Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Going from a Supra to an EVO for a DD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, i'd kill for a Supra, but I think you'll be more than satisfied with the Evo. Hopefully, you'll get to take it around some bends because that is where it is really going to shine in comparison to a Supra. You'll also be happy with the fact that you only have to wait till 3500 rpm for full spool.

If you ever do get it tuned, you'll notice that the car will drive alot more smoothly though. Its kind of hard to shift smoothly and drive smoothly while stock with the rpm band and torque band being so peaky, but it will still be plenty manageable. Just keep in mind that if the dealership sees so much as an cone filter, they will try to void everything in your warranty. To quote a local Mitsu Evo mechanic who frequents this site, "Evos make up 5% of total Mitsubishi sales, but also make up 45% of the warranty claims..." You mod it, just make sure you can pay for a repair. Besides that, enjoy it, there is nothing quite like it and I love it as my DD .
Old Feb 8, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evos got good traction and a mean appearance. Supras are dope. I got a friend that's a supra fanatic, I like them both but I like overall performance of the evo compared to the supra. I had a s14 awhile back and i was using it for autocross and drift. Backwheel is fun! but when i drove the Evo mannn grip and power is nice. And it turns on a dime when your performing around the autocross. overall both flawless cars! I love them both. Evos bottomline was a good choice in my investment
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

do an ecu flash and a K&N drop-in air filter. You'll gain 30whp and get better gas mileage. and you can keep your warrenty.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

bone stock evos are slow as *&%$
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
stock supras pulled somewhere in the neighborhood of 9.5g on the skidpad and at the time had the best 100-0 times of any sports car.
9.5 G!!! Damn, that's F-16 and Extra 300 aerobatic territory there man... positive g that is. (I know it's a typo on your part)

I didn't know that they could pull .95 g laterally. Are you sure of that... considering stock tires that were run back in the early '90s?