Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX MR VS BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of high school have kids driving evos and brand new bimmers...... . Man, i might sound old but I though I was spoiled when I was going to high school with my little 50cc moped!!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

"High school drags" dont really exist anymore guys...

Take it to the streets. :-)
Old Feb 7, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Grow up. All of you. Don't give haters ANY attention. Laugh and move on. Childish antics and 300-plus hp cars don't mix.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

im generally smart when making decisions to race but as soon as the dragstrips open back up ill challenge him to a race
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Who cares? Seriously don't get into trouble with this guy. Be the bigger man
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a 04 M3 and an 06 MR, stock for stock, the evo is a faster car, especially from a dig. The bmw spins tires like its nobodys business. As far as from the 40-50 on, the bmw definately tops out at a higher speed. I would have killed for either one of those cars when I was in highschool. Things change in 10 years I guess.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOLV3D
who would win, from what ive looked up it looks like im faster.....anyways the reason im asking theres an a$$hole kid at my highschool who rolled up to me today and said "you have to be the biggest douchebag ive see my car would destroy yours it looks like a turtle" after he flipped me off for no reason what so ever and it kind of pissed me off!!

I ran a 13.5@102 without mods and stock clutch

EVO IX MODS:
EXEDY TWIN DISC
TEST PIPE
K&N INTAKE
SLIGHT TUNING FOR THE TEST PIPE AND INTAKE AND REMOVING THE SPEED LIMITER AND RAISING THE 2 STEP TO 5250

BMW has no mods and i think its automatic

i would really like to put this kid in his place
WOW!! what a embarassing way to introduce himself, that guy must be a dikc. Anyway, a stock 335i auto would run average 13.2-13.6 and will trap between 103-106mph.

I think it would be very close, the reason why I am saying that is because the Auto 335i is performing slighty better than the counterpart manual 335i becasuse of the closer gear ratio and also because of the lighting fast shifting (never misses a shift and it shifts very fast).

If I was you I will challenge the guy just for being a dikc however if you win it will be by a marginal difference. You high would be the take off, over 90mph I give the bmw a strong win.

Carlos
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:20 PM

you would definitely beat him and jus some word of advice take it to the track....I learned the hard way back in HS and ended up losing my Type R and spending 3 weeks in juvi
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSE06
The fastest 335i I've heard of pulls 12.399 at 116.8. We all know you can make an Evo way faster than that, especially a IX. So if he does beat you which he shouldn't, just save up a bit and do a few more mods and put the guy in his place.
That was correct about 2 months ago. Someone else went down to 11.9

Carlos
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:22 PM
Lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
owned both, from 35 mph up, the 335 wins, it will be semi even stock, with a PROcede (made by vishnu) you'll get raped.

From 0, you'll kill him till 80, then he'll catch up, again with a procede, he'll catch up sooner.

and don't judge the auto in the 335, its actually faster then the manual version of the same car. However, it may mean he's not a very good driver. So really, none of this means anything if he's a junk driver.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jiggawha1
you would definitely beat him and jus some word of advice take it to the track....I learned the hard way back in HS and ended up losing my Type R and spending 3 weeks in juvi
I wouldn't be that sure. Launching the Evos is a hit or miss for many people. Definately will take some practice if you never owned a AWD. Again, the Auto 335i with its inmense low end torque pulls out of the whole with a steady and silk smooth 1.9-2.0 60'(despite not having a rear LSD) no matter if you are the most rookie or if you are the most expert. After the launch it gets better, the 335i auto corrects your mistakes (will shift by default even if you mis use the paddle shifters).

The great advantage of the Evo (awd) is mainly on the take off but then the Evo is too boxy and it also carries the drivetrain penalty once in motion(drivetrain drag). On the other hand, the BMW is very slim and it does not have as much drivetrain loses(except the XI)

I personally won some 1/4 mile races on the 335i agaisnt other superior cars due to the shifting advantage alone.

my .2c

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Feb 7, 2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

well hes 100% stock and he probably has no idea about procede, I guess im just going to challenge him to a race at the strip when it opens back up and whats up with the guy telling me to go "suck a duck"?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awd_ftw
335i are TT if I remember right..about even stock 1/4 mile times. It's a drivers race bud. Leave his a** off the line with a good launch and you should be ok
+1.. take is a$$ off the line and your good..jus go and handel your business.!!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

haha i will, thanks for the info guys, i feel pretty confident that i will beat him at the track
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CRX2EVO
werd, and if it looks like he's going to beat you swerve towards him a little, that should slow him down then you'll win
great advice