Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Questions about Vishnu Performace Package

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Vishnu Performace Package

I am just wondering if it would be a good buy to get a Vishnu 400hp package for the IX. Is it worth it? Did Vishnu fall off the map with Evo's? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go with something else since I read Vishnu is all about the 335i now.

Keep reading the forums... i don't think you've waste enough time on here yet.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aznprodigy
I am just wondering if it would be a good buy to get a Vishnu 400hp package for the IX. Is it worth it? Did Vishnu fall off the map with Evo's? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
My buddy lives right down the street from Shiv's house and he always has an Evo or a 335i in the driveway. I've heard his tuning makes good power but gas mileage suffers a lot. I'm thinking about going to Speed Element myself to have mine tuned, although I haven't ruled out having Shiv tune it either. Check around for places in your area.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:40 PM

haha alright. Yeah i was reading about it and people have said they are moving towards bmw to make more $$$. I guess ill find an alternative. Any suggestions for an ecu flash?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
buschur offers a wide array of staged packages - www.buschurracing.com

I can't think of another vendor off the top of my head that does this

otherwise...piece together parts you like and then find a tuner in your area and whhaaaaabammmm
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh the internet. We are still very involved with the evo community, however, the scope of our business has narrowed from the days of old. We used to think it was a good idea to make and sell every part under the sun, so long as it made your car go faster, or handle better. However, we realized at a certain point that we should focus our efforts in the areas in which we excel.

In our case, we felt we were much better off, and more productive developing engine control solutions, as we have always had a particular knack for doing so. Of course, about the same time we decided this, a free flashing software came out for evos, and basically killed about 75% of the market. So the choices were: Keep the business running as usual by selling pointless modifications to evo owners, or focus our efforts in other markets, until the opportunity arose to flex our talents again in the evo community. Since our company model has always been to sell well thought out products, which are as useful as they are enjoyable, the first option was simply not an acceptable one in our eyes. After all, we are enthusiast, and we understand that spending money on mods which have very little utility is never what car lovers are about. For instance, our new procede computer can be used in a number of different platforms (evo X, 335i, 135i 911 turbo, skyline gtr, gallardo, etc. etc.) which means you can take it with you when you move up to that ultra exotic. If that doesn't scream utility, I don't know what does.

So, while we still did a great deal of business in the evo community over the past year, with our engine management and exhaust solutions for the evo 8s and 9s, we were a little less active on the boards, because the information was already here, and there really wasn't much left to contribute after the 6 years of development on these cars. In fact, if you look at the post count on our vendor forum, you will see that even with almost a year of inactivity (pretty much all customers have deferred to email or phone for some time now) we still have more posts than any other vendor on this forum. We are the type of vendor who loves providing you guys with information on your cars when the information does not yet exist on the forum. It has always been our passion, and a look at the evo X forum will show that we are up to it again.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=322616
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=323641

Sorry if this has been a bit long winded, but I get frustrated when I see people offering up "Vishnu doesn't care about the evo anymore." Of course we care about the evo, (hell, Shiv and I both have one) we just care about our customers too. And feel that part of a good business/customer relationship is never selling the customer something that their cars truly don't need. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to PM me. I hope this post has shed a new light on our activity within this forum. If not, then maybe we should get to work on a flux capacitor, as I am sure a few will want their one minute back.

Last edited by Dustin@Vishnu; Feb 7, 2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 02:38 PM

it is probably a great package, but I can not understand how they justify to do a flash for about $750 for a mail in flash!! I don'tcare how good they say it is , but it is still a mail in flash.... I bought my part from Buschur (which was not the greatest experience...) and had the car dyno tuned by a super trusted local guy here in colorado for $150....