40 before hitting it (speed limit is 55 on that road).
After getting the total bejebus scared out of me, I stopped and ran to the outside of my car and found the passenger side of my SE lip hanging off. The clips had totally busted off and it had cracked on that side as well. Would I be able to report an insurance claim or just bite the bullet and go for CF lip?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like a unavoidable road hazard - call your insurance.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Not trying to bash, simply clarify.

Were you drivingin the rain (or shortly after a rain storm) at 50 MPH on a 55 MPH road that was flooded?

If so, I wouldn't call your insurance company. They're likely to think you're pretty irresponsible for doing something like that.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Not trying to bash, simply clarify.

Were you drivingin the rain (or shortly after a rain storm) at 50 MPH on a 55 MPH road that was flooded?

If so, I wouldn't call your insurance company. They're likely to think you're pretty irresponsible for doing something like that.
I couldn't tell the road was flooded. It was 10:30 pm and yes it was raining, but I have lived here for 4.5 years and this is the first time I had ever seen it that bad.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

just go with the carbon fiber, it will be cheaper in the long run
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:41 AM

If it's only minor damage, that is nothing internal was hurt on the car, then I would just go with a carbon fiber lip. I tend to use my insurance only in the worst of accidents. Reporting such a minor thing to the insurance company just isn't worth the hassle. Plus now you have an excuse to upgrade the appearance of the car . Also you should check if any of the suspension or any internal parts of the car on the front passenger side of your car. Good luck with your decision!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 05:34 PM

Thanks a lot everyone. I am just going to get a CF lip and side spats. Thanks all for you input!